Default Floyd's Pelican Bar

Will be heading to CN Feb. 18 - Feb. 24. Will be 3rd trip to CN and think I have convinced the gang (there will be 6 of us) to spend a day going to Floyd's Pelican Bar.

Any thoughts on this? We were thinking we'll just hire a private driver for the day so that we won't be tied to a specific schedule. Any recommendations for drivers? Any other places we should stop along the way? How long of a day is it from CN to Floyd's Bar and back?

My biggest concern is my wife has a little bit of a sensitive stomach so I could see her getting a little car sick if the road is too bad, the driving too fast, the trip too long...

Thanks!

We have been twice, and it is the best excursion we have ever done. I do have plenty of advice regarding drivers and such, and what to expect when you get there. Email me at mandolin-dot-Jeff at gmail-dot-com and I'll be glad to share what I know.

Pelican Bar was a blast - Floyd was a neat guy! Your driver or boat captain will call ahead and place your lunch order - fish or lobster - very yummy!
    We have a driver we use every year for our different excursions - he is great! Email me and I'll get you the info! r2krueger@juno.com
    It is a pretty full days trip -- we combined it with YS Falls which was neat and much less "touristy" than Dunns River. Gregg took us up through residential areas on the way back and we even stopped to buy some fruit from some kiddos in the area - super cute!

We are going to CN Jan 7th and are planning on a day trip to Floyds also. Any info would be greatly appreciated. 9 days and counting!!!

We will be there Jan 27 for our anniversary. I was also wondering if there is anything to do or see off the property and how to go about getting there... Hopefully someone will reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Alamere View Post
    Will be heading to CN Feb. 18 - Feb. 24. Will be 3rd trip to CN and think I have convinced the gang (there will be 6 of us) to spend a day going to Floyd's Pelican Bar.

Any thoughts on this? We were thinking we'll just hire a private driver for the day so that we won't be tied to a specific schedule. Any recommendations for drivers? Any other places we should stop along the way? How long of a day is it from CN to Floyd's Bar and back?

My biggest concern is my wife has a little bit of a sensitive stomach so I could see her getting a little car sick if the road is too bad, the driving too fast, the trip too long...

Thanks!
    We did Pelican bar in Dec, it was a ton of fun.

The trip for us was $60 a person for the taxi, we used Rocky, http://www.rockystaxiandtourservice.com/ He was a great host and was tons of fun.

The trip itself is about 2 hrs to the beach, from there it is a 20 min boat ride. We left at 8 and got to the bar about 10:30. The road is not as nice as the one from MBJ to Negril, so bring dramamine.

Lunch and beers were $35 a person, and that was totally worth it. I had the lobster, it was the best meal I ate on the island. Even better than CSA restaurants. , which is hard to do.

Plan on a full day, we did not get back till 4 or 5. It was soooooo much fun, and is a memory I will never forget. It made our perfect vacation this year.

We went from Treasure beach and Jakes Hotel, which was cool. Had a private driver, and did it in 1/2 day.
    Just had a beer, no food. The Kennedy's have homes on the cliffs on the ride from Treasure Beach to Floyd's.

We used Antsman Tours he was great did Pelican Bar and used him later that week for the Appleton Tour Email him at antsmantour@gmail.com
    he is very prompt at getting back to you nand the price can not be beat, he is a great driver and we will definately use him when we return again

Can you book the pelican bar tour with CSA?
    One Love,
    Mya

I've been very interested in this. Can anyone tell me where this is? I saw two hrs from cn. Is that towards mobay? We are going to cti this trip- will the pelican bar have to wait until we return to negril?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Myapapya View Post
    Can you book the pelican bar tour with CSA?
    I don't think so. Email Rocky and have him set it all up for you. He took care of everything for us including calling ahead for our lunch:

http://www.rockystaxiandtourservice.com/

Quote Originally Posted by madtown mom View Post
    I've been very interested in this. Can anyone tell me where this is? I saw two hrs from cn. Is that towards mobay? We are going to cti this trip- will the pelican bar have to wait until we return to negril?
    Thanks!
    No it is the other way, down towards whitehouse/black river:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Pelica...,0.524254&z=13