Default types of beer at couples negril

Husband is wondering what type of beer they serve at CN? We are from St.Louis so he is an A/B man....specifically Bud light!
    Thanks for the info.

We were just there in December. The only "American" beer they have is Miller Lite -which just isn't going to cut it for an A/B fan . The piano bar has Guiness and Heineken (I think we saw both of those there, anyway). The rest of the bars have Red Stripe and Red Stripe Light, and I think they have Carib somewhere as well. I'm a Bud Light drinker also- I drank Red Stripe Light all week and loved it.

I am from Springfield, Mo and work for the AB folks.....Sorry to say Bud Light, the number one beer in the world, is not available. Red Stripe or Miller Lite is the domestic. I talked to the bar manager at the repeaters dinner and said it was a cost issue. Miller is cheaper and helps them stay at the per guest average dollar amount. I battled the best I could 2 years ago, but Feb 2012 will be our 4 time to CN. Enjoy the unbrella drinks!!

BudLightGuy

No Bud products. Red stripe, Red Stripe Light, Miller Lite, Caribe and I think the Piano Bar has Heineken(?).

Default Redstripe

Quote Originally Posted by bertsgirls View Post
    Husband is wondering what type of beer they serve at CN? We are from St.Louis so he is an A/B man....specifically Bud light!
    Thanks for the info.
    Start acquiring a taste for Red Stripe

There's no budweiser at CN. Mostly, you'll find Red Stripe lLight and Miller lite. In the piano bar, there may be other brands, but no budweiser.

Thanks for the info.
    Well, when in Jamaica I think it's always best to go local with good old Red Stripe. I know for sure they serve Miller and Miller Light and I'm pretty sure they also serve Bud. But with all the liquors and cocktails, you'll never be short for choice.

When are you off? We are there from Saturday!

Thanks for the info.
    Miller Lite in the can at all bars and available on request for the in-room mini-bar. Red Stripe and RS Light on draft at all bars, except the Piano Bar. Piano Bar has Red Stripe, Guiness, and Heineken in the bottle, but they pour into a glass. Carib in the in-room minibar. No AB products at Couples Resorts.

Red Stripe, Miller Lite and I think the Piano Bar has Heinekin. No A/B products that I know of anywhere close.

Red Stripe, Red Stripe Light, Miller Lite, and Heineken. I know CSA has Guiness too (at the sports complex bar), but don't know if CN does.

We were there in July and they had Miller Lite

In the rooms they stock Carib if you ask for it, which is a knock off Miller Lite, I think. Red Stripe and Red Stripe Light on tap at the bars. Being a Bud Light drinker myself, I took tot he taste of Red Stripe very easily. So much so that I buy the occassional six pack at home to wet my whistle with a taste of Jamaica!

We stayed at CSA last year and there were no A/B products, but the Red Stripe is DELICIOUS! Light too..

We have been to CN 4 times and I work for AB. It is Red Stripe or Miller Lite for the domestic choice. A couple of repeater dinners ago I asked why you don't have the number one selling Light beer in the world at a world class resort??? Cost was the factor, LITE little cheaper and helps them hit their "per guest" target was what I was told by the bar manager at my table. I just adapt to all of the umbrella drinks!!! Have a great time and don't let it bother you mon!!

Default Go Jamaican

Red Stripe (Jamaican beer) is the main beer at CN. There are probably others, but I like to try something different while in Jamaica...and the Red Stripe is really good. Hope you enjoy your vacation in paradise.

Don't know about Bud Light, but they did have Miller Lite in December

I have nothing to add to the selection portion of this post. Everyone has got it right. We took to Red Stripe and RS Light just fine. Its what you do while in Jamaica. And trust me (and the others), there is certainly something different about the "flavors' of ALL drinks in Jamaica. It may be that you just really dont care. Or that they just may be really good! Everything is "alright MON"! No worries! Enjoy your trip... The brand of beer they serve will be at the bottom of your list.

Cool-I'm a Miller Fan; sorry Bud drinkers

Try the Red Stripe lite, it's a different taste on the island vs. back home. I was once told by a RS rep that they don't process the local market beer as much as the exports, so don't base any conclusions on how it tastes in the US. I personally don't like the RS I can get here, but love it in Jamaica. No worries, if he doesn't like it, there are plenty of rum drinks available ;-)

Default RS!

I agree with some of the others - go with the Red Stripe. Then, when you get back home you can take yourself back instantly with a $7 six pack of RS.

For those of us that consider a 7% abv beer to be light, blended drinks are the way to go. I can drink delicious double ipa's at home, so I drink lychee mojotos and Campari at couples. Ah, if this is compromise, I'm all for it!

Red Stripe on tap would defo taste better in Jamaica than any of the bottled stuff they export, give it a try. I respect the tastes of beer lovers everywhere however our Canadian beer is world renowned and I think the best beer is Presidente from the DR, any of that in Jamaica yet? It's popular in Turks and Caicos.

Thurston,
    Good call on the Presidente, it is quite good but I doubt you will EVER see it in Jamaica Mon!

Seriously? Miller, Bud?

You can do better than that.

Coming to you from Asheville, NC...Beer City, USA.

Ugh, Mich Ultra anyone? It is my go to beer.

I haven't drank bud or miller since I was in high school and didn't know no better ; )

Brit