Thread: CTI questions

Hybrid View

Default CTI questions

I read somewhere that there is a Managers Wine List. Has anyone ordered from one?

Thinking about going to Dunns River Falls this trip. Do you take extra dry clothes with you? If so, where do you leave them? I read somewhere the best days to go on that trip are when the cruise ships are NOT there. Does anyone know what days the cruise ships come in? How much money should we take with us?

Thanks!
    15 SLEEPS!!!

We used our resort credit for wine a couple of times. We liked the choices available.
    The trip to/from Dunn's River Falls isn't very long. Carry a towel (which you can leave on the bus) to wrap around you on the way back to the resort.
    Here's a link to the cruise ship schedules - check both Ocho Rios and Falmouth.
    Tips are customary for your guides up the falls.

My husband and I just got married at CTI in august. We did go to Dunn's River. At that time at least, there are no cruise ships on Sundays. It was INCREDIBLE! No crowd and no rushing at all.

The driver of our private bus locked the bus with our belongings on it. I wasn't worried at all. All we took was our waterproof camera and water shoes. Leave your tshirts in the bus.

I also wore a runners belt waiststrap that I put a ziplock baggie in that contained some mad money for a Red Stripe after we climbed the falls.

You will have a great time. No worries Mon!

Just leave your stuff on the bus. One guy brought a backpack and water bottles and stuff and he was hatin it once we started climbing.
    Weddingmoon @ CTI August 2011
    Planning our return Home!

Take only $$ to tip the guides and your driver unless you want to shop and it's not the best place to shop in my opinion. Plus most people want to get back to the resort. I don't remember taking dry clothes although they do have a restrooms to change near the bus. I only remember wearing a cover up and taking a towel which we left on the bus. I wore my water shoes there and back. The drive is only about 15 minutes. Never ordered from the manager's wine list. The Chilean they serve is fine for me. www.cruisecal.com should tell you when most ships are in port--typically T-Th, no so much on the weekends.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by LiiziD View Post
    I read somewhere that there is a Managers Wine List. Has anyone ordered from one?

Thinking about going to Dunns River Falls this trip. Do you take extra dry clothes with you? If so, where do you leave them? I read somewhere the best days to go on that trip are when the cruise ships are NOT there. Does anyone know what days the cruise ships come in? How much money should we take with us?

Thanks!
    15 SLEEPS!!!
    Try this. http://cruisett.com/ports.php?PortID=480&date=43

Sorry no one has answered you yet...

We wore our suits with T-shirts and/or coverups and took the towel from the room. You leave those on the bus while you are climbing the Falls. Sunday is the day when there are no cruise ships. The bus leaves at 9AM to go to the Falls and you will be back by lunchtime. I think $25 - $30 would be plenty if you want to buy any pics. More if you want a video. Tip the guides and bus driver.

The Manager's Wine List seemed confusing to me. They only have a few listed, which are marked with a "check" and even though we had resort credits to apply, I was happy with the regular table wine. The Wycliffe brand of sparkling wine is better than the brand that starts with "K"....(can't think of the whole name right now.)

Have fun! This is the best place to spend your vacation!

Dunn's River fall was a fun trip.. there was a couple things that we did not care for. The guides take you up the falls and at the end they expect a tip and will stand there until you give them a tip. One our friends gave them a $5 tip and the guy gave them a nasty look. When you are walking through the park to get back to the shuttle, you will get hassled by the vendors... just be prepared. Everyone left their things on the shuttle while we were in the falls.. when we got back looked like our stuff was searched through. Overall, it was a good time. I like how it was included with Couples.

Thanks for all the info!! It sounds like Sunday is the best day for Dunns River Falls but I will review the cruise ship schedules. Many thanks for that too - I am a total klutz and we are getting married at CTI on the Monday...I can just imagine my wedding photos with my knees all scraped up like a kid! Maybe safer to deal with the crowds but after the 'big day'
    10 sleeps until CTI!
    Cheers and Happy New Year!