Default Conditioner and Couples lounge at airport

We will be first timers and have questions for recent CSA guests. Is there conditioner in the bathroom along with the shampoo? Not just the conditioning shampoo, but a separate bottle? Hubby and I will be there a week from TODAY! It's all we talk about, we're soooo excited. Also, is the Couples lounge at the airport easy to find? Will we really need bug spray? Those ziplock bags fill up so quickly with cosmetics, I'm trying to weed out unnecessary items since we jam all our belongings in carryons. Is there a gift shop on site to buy sunscreen? I know it will be $$, but worth it to us not to hassle with checked bags. Ok I'm rambling......so anxious for Jamaica!! Thanks Friends.

Yes, there is conditioner and shampoo in separate bottles mounted on the wall of the shower.
    After you clear Customs you go out a double door - there's only one and everyone will going that way - after you go out the door make a left and you will see the Couples lounge directly in front of you.
    The sand fleas on the beach only are a problem at dawn and dusk, other than that the bugs are not a problem. If they become one to you, the two gift shops sell bug spray.
    You can buy sun screen in the gift shops, as well.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Bring your own hair care products. They offer a shampoo/conditioner that smells great but..... we brought bug spray with us, use a little on our ankles as we wacthed the sun set.

Hi! You will LOVE CSA! I love, love, love the smell of the conditioning shampoo, lotion and bath gel but you definitely want to bring a bottle of conditioner. I've only used bug spray once and that was at night if we went on the sand - otherwise, no problems. I am almost 100% positive you can buy sunscreen at the shops. Have a GREAT time - we are returning in May.

We haven't been to CSA, but we also do only carry-on luggage and fill travel size bottles with sunscreen for our first day. The gift shop at Sans Souci had plenty of sunscreens to choose from and the same prices we find at home. I'm sure the gift shop at CSA is the same. I didn't look for bug spray but I'd bet they have it. The Couples Lounge at the airport is easy to find. Follow the crowd through customs and you will see it. It will beam at you like an oasis in the desert! Pack your shorts last so that they are on top of your luggage. That way, it's easy to change in the Couples restroom. Enjoy a red stripe or water while you wait for the other passengers with their checked luggage! Enjoy your trip. I guarantee it will not be your last!

Quote Originally Posted by beachluvrs View Post
    We will be first timers and have questions for recent CSA guests. Is there conditioner in the bathroom along with the shampoo? Not just the conditioning shampoo, but a separate bottle? Hubby and I will be there a week from TODAY! It's all we talk about, we're soooo excited. Also, is the Couples lounge at the airport easy to find? Will we really need bug spray? Those ziplock bags fill up so quickly with cosmetics, I'm trying to weed out unnecessary items since we jam all our belongings in carryons. Is there a gift shop on site to buy sunscreen? I know it will be $$, but worth it to us not to hassle with checked bags. Ok I'm rambling......so anxious for Jamaica!! Thanks Friends.
    Hi Beachluvrs!

I have only been to CTI and CSS, but think I can still answer some of your questions.

About the Conditioner... Take your own! If what is at CSA is like what is at CTI & CSS, it's not a good conditining shampoo.

About the Couples Lounge... you won't have any trouble finding it. It is in an area where the other resorts also have their lounges. They will direct you after you leave customs.

About the Bug Spray... I DID need it at CSS on the beach at night ~ one of their restaurants is on the beach and the sand fleas made a dinner out of ME! However, at CTI I didn't need it at all. So... I would take it just in case. Off makes a small size (size of a magic marker) you can get a couple and take them just in case.

About the Sunscreen... I purchaed a can of spray on. You're right, it wasn't cheap! I think it was around $15. It's worth taking a couple of bottles and/or cans with you. We went through 3 before the end of our week there.

I hope my tidbits of info. helped! Have a wonderful time in Jamaica!!! ~ Lori

The Couples Lounge is easy to find. They have restrooms right in the lounge so I always change my clothes as soon as we have checked in. Next order of business is a Red Stripe or 2 at the bar (also right in the lounge) They have bottled water as well. We have never had to wait more than a few minutes for the shuttle to CSA. I buy my conditioner and sunscreen at the gift shop upon arrival. I do use the shampoo in the room. It is a littele pricey but not outrageously so. We will be at CSA 2/-10-2/19 for our fifth year in a row. I hope you love it as much as we do.

Maine Girl

Two bottles of sunscreen = 1 checked bag.

The Couples Lounge is very easy to find. It is with the other resorts lounges. No, there is not conditioner. There is only the combo which really doesn't work for me. We never bring bug spray, mainly because we don't go on the beach when it is dark. That being said, the people we were with that did go on the beach at night did get bitten. The suntan lotion we use is about $16 there. There are other kinds that may be cheaper. The Dia and Dat shop has a lot of the things you may need, so you won't have to pack them. FYI, we have been to CSA six times and just found out they serve fantastic sangria at lunch at patois. Also at the grill at night the menu changes and we were hooked on the hand made fried calamari and conch fritters lol. We never thought to go to the grill at night for a late night snack. You will have a great time , enjoy!!!

We have been to CN 3 times, and do not check any luggage either, so I know what you mean about the zip locks filling up fast. There is no separate conditioner in the rooms. I have never brought bug spray and never needed any. We buy sunscreen and lotion (there is lotion in room but I do not like it) when we get there. The only thing that goes in our zip locks are my hair products including conditioner, perfume, and a small can of shaving cream. It is expensive but I refuse to check luggage on the way to Jamaica. The couples lounge is well marked and very easy to find. Have fun!

No conditioner....bring your own....

We've bought sunscreen at the resort. Pretty expensive, but good selection. You may want to consider buying 1 tube at the resort and then taking the shopping trip into town - I'd imagine it could be cheaper there....We've never managed to do that, though, as the sand gravity hits and we can barely move from the beach!!

Hi beachluvrs,
    You are going to LOVE CSA. It is one of our favorite. We have been to all four of the Couples resorts and there are several differences in things like shampoo so not 100% sure (plus things change), but believe it is conditioning shampoo vs separate. Yes, they have a wide selection of things like sunscreen, shampoo, etc and yes it is a little pricey (but may be less than a checked bag fee). Also, I know when we leave and for any bottles of sunscreen 1/2 full or less, we give/leave for others -- and many others do the same thing. Congratulations on being able/skilled to go with just carry-on's. However, if you are planning on bring anything back, you may need to have a fold-away bag (that may have to be checked on return).

Yes, all of the resort lounges are located as you go through immigration and into the baggage pick-up area. No worries...

The shampoo/conditioner isn't great but . . . it's only one week. Your hair won't "die." If you check a bag, bring your own. We only do a carry-on and do fine with what Couples provides. If you're going for a week or less, you could bring your own, even in a carry-on.

We have NEVER brought or bought or used bug spray -- and I'm very sensitive to bugs. It may depend on how much time you spend outdoors and at what time. If you're sensitive, consider where and when you're outdoors, just as you would wherever you live. And consider bringing or buying hydrocortisone.

Bottom line . . . don't let these issues "spoil" your vacation. Your hair will be fine and you won't be bitten alive. We've been to CN 7 times -- trust me on this!

Have not been to CSA yet (counting down!) but for previous Caribbean trips have used hotel's shampoo and taken my own deep conditioner. Suggest taking sachets if you can find them as they pack "flatter" (Aussie brand in a pinch for me). Alternately, a good leave-in conditioner may help protect your hair from the sun a bit more.