Hybrid View

Default Help!!! How do you decide?

So we are getting ready to book our vacation for 2012. And here is the question, WHICH RESORT????

This past summer we did a split between CSS and CN, fell in love with CSS, but still love CN. Hubby is leaning towards CSS and I am feeling a loyalty to CN. I did suggest that we go to CN for summer vacation and then go to CSS for New Year's Eve, but because the rates aren't posted for 2013 yet and we are looking at buying a new house, so hubby won't commit.

I knew we should have just stayed true to one resort, now it is too hard to decide which one. So to all of the other repeaters, that have been to mutliple resorts, how do you decide? Do you stay with your first love and remain loyal? Or do you explore a new interest? Find out if it is as wonderful as the first, better or maybe it was just the flush of excitement of a new interest?

WE did the same split that you did last summer and I had a week booked again for CN in April. After I was home for a few months, CSS is the resort that I am still thinking about. When a Wednesday special came up for Beachfront suite at CSS, I gladly switched. Everyone has to decide what they like the best, but I will name a few things that I liked better at CSS.

I like the Casanova balloon bar area better. I like to sit outside at night and have a drink and watch entertainment outside. Its nice having a choice weather to eat outside, or air conditioned. I like the more tropical feel to CSS.

We like the fact that you could eat breakfast outside. At CN, although it was open air, you did not get a full view of outside, and felt more like you were inside a big building.

We tried SS beach and loved it. We made a lot more friends there, and enjoyed the group atmosphere.

We loved the beach/water at SSB , and to us it was more visually stimulating hanging out on our floatie. I like the fact that your not roped off, and I love looking at the trees and rocks on the shore.

I liked our beachfront room much better, and I loved our bathroom better at CSS.

Overall, we just felt like CSS was more exotic.

Everyone has different priorities so I guess you just have to define what things are most important to you. Good luck, I know its a hard choice.

We've visited all except CSA. We usually decide depending on best deals because they are all great, each one unique. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    So we are getting ready to book our vacation for 2012. And here is the question, WHICH RESORT????

This past summer we did a split between CSS and CN, fell in love with CSS, but still love CN. Hubby is leaning towards CSS and I am feeling a loyalty to CN. I did suggest that we go to CN for summer vacation and then go to CSS for New Year's Eve, but because the rates aren't posted for 2013 yet and we are looking at buying a new house, so hubby won't commit.

I knew we should have just stayed true to one resort, now it is too hard to decide which one. So to all of the other repeaters, that have been to mutliple resorts, how do you decide? Do you stay with your first love and remain loyal? Or do you explore a new interest? Find out if it is as wonderful as the first, better or maybe it was just the flush of excitement of a new interest?
    We have been to all 4 resorts and they are all unique and beautiful in their own way. The only reason we have been to CTI the most is because we spent our honeymoon there in 1980 so therefore it's special to us. We feel you can not go wrong with whatever choice you make - go with your heart!

One love
    Paul and Debbie

We just booked CT for the end of March. Have been to CSA three times and wanted to try the other side of the island. I don't like to go back to same place too many times, but CSA is my favorite of all so far. Been to Mexico, Aruba, Dominican, and Antiqua. But, CSA has been the best.

Blondie, When are you booking your vaction? When we were at CSS, we met a couple that love CN , always go in the summer and switched to CSS because of the weather. They said it always rains every afternoon in the summer on the Negril side and for that reason will not go back to CN in the summer. When we got to CN (as we did the same split as you), at the repeater dinner, I asked Karen and she said the same thing, that the weather is better on the Ocho side in the summer, and better on the Negril side in the winter. She has lived in Jamaica her entire life, so I believe her. I don't know if this helps or not.