Thread: CSA shops

Default CSA shops

Can anyone tell me if there are souviener shops or such at CSA? And what would we find in them and are how are the prices? Where would we buy t-shirts or dresses?Is there earrings at all?

CSA does have shops! As far as resort prices go, it wasn't awful. But they are indeed resort prices. I bought a CSA beach bag for $25. I saw all sorts of couples apparel there! The shop is in the upstairs of the great
    house. HAVE FUN ON YOUR TRIP!! Only 93 days left until I return!!!

There are 3 shops at CSA - one in the Main Lobby (very small, but they do have some souvenirs) and two in the old lobby. One of them is all souvenirs the other is a Couples logo merchandise shop. All three let you charge it to your room, pay cash, or credit card.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Yes, there are a few shops at SweptAway. Go to the GreatHouse Complex where you will find a logo shop and a well stocked gift shop with plenty of t-shirts, clothing, hats, jewelry, cigars, cd's, trinkets, bags, etc., etc., etc. You can also walk to the beach and turn left... once off property, you can find plenty of shops all along 7-mile beach that might pique your curiosity.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We are going to be going to CSA for the first time (well for that matter going to Jamaica for the first time) and are also interested in the gift shops at CSA--is there liquor? Also anything that would be good to take home to kids? I realize that it might be cheaper at the airport for these things but we will have a rather large resort credit to use so not too worried about the cost. We were just hoping to bring back our duty free limit on liquor and perhaps a few other things that will remind us of our trip and a few things for the kiddos back home

Quote Originally Posted by traveler99 View Post
    We are going to be going to CSA for the first time (well for that matter going to Jamaica for the first time) and are also interested in the gift shops at CSA--is there liquor? Also anything that would be good to take home to kids? I realize that it might be cheaper at the airport for these things but we will have a rather large resort credit to use so not too worried about the cost. We were just hoping to bring back our duty free limit on liquor and perhaps a few other things that will remind us of our trip and a few things for the kiddos back home
    FWIW, the last time we were in JA, Jan 2011, the duty free liquor prices were so bad that we didn't bring anything back. I pretty much always bring something back but I won't hassle with it for a 2 or 3 dollar a bottle savings.

I bought my most favorite pair of leather thong flip flops (kind of dressy, believe it or not) at the CSA gift shop for $16 US. I thought it was quite the bargain and wore them the whole summer after we returned to reality. Oh, we also bought some Swimmer's ear stuff and it was reasonable too.

Our experience was pretty good in that regard but if you are looking for more interesting items you should take a walk "off campus" and haggle with the vendors that set up along the beach. All are very respectful. I found a wood carved giraffe that I just HAD to have and only had part of the money we agreed upon so the guy agreed to have us bring back the rest the next day. I know he probably thought we would skip out on it, but my sweet husband hiked about 30 minutes to take the extra $8 to him (and then got caught in an afternoon rain) but it was only right and he was happy to do it. You will have a blast no matter what you do there. CSA is as wonderful as you have heard. We are returning for our 2nd trip in May and the countdown is ON!!!!

Traveler99, yes in the Dis and Dat gift shop in the lobby area where you check in they have rum and rum cream which we buy because you can't get it in the states. Sangsters rocks! The gift shop in the greathouse has rum cream too I think. We had a large amount of resort credits to spend also so we stocked up.