Default Couples Negril - Construction Next Door

Hello all,

My wife and I honeymooned at Couples Sans Souci back in 2010 and had a really good time - I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. We have just booked a trip for early May at Couples Negril.

My concern is - how much does the construction next door affect the experience? We plan on enjoying the nude beach, and I want my wife to be comfortable. (She reluctantly went nude for the first time at CSS and ended up really enjoying it - we have since been to several other clothing optional or nude beaches).

Would appreciate hearing about any recent experiences at Couples Negril nude beach, positive or negative.

Thanks!!!!

Our trip was about 4 months ago but there was no impact from the construction next door on the AN beach. The were constructing the buildings that would be closest to building 9 and we could hardly tell they were there.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016
    CSS 2014, 2016

Default Just returned from Negril

The noise is not as bad as I anticipated. Although there was an hour here and there with hammering and other construction noise it was actually less bothersome than when the resort was there and played loud music all day. Plus you have fewer walkers/vendors than in years past.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stimer View Post
    Hello all,

My wife and I honeymooned at Couples Sans Souci back in 2010 and had a really good time - I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. We have just booked a trip for early May at Couples Negril.

My concern is - how much does the construction next door affect the experience? We plan on enjoying the nude beach, and I want my wife to be comfortable. (She reluctantly went nude for the first time at CSS and ended up really enjoying it - we have since been to several other clothing optional or nude beaches).

Would appreciate hearing about any recent experiences at Couples Negril nude beach, positive or negative.

Thanks!!!!
    GoBroncos

1stimer ,
    We will be there in May also 10-22.
    last year

My wife and I were there a few weeks ago, and while there was a little construction noise from time to time it was not nearly as bad as I had feared and it really had no impact on our enjoyment of the a/n beach area. A lot of the construction has progressed in the direction away from CN, with the closest building to CN already under roof. The folks at Point Village are getting the brunt of the impact I fear. When the Royalton Monstrosity is finished the units at Point Village that used to have windows looking on to Bloody Bay will now have only a view of the tall buildings at Royalton... and very close to them.
    The real impact of the Royalton will be felt at CN when they sell those rooms because it will have a profound impact on how crowded the small beach next to CN will be and it will dramatically increase foot traffic in front of CN. For now, not a big deal though. We enjoyed every minute!
    Roy

1stimer,

Last June when we were there the resort was being torn down. The noise was not that bad and had no effect on our vacation. Hopefully it will be the same next week( no impact). Cant wait to get there( 7 days to go) and enjoy the natural beach

We took a day pass to CN from CSA in late February. We were only there for about 6 hours. We heard a little construction noise but not enough to be annoying. More noise coming from the bay area with the speed boats pulling the floats and parasails. They would come very close to the resort. I think mostly to give their passengers a peek at the nude beach. This was constant, every few minutes. This boat noise was much more annoying than the construction noise.

We tried the nude beach and did not like it. It is directly next to the textile beach. For the most part you are OK if you stay on the nude beach as there is some vegetation to give you some cover. But you are completely exposed to the public if you decide to go out into the water. This made us feel uncomfortable. There was also some foot traffic on the beach with a few gawkers. The Royalton Negril resort next to the nude beach is going to be a huge resort. Expect a lot more foot traffic on the nude beach once this resort opens this fall. We would not feel comfortable with so many people walking the nude beach.

In Jamaica the area adjacent to the water on any beach is considered public property. There is absolutely nothing Couples can do to stop these outsiders from walking along the nude beach. The only thing they can do is to shoo them away if they stop or stop them if they try to take pictures.

Enjoy your stay in paradise.
    Jack and Kathy

CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016
    CTI 2012, 2014
    ??? 2018

Thanks for the replies. The privacy of CSS was nice but the beach at CN looks amazing, and we wanted to try a different location. We've been to public C/O beaches (Lighthouse Beach on Long Island NY (no longer C/O) and Haulover in Miami) so we are kinda prepared for some clothed gawkers. Can you get some relative privacy if you lay out a bit away from the water?

Default Plenty of privacy

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimer View Post
    Thanks for the replies. The privacy of CSS was nice but the beach at CN looks amazing, and we wanted to try a different location. We've been to public C/O beaches (Lighthouse Beach on Long Island NY (no longer C/O) and Haulover in Miami) so we are kinda prepared for some clothed gawkers. Can you get some relative privacy if you lay out a bit away from the water?
    there is plenty of privacy if you just move back away from the water. In 9 visits to CN privacy at the A/N beach has been a non-issue.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"