Default Dunn's river falls?

Please help. We will be at cti for a week and want to check out the falls.I've heard avoid the cruise days so it won't be quite as packed. Any idea when that is? How far is it time-wise from the resort? Thanks!

You can check this link for port schedules. You might want to check Falmouth as well as Ocho Rios.
    The ride from the resort is only 15 - 20 minutes (if I remember correctly).

Default Sunday is the day to go to the falls!!

The falls are the best on Sunday. There are no crusie ships in port and you basically have the place to yourself. Be warned that after the falls you have to run the gauntlet of vendors to get back to the bus to go home. Just tell them a polite "No" and keep walking if you don't want anything. Bring your own aqua shoes, your digital camera, the guide will take pictures for you and a fiver for the guide for a tip because they are not a Couples employee. Maybe a one for the driver as well. Remember all the trips out of the resort are not Couples employees and may want tips. Book the catamaran cruise, your meals, and anything related to the spa, fancy private dinners, as soon as you get there cause they fill up.

www.cruisecal.com will give you some information on when they are in port. The falls are not far from the resort, just the other side of OR. You are back in time for lunch.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by madtown mom View Post
    Please help. We will be at cti for a week and want to check out the falls.I've heard avoid the cruise days so it won't be quite as packed. Any idea when that is? How far is it time-wise from the resort? Thanks!
    Try this. http://cruisett.com/ports.php?PortID=480

Quote Originally Posted by madtown mom View Post
    I think there's a cruise schedule somewhere online that shows when ships will be in port at Ocho Rios, but Sundays there are none. Go Sunday if you can.

Try this link: http://cruisett.com/ports.php?PortID=480&date=43 it seems to show which ship is there, and when. I haven't been to CTI, but Dunn's was maybe 20 minutes from CSS i think.
    Hope this helps!!
    58 more days!!

Wow, thanks so much! Dragonfeathr, is cti different from cn and csa? Meaning, there you can only book things the day of or the day before. Can we really book out our week when we arrive?

We were at CSS in late November, did the falls one day. I believe there were two ships in port as we drove by. You sign up the day before, and meet in the lobby at 10am, get there by 10:30. The falls parking lot was pretty empty upon arrival, and while there were people on the falls, it wasn't too bad. When we left the parking lot was crammed full of busses. I would therefore not worry too much about ships being in as it seemed that our group 'beat the rush' so to speak.

As soon as you get there the staff will help you with it all. And we went on a saturday for friends from the resort at CTI and we had a blast and the place to ourselves basically. They will tell you the cruises main days. JUST ASK. And yes as soon as you get there it is best to plan your week out and sign up for all the fun stuff. you have to try EVERYTHING. but be willing to venture out either on a dunebug trip or the zip lining from chukka they are a MUST! so much fun.
    They cost extra but so worth it.
    We met a couple from OHIO there and we actually pretty much double dated to dinners and went on the dunns river falls and zip line together. so make friends and make memories. ENJOY
    I miss that place.

I have heard a few times that Sunday's are usually when there are no cruise boats. I went to the falls from a cruise and it was so crowded. It was definitely a great sight to see though!
    ~01.24.07 the first day of the rest of our lives ~ 04.22.07 "i love you" ~ 04.29.09 move into our first place ~ 06.07.11 will you marry me? ~ 01.22.12 mr & mrs. <3 ~ 01.26.12-02.04.12 COUPLES NEGRIL!~
    http://alyssananglephotography.smugmug.com/

As I understand it, there are never cruise ships in port on Sundays, but the staff will have up-to-date schedules if Sunday isn't convenient for you. As for "running the gauntlet," if you pay attention to the layout, you can go out the entrance and avoid the "craft village" altogether. Dunn's River is touristy even on non-crowded days, but it's very pretty and definitely worth the trip, especially from Couples: You'll leave mid-morning and return early afternoon.