Hybrid View

Default Need help with wedding ideas!

I just recently got engaged and we are thinking about doing a beach wedding. I have been looking online for the perfect resort/beach/wedding ceremony at a price that is resonable. So far the Couples Resorts seem amazing with so much included and look beautiful. I am trying to decide which resort might be the best...we are looking for something pretty simple but with a wide variety of activities during the day and a fun nightlife. We are planning on having a small ceremony with probably no more than 10 guests. If anyone has any suggestions on location, activities, rooms, ceremony, decorations, etc...I could use all the help and advice I can get.

Thanks All!!!

We would highly recommended Swept Away as the perfect place for a beach wedding. We did it in 2004 and it was the best day ever. If you are interested in some pictures, I could email you a couple. Clemonssara40@gmail.com or I am on Facebook.

I'm getting married at CSA in May. I think it fits your bill!

Quote Originally Posted by AKeeton View Post
    I just recently got engaged and we are thinking about doing a beach wedding. I have been looking online for the perfect resort/beach/wedding ceremony at a price that is resonable. So far the Couples Resorts seem amazing with so much included and look beautiful. I am trying to decide which resort might be the best...we are looking for something pretty simple but with a wide variety of activities during the day and a fun nightlife. We are planning on having a small ceremony with probably no more than 10 guests. If anyone has any suggestions on location, activities, rooms, ceremony, decorations, etc...I could use all the help and advice I can get.

Thanks All!!!
    Hi - Welcome to the Couple's Family

We spent our honeymoon at CTI in 1980 and have loved it since. We also renewed our vows in 2006and loved it more than our wedding (think about purching the DVD video - ours is fantastic and we still cry each time we watch it). Since then we have been to all 4 resorts and they are all unique and beautiful - suggest you check each of resorts on the website - everyone's preferences are different but CTI does offer the most as far as off property activities which include horseback riding, sunset cruise, Dunns Falls and more.

If you have any further question or we could be of any help, please email us at Dpanda617@aol.com.

We don't think you will not be disappointed with any of the resorts and we have traveled many places but Couples is our home away from home. We leave in about 9 days for CTI.

Congratulations and Best Wishes
    Paul and Debbie

Ok. I think we have decided on CTI for the destination. They seem to have so much to do. Other than that, not sure what to do next. Plus, I am not sure I can wait almost a year to go...reading all these posts on here makes me want to head there now! It sounds like such a good time. So, if anyone has any more suggestions on weddings at CTI that would be fantastic...such as decorations, upgrades we should have at the ceremony, things to do, the best time to have it, photo package, music, gifts for the guests??? Seems a little overwhelming now since I am just getting started.

Thanks

Congratulations! As everyone has already said, everyone has their favorite Couples Resort - Ours is Couples Negril. We were married there in 5/99, not too long after they opened. It was the most beautiful day ... Each time we go to a wedding at home, I look at my husband and tell him that I'd do it the same way all over again. Nothing beats getting married on the beach at a Couples Resort!

Kristie
    Kristie & Tim
    CN '99,'04,'06,'07,'09
    COR '00
    CSS 10/5/09 - 10/10/09

For an actual wedding on the beach I would recommend CSA as we have been to a couple there and the resort is amazing. We were actually married at CSS, not on the beach but in the wedding gazebo above the lapping Caribbean waves. It is very romantic and private (no bathers or joggers passing by or getting in pictures) with a tree lined stone path and patio area as well as the most beautiful backdrop imaginable. You are about 15-20 feet above the water on a cliff that sticks out. Believe me when I sayName:  DSC_0070.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  59.7 KB you can' go wrong. Couples is amazing.

I just got married at CTI this October and LOVED it! I do have a couple suggestions. We decided to get married right on the beach. We where a bit worried because there seemed to be a lot of people around that area, but for the ceremony it was very nice and quiet, all the other guests where very respectful and gave us our space for the ceremony. I worried a lot about what to do with my bouquet and really shouldn't have. In the end I did their complimentary bouquet and they just changed the colours for me so they matched my dress/jewelry (blue and white). We didn't upgrade to any special dinners or anything and didn't feel we needed to. We got married on a Saturday and that is the day of their gala. It worked out nicely because they put aside a special table for our 8 person party and it was fantastic. The bit money spender on our whole ceremony was the photography. I found it very expensive, so we just did the 18 photo option (they take all the pictures you want, but you pick 18) so we just concentrated on the ceremony and then afterwards my brother (who is a great photographer) did all our other shots around the resort. There are tonze of great spots for photos at CTI I loved the garden area... As for activities I highly reccomend the catamaran cruise (they did it on the day of our wedding and we stayed in our cloths so we could jump off of it with our stuff on at the end of the day). And do Dunn river falls on Sunday (that is when the cruise ships aren't in so its less busy). The premier ocean room is great (we where in 3326 and had a great view). Oh, and I wish we would have waited to buy souvenirs until he beach party where they bring vendors in and we got way better deals that during the rest of our stay...or just wait till you get to the airport. If you have any more questions just drop me a line! sweetrosebud@hotmail.com So excited for you!Name:  09961183.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  39.0 KBName:  22 OCT 2011 wedding 079.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  62.8 KBName:  22 OCT 2011 wedding 157.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  27.3 KBName:  DSC01288.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  25.8 KB

I am getting married June 1 at CTI, and after reading the message boards I don't know if I can wait even that much longer!! Lol We are just going to do the included package with a photography upgrade ( who's IS quite pricey), but so far the staff has been very accommodating. They even allowed me to email a photo of a hair style in which they will get flowers for my hair! My only concern is we are going it alone, and our families are hosting a large reception for us 2 days after we return. We won't have anyone as "witnesses"
    And it seems a little awkward that resort staff will do it. We thought we might "make friends" to invite, and to help us take a few shots outside of the extremely pricy photography with our camera. Does anyone have experience on that front? Is it common not to have guests there, or awkward (as I fear)? Any advice would be lovely!!