We all know that all the staff members we meet at the resorts, help to make every trip such a pleasure. Some of them, we see all the time. Like Pricilla, Adrian, Nicholette Tamara every morning at breakfast. Damion, Ricardo, Kimoni and all the guys that keep the booze flowing and serve it up with a smile. The guys on the beach, in the dive shop, the gift store, and everywhere else that laugh with us, joke with us, and are always ready to take care of even the tiniest situation. We all know that there are "no problems" in Jamaica, only situations.
But there are many many other men and women that work behind the scenes cooking our food, cleaning our rooms, keeping the grounds looking great, and more, that we never get to see. They too are the heart and sole of Couples. And far to often, we don't get a chance to thank them for all of their efforts.

There are also tireless workers in the home office in Florida that help with booking our trips, taking care of the mountains of paper work that is required to run this spectacular organization. One of these individuals is Ivonna Szelerska. One of her responsibilities is to keep tabs on this MB. Certainly, Randy Russel does an outstanding job of monitoring our daily gab fest here on the board. But Ivonna also keeps her eye on the daily messages we so much enjoy reading.

A number of years ago, at the old COR, I noticed a woman eating breakfast every monring, sitting alone. I knew of Ivonna, but had never met her. So one morning I went over to her and introduced myself. We spoke for a while and it was a pleasure to be able to put a face together with her name. And she also enjoyed meeting me because she had read so many of the posts of "crabracer" that she too now had a face to go along with the name.

For the past two or three days, I had been having a problem logging on the MB. I don't know what caused it, but I do know that it felt very empty to only be able to read the board, but not respond. My daily dose of all things Couples was missing something.

I began sending e-mails to the office hoping for a quick resolution to my dellema. Ivonna handled the situation with typical Couples clarity. It should have been a no brainer to reset my password, but it turned out to be just a bit more difficult. Fianally, today, my password was reset and I was able to get back to being a part of the warm wonderful family we have come to know as Couples.

It's just one more reason why Couples has the reputation that it does. No situation is to large or to small for the right person to make it right. Remember, there are "no problems" in Jamaica, only situations. And Ivonna handled this one with the outstandding Couples courtesy.

Thanks Ivonna. I hope to see you someday at CTI. And next January or Febuary when Syl go down to visit her favorite aunt in Florida, I plan on getting over to the new office and getting a hug and a smile from Ivonna. Randy too if he is there.

What shsould have been a simple thing to rectify, took more time than either one of us thought it should. Cudos to you. And to each and every person in the Couples family, from wait staff, beach guys, dive shop, maintenence, housekeeping, grounds keepers and of course the bright smiling faces of Captain Kirk and his team.

Thanks for all you do.
Richie