Thread: CTI or CSS?

Default CTI or CSS?

Missus and I are rather laid back, in our early 30's. I'm ok with AN, she's not. Which resort is best? If I can convince her to go to SSB or TI, will we be left alone? I've heard bad things about the "Islanders"? Which is better for swimming, sunning and relaxing?

Not sure what bad things you've heard about the "islanders" but every time I've been on the island things were just fine. No one was doing anything "bad". Unless sitting around naked, drinking and talking is bad. If so then you'd probably better avoid both places. Because that's all that goes on at either place. You'll be left alone if you choose to be. No one approaches you unless to say hello, there is no initiation, no hazing, no pointing and laughing, no wild drunken orgies, no...nothing except people enjoying the warm sunshine, a drink, and a few laughs.

Both the island and CSS have places where you can go off to be sort of secluded from the other guests if you are new or uncomfortable or just don't want to socialize right off the bat. But sooner or later you'll get thirsty and need to make a trip to the bar, where you will meet nice, friendly people who are harmless, not "bad".

Go either place, relax and enjoy!

I don't know what you have heard about "islanders", but like anything blah, blah, blah. If you decide on CTI, when you get to the island, go to the right of the tower. It's more quiet there. The swim up bar is to the left of the tower. This is more social but not in "that" way. Couples just sit around chatting and having drinks. We have been to CTI and CSS and our preference is CTI.
    Vicky

Hi Newbie34

We have been CTI and CSS since 2004 and have met alot of the "Islanders" who are very fun people. Never have we experienced a problem other than laughing so hard your jaws hurt by the end of the day from having so much fun and conversation. You meet the nicest and friendliest people there (our list of friends from the first time has grown to 7 pages long).

CTI you need to take a small boat a short distance, has swimup bar and very little beach. CSS you walk to and also has a swimup pool (much larger pool) and a beach but you will probably stay at the pool - more fun. No one cares what you look like and you will see all types and shapes, ages, etc. But the main thing is having fun.

Everyone that we have talked into going loved it and the onlycomplaint we ever heard was "Why did we wait until the last day?

Please try it!

Paul and Debbie (57 & 56 years young)

P.S.
    Oh, by the way, if you wish to be left alone, your wishes will be honored. But I have a feeling you would want to join the fun and conversation because we have always had a wonderful time and have made new friendships every year and return with prior ones!

Jen and I have now been to both CSS & CTI, and both locations have been absolutely amazing, but for different reasons.

I would say if you want to swim, sun, and relax, you may be better off at CSS, simply because the pool is bigger, and there is plenty of room to swim in the Ocean if thatís your fancy. The pool on the Island at CTI is more of a plunge pool, and although you can swim off the Island, there isnít a lot of space for it like there is at CTI.

Last year, we went to CSS and experienced Au Naturel for the first time. We weren't really ready to socialize in the buff, being first timers, so we stayed to the right hand side of the beach, away from the pool and the bar area. We didn't talk to anyone other then to say a polite hello when we were up getting drinks or using the bathroom. Yes, you could say that we were being anti-social, but that's what we were comfortable with at the time. As I said, we weren't ready to start up a conversation with anyone, so we sat in our chairs, enjoyed the sun and the sand, reading our books and enjoying each others company. No one from the pool area came over to strike up a conversation with us, we were left alone. When we went up to the bar to get drinks, people said hi and what not, but we didnít engage any further then that.

We just returned from a fantastic trip to CTI, where we spent every day out on the Island. This year, for no particular reason, we spent all of our time hanging around the pool area, socializing and having a great time with everyone. We met lots of fantastic people including Crabracer and Momma Syl, who are both fantastic people by the way, and several others Islanders. Although we had the choice to head to the right and be all by ourselves, we ended up around the pool the first day. We enjoyed the company so much that we wanted to be there every day, hanging out with our new friends. It was an entirely different experience then last year at CSS, and Iím having a REALLY tough time deciding which one I liked more. I think that both will have a special place in our hearts!

Anyways, the key point here is that if you want to be left alone, rest assured that you will be! At both CSS and CTI, if you head to the right, that is the understood sign that you want to hang out with your significant other, and no one else. No one will think less of you, and everyone will leave you guys alone to be with each other. When you come up to the bar, you will likely get a nice hello from the people hanging out there, but your level of participation in any conversations that are going on are completely up to you. So if you would rather grab your drinks and head back to your chairs, thatís entirely ok!

They say ďRespect, MonĒ a lot in Jamaica, and this is just another example of it. People WILL respect your desire not to socialize, and to just be with each other.

You WILL meet some amazing people if you do decide to hang out by the pool though. Be warned, you will make friends, and you will have a good time!

So go, enjoy. Your vacation is about no one else but the two of you!

Go early, both in the day and on your trip. If you go early, you will likely be the only ones on the island or at SSB and you can settle in and relax. As others have advised, if you go to CTI, go to the right of the tower. No one will bother you there, and you pretty much can't see what's going on at the pool. At most, 4 or 5 couples will be in your view, and thats at the height of the day. At CSS, also go right out to the beach, or stay on the shallow side of the pool. Same thing - no one should bother you and if you are super nervous about being seen, you can go far enough away at SSB so details can't be seen.

No offense to any group calling themselves the "Islanders", but I was under the impression that they were the ones responsible for the flag raising and rude behavior at the island. My apologies.

Which resort is nicer? I've heard that CTI was renovated, the rooms look great, and from all the reviews, it seems that CTI is a little better on service and hospitality.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie34 View Post
    Which resort is nicer? I've heard that CTI was renovated, the rooms look great, and from all the reviews, it seems that CTI is a little better on service and hospitality.
    We have been to each resort and they are unique and beautiful in their own way. CSS has more property and stairs to climb in some locations and you walk to SSB. CTI is smaller and TI you take a small boat ride. Love them both but partial to CTI - first time for our honeymoon in 1980.

No matter which one you choose, you will not be disappointed. Our home away from home.

The rooms were all updated at CTI a couple of years ago and as of August, all rooms have a mini bar and CTI has full room service from 7 am-11pm (approx). Our experience is that CTI is more friendly and social, although you can chose just to be with your SO and no one will bother you. My guess would be that it's because CSS is more spread out and CTI is more compact. Whichever you chose, go with what is important to you. If you keep reading reviews and looking at pictures, you will find you keep looking for more information on resort more than the other and that is the resort that is "calling" to you.
    Vicky

Default from couple that is not vet sociale.

from a couple that was uncomfortable socializing while in the buff, we were at css last feb and will be back in January. You do not have to socialize if you don't want to which we didn't. I was a little more willing then the wife. We sat on our lounge chairs, "made the walk to the bar to get drinks and lunch" and read all day. We did not get bothered. We felt weird and probably still will in a few weeks walking past people in the buff. Maybe on day we will feel more willing to socialize.

It could not have been more comfortable, if you want to socialize you can, if your like us you don't have to. I don't know how cti is, we had such a great time at css I cant picture being anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by karlkathy View Post
    from a couple that was uncomfortable socializing while in the buff, we were at css last feb and will be back in January. You do not have to socialize if you don't want to which we didn't. I was a little more willing then the wife. We sat on our lounge chairs, "made the walk to the bar to get drinks and lunch" and read all day. We did not get bothered. We felt weird and probably still will in a few weeks walking past people in the buff. Maybe on day we will feel more willing to socialize.

It could not have been more comfortable, if you want to socialize you can, if your like us you don't have to. I don't know how cti is, we had such a great time at css I cant picture being anywhere else.
    As you spend more time in nude or clothing optional environments and get more comfortable in them, socializing gets much easier as your comfort level increases.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie34 View Post
    No offense to any group calling themselves the "Islanders", but I was under the impression that they were the ones responsible for the flag raising and rude behavior at the island. My apologies.
    The particular people to whom you are referring are no longer going to CTI. Management dealt with that "problem". Those of us who do identify ourselves as Islanders, like crabracers, or ourselves, are much much more interested in Everyone having a good time, not making Anyone feel uncomfortable and in general enjoying what we refer to as adult summer camp. All the joy happiness laughter from summer camp but in a sophisticated, adult way. The best friends we have ever made are fellow "campers" out on the Island. It is a fantastic Zen experience on the Island that we extoll to anyone willing to try it. It was our first experience with AN too back in 2006 on our first trip to COR (now CTI).