Default Difference in tide levels

Something that I've not seen elsewhere - what's the difference in water levels between high and low tides in Negril?

It doesn't look to be too great, based upon the pictures I've seen, but was wondering if times of the tides were something one needed to worry about there.

I never really noticed much of a difference in high and low tide in Negril.

I think I read somewhere once that the closer to the equator you are, the less of a tidal change you will see. I think parts of Alaska have tide changes that can be measured in miles during certain times of the year.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

On long bay and bloody bay you won't notice much difference. You may want to inquire about tides if you plan on swimming snorkling diving along the west end /cliffs

Unless there is rough weather stirring things up you won't even hardly notice the tide change in Negril.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Never noticed any major tidal changes in Negril or Ocho Rios, in fact I kind of wondered why myself.

I was surprised the difference between high tide and low tide was about 6". It made running on the beach a no-brainer. Here in Florida we lose half the beach during high tide.

We've been to CSA and CSS and never even noticed a difference between high and low tide. It's amazing, because we were in the Florida Keys last year, and the low tide was so low that it kind of smelled bad along the beach (all of the muck was exposed). No problems like that at CSA that I've ever noticed on four trips.

Default Tides

Something I noticed and found quite interesting...there is very little difference between High and Low tide on Bloody Bay. You'll be hard pressed to tell the difference.