Default Excursions From CSA?

Hello fabulous CSA folks,

My wife and I are headed to CSA on Jan 21 for 10 days to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. I was hoping to get som information about the following excursions we've discussed....

Blue Hole

Pelican Bar

Zip Line Tour

Dune Buggy

Dunns River

Thanks! J

Dunns Rivers Falls....awesome. Must see.

Since you are on the Negril side of the Island. I would HIGHLY recommend the ATV tour instead of dune buggy. We did the atv's in Negril and had the best time@!! We did the dune buggys in Ocho Rios and it was also amazing, but atvs way better and a very short drive from CSA!!! With the falls. We did the falls/rum tour/black river tour all together. It was a full day and just amazing.

By the time this gets posted, you will have at least a dozen replies telling you about all the excursions you mentioned. But the best one is a free one - take a walk up Seven Mile Beach. There are dozens of craft vendors, small jerk shacks, and friendly people to meet. You'll get a taste of the real Jamaica, not the one so elegantly crafted for tourists. Yes, it's safe and there's always the Caribbean Sea waiting to cool you off as you walk. Bring cash - small bills only, nothing bigger than a ten. Haggle over price, taste the food, and if you don't want to be bothered, just say no thanks and move on.

If you walk 2-1/2 miles up the beach, you'll come to a restaurant called "Bourbon Beach". Stop there and try the jerk chicken and pork. Be cautious with the brown sauce; it's much hotter than most. On the way back, cut through Coco La Palm (no one will even ask) and you'll come out on Manly Boulevard about 1/2 mile from CSA. Diagonally across the street is Best In The West. No kidding, some of the best chicken on the Negril side of the island. He also makes jerk lobster. Walk down Manly to CSA and about 50 yards from the north entrance is Ossie's Jerk Center. Skip the chicken and eat the pork. Her green garlic jerk sauce will make you sweat, but the after taste will make you scream for more. Since it's so close to CSA, I go to Ossie's two or three times a visit.

Take bottled water from your room or get some at the swim bar before you leave the resort; hey, it's free! The sand is hard-packed all the way up the beach, so you can walk barefoot, but you're going to want flip-flops or sneakers if you go to the two jerk shacks on the way back.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Dunn's river is too far from CSA. I haven't been but Mayfield falls or YS falls are much closer. I have read good things about these tours.

This is wonderful advice. Thanks so much everyone. The more the merrier. I should add that we married in Ochoa Rios in 02 and did Dunns River then.

You should look into doing what we do. We rent a driver for the day and go to various places. We went to the Appleton Rum Factory where they seem to have almost unlimitted tasting at the end, the Black River with a look at the crocodiles, the YS Falls, Rick's Cafe for the cliff divers, and a few local eatery stops along the way to get the real taste of Jamaica. This way you are never rushed and you can adjust plans as you go if you want. The drivers are usually very informative and helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    By the time this gets posted, you will have at least a dozen replies telling you about all the excursions you mentioned. But the best one is a free one - take a walk up Seven Mile Beach. There are dozens of craft vendors, small jerk shacks, and friendly people to meet. You'll get a taste of the real Jamaica, not the one so elegantly crafted for tourists. Yes, it's safe and there's always the Caribbean Sea waiting to cool you off as you walk. Bring cash - small bills only, nothing bigger than a ten. Haggle over price, taste the food, and if you don't want to be bothered, just say no thanks and move on.

If you walk 2-1/2 miles up the beach, you'll come to a restaurant called "Bourbon Beach". Stop there and try the jerk chicken and pork. Be cautious with the brown sauce; it's much hotter than most. On the way back, cut through Coco La Palm (no one will even ask) and you'll come out on Manly Boulevard about 1/2 mile from CSA. Diagonally across the street is Best In The West. No kidding, some of the best chicken on the Negril side of the island. He also makes jerk lobster. Walk down Manly to CSA and about 50 yards from the north entrance is Ossie's Jerk Center. Skip the chicken and eat the pork. Her green garlic jerk sauce will make you sweat, but the after taste will make you scream for more. Since it's so close to CSA, I go to Ossie's two or three times a visit.

Take bottled water from your room or get some at the swim bar before you leave the resort; hey, it's free! The sand is hard-packed all the way up the beach, so you can walk barefoot, but you're going to want flip-flops or sneakers if you go to the two jerk shacks on the way back.
    ^^^^ Thanks for this tip, will try when I go back to CSA.

Mayfield falls, and Percy's retreat afterwards for a few drinks.

@marguline - when you say UP the beach. left or right? I want to try this as well. We have only gone across "Beaches" shoreline (or which everone it is right next door).

Okie,
    What she meant is hit the beach and turn left, you can walk all the way to Margaritaville if you like. Just be certain to check in with security upon your exit and when you get back

Mick

@ Mick, thanks. I see I referred my question to the wrong person anyway. We will have to try that!!