Thread: Spellcheck

Default Spellcheck

Can a spellcheck be added to the menu above?

Why not just use FireFox? It has built in spell check that works on almost every web page with fill in forms.
    Google Chrome also has built in spell check which works similar to FireFox's
    Another alternative is the iE Spell add-on for those so inclined to use IE.

Cheers,
    Tom & Erin 21x CSA Veterans
    The Janadians

Don't worry about a thing, 'cuz every little thing is gonna be all right...
    Robert Nesta Marley

My browser spell checks when I reply.

There used to be a spell check on this forum but it must have been removed when they revamped their site. I also hope that they put it back in as spelling is not my strong suit.

Thanks for the suggestons. Unfortuantly, the spell check on Mozilla Firefox does not work. I've tried a number of times to fix it, but nothing helps. I installed Google toolbar which has ie spell in it, but each time I log on for the first time in the morning, it dissapears. I have tried locking the toolbar, but that hasn't helped.
    The spell check box that appears when you enter a new thread, also does not work.
    I have been having trouble overall with my computer and that may h ave something to do with it. I have a computer person coming over next week to fix some of my problems. I'll see what happens after he does some repair work for me.

FireFox Spellcheck issues.

Assuming you have the latest version(s) 8.0.x or 9.0.x of FireFox go to Tools>Options>Advanced>General Tab> then under "Browsing" check to see if "Check my spelling as I type" is checked. If it isn't check it.

Barring that the only other reason would be that the actual dictionary (there are many) is missing. Fix that here:

Fixing Missing FireFox Dictionaries

Cheers,
    Last edited by Tom & Erin; January 8th, 2012 at 12:53 PM.
    Tom & Erin 21x CSA Veterans
    The Janadians

Don't worry about a thing, 'cuz every little thing is gonna be all right...
    Robert Nesta Marley