Default beach party vs repeater's dinner

so we have been going round and round on this one, so i'm putting it to the experts-you!
    we are arriving on mon at cti and leaving the following mon. we are 4 x repeaters, so we are invited to the dinner the night we arrive, i would assume since this is our only monday we will be there. in the past we have rsvp'd with the invite they left in our room, but since we will arrive just hours before the event, how do we go about that?
    so then there's the beach party. on the mb i've heard this is not to be missed. it sounds really fun. is it possible to do the repeater dinner and catch the entertainment? this is lobster season, so i'm assuming it will be served at the invite party, but not the beach party. not a dealbreaker, but hey, i love lobster.
    here's the part where i hope i dont get a lot of hatemail...please, this is just my honest opinion. obviously i love couples. since i've started vacationing there, its the only place i go. with that being said, ive never really enjoyed the manager's party! the food has been very nice, but not better than at the wonderful restaurants at the resorts. i have always gone with an open mind hoping to have a blast, the way i've read that others have, but walk away feeling like it was an almost painful situation.
    we both love to have fun and socialize, we are both servers(waiters), he's a wine rep and i'm a teacher. my point in saying this is that we are very social people, so i can't figure out why no "connection" with the manager's meeting. any helpful hints? what am i missing? thanks!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by madtown mom View Post
    so we have been going round and round on this one, so i'm putting it to the experts-you!
    we are arriving on mon at cti and leaving the following mon. we are 4 x repeaters, so we are invited to the dinner the night we arrive, i would assume since this is our only monday we will be there. in the past we have rsvp'd with the invite they left in our room, but since we will arrive just hours before the event, how do we go about that?
    so then there's the beach party. on the mb i've heard this is not to be missed. it sounds really fun. is it possible to do the repeater dinner and catch the entertainment? this is lobster season, so i'm assuming it will be served at the invite party, but not the beach party. not a dealbreaker, but hey, i love lobster.
    here's the part where i hope i dont get a lot of hatemail...please, this is just my honest opinion. obviously i love couples. since i've started vacationing there, its the only place i go. with that being said, ive never really enjoyed the manager's party! the food has been very nice, but not better than at the wonderful restaurants at the resorts. i have always gone with an open mind hoping to have a blast, the way i've read that others have, but walk away feeling like it was an almost painful situation.
    we both love to have fun and socialize, we are both servers(waiters), he's a wine rep and i'm a teacher. my point in saying this is that we are very social people, so i can't figure out why no "connection" with the manager's meeting. any helpful hints? what am i missing? thanks!!!!!!!
    You have not been to the beach party? What a wonderful event!

Fortunately we are able to attend both over the years at least 2 Mondays in a row and able to attend both - tough choice for you. I would recommend attending the beach party at least once and then decide for future trips. Just let them know when you arrive if you want to attend the Repeaters Dinner and there should be no problem mon. The staff are wonderful!

Have a great time - we leave in 9 day for CTI.
    Paul and Debbie
    Loyalist since 1980

Default Managers dinner

We will be at cti in March for the second straight year. last year we attended the managers dinner and though it was very well done..but...after talking to other guests we felt like the beach party sounded like a lot more
    Fun. This year, we are planning on attending the beach party. The advantage of going to couples multiple times is that you can do different things.

Default Managers dinner

We will be at cti in March for the second straight year. last year we attended the managers dinner and though it was very well done..but...after talking to other guests we felt like the beach party sounded like a lot more
    Fun. This year, we are planning on attending the beach party. The advantage of going to couples multiple times is that you can do different things.

I wish CTI didn't have this conflict! We're going to try to do both - go to the Repeater's Dinner and hopefully catch the entertainment at the beach party. We've had a couple of great experiences at the Repeater's dinners and a couple where we longed to be at the table that seemed to be having a great time... always a bummer when you're not at that table... Anyway, these dinners seem to be hit or miss, but I love the food and service (esp. the endless wine refills). Plus, we've never been to a Repeater's dinner at CTI.

We do both...we let them know at the beginning so it won't appear rude and then excuse ourselves for dessert. I to wish they would adjust the schedule...but I understand. The beach party is awesome...but so is getting to speak with the staff without feeling like your interrupting them from taking care of their duties. Do both...best of both worlds!!!
    Eric & Rachael, New Braunfels TX
    CTI 2010
    CN/CTI 2011
    CTI 2012
    CTI 2013 (Gotta Love Early Booking Specials)

Thanks, as of now we are going to try to do both. Can't wait...3 weeks