Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1

    Default Css nude beach hours

    Question #1
    Can anyone tell me if the all-natural beach goers can remain nude after 5:00pm when the clothed guests are allowed to visit?

    Question #2
    How long can all-natural beach goers remain at the nude beach/pool ?

  2. #2

    Default

    Yes, you can stay naked after 5pm. No one really asks you to leave but the bar closes at around 6 or 6:30pm depending on the time of year. We've stayed as late as 7:30 and then left to get ready for dinner.

  3. #3

    Default

    As Suzy said, you can stay nude even after the beach opens up for the textile guests to enjoy the sunset. Regarding how long you can stay, we have been over at SSB until well after midnight.

  4. #4

    Default

    Here is our experience: We stayed at both CTI and CSS last summer.

    The CTI AN island closes at 5:00 and they shut down the bar and tell everyone to leave. It's funny because many of the grown adults (including my lovely wife and I) pitch a fit when told we have to put our clothes on and leave. It's not fair! We want to stay! Lots of whining and complaining from all the patrons who had been hanging around the pool bar all afternoon (admittedly, partying naked all day leads to irrational behavior). But in hind sight, we learned that a 5:00 curfew is actually a GOOD thing. If they didn't shut down the bar and make us leave, I don't think that we would ever make a single dinner reservation on time. You need a little time to clean up, dress up, sober up, and get to dinner.

    Sans Souci is a little different. The SSB bar closed at 5:00 or 5:30 but you are not required to leave and can stay AN if you want. But with the bar closed, the music turned off, the sun setting, the crowd thinning out, and textiles wandering over, you realize this is a good time to pack up and get ready for dinner. You won't hear any whining like when the CTI boat captain says "5 minute warning. Last trip from the island", but the result is the same... It's time to head back to your room to clean up and dress up for dinner. As far as going back to SSB after dinner for a late night skinny dip... I truly like the concept but in reality we were too tired. Drinking and being in the sun all day, followed by a 5-course meal and the evening entertainment, is about all we can take.

    PS: Regarding the textiles at SSB, it was out experience that the small handful of folks that came over were very respectful. They come over to look at the sunset and did not look over at the AN pool at all. I did not notice any "gawking". But then again, I really wasn't paying much attention.
    One Love Mon,
    Jim & Michelle

    CTI & CSS 2014 split
    CTI & CSS 2015 split

  5. #5

    Default

    at SSB, the beach opens to all at 5pm, the bar usually doesn't close until 5:30 or so. On more than one occasion during our weeks stay, three or four actually, clothed men & women came over to the bar and ordered drinks, while AN people were still in the pool or at the bar.

  6. #6

    Default

    We've had textiles come over and actually end up in the pool with us - after a little coaxing and encouragement! And they came back the next day!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    We've had textiles come over and actually end up in the pool with us - after a little coaxing and encouragement! And they came back the next day!
    That's the way to do it! Let's convert them all, I say!


  8. #8

    Default

    We were those converts! We were there over New Years and came over as a "textiles" for the sunset. I decided to go for a swim in ocean, got sand inside swimsuit, and off it came. Went to shower off, then jumped in pool. Hubby surprised me the next day by suggesting going for a walk, then walked me over to SSB! He wanted to know why we waited 4 years to try!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanbound View Post
    We were those converts! We were there over New Years and came over as a "textiles" for the sunset. I decided to go for a swim in ocean, got sand inside swimsuit, and off it came. Went to shower off, then jumped in pool. Hubby surprised me the next day by suggesting going for a walk, then walked me over to SSB! He wanted to know why we waited 4 years to try!
    Love this. You should post in the http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...-Your-vacation thread. So totally true. Once you go, you will know. Welcome to Au Natural.

    Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016
    CSS 2014, 2016

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanbound View Post
    We were those converts! We were there over New Years and came over as a "textiles" for the sunset. I decided to go for a swim in ocean, got sand inside swimsuit, and off it came. Went to shower off, then jumped in pool. Hubby surprised me the next day by suggesting going for a walk, then walked me over to SSB! He wanted to know why we waited 4 years to try!
    Love it!!!!

  11. #11

    Default

    Dadofsprout5 - See you at SSB in in 241 days!

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanbound View Post
    Dadofsprout5 - See you at SSB in in 241 days!
    Excellent!!! Can miss us, I'll be with the gorgeous wife, I'll have RayBans, a Molon Labe hat and a Vodka tonic!

    Joe

  13. #13

    Default

    My wife and I will be visiting in May, and while she is willing to give AN a try I'm worried that if she just can't get comfortable being naked then we wouldn't be able to spend time in the nude areas. But, if it's the case that SSB is CO after 5:00, then at least we could be there together, me nude and her clothed (or suited). Also, I think if we met some folks in that type of situation it might help her to understand what AN is about and become more comfortable with it.

    I understand the "no singles" philosophy, and wouldn't want to break any rules or make anyone uncomfortable. But if it's CO, it's CO, right?

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
    My wife and I will be visiting in May, and while she is willing to give AN a try I'm worried that if she just can't get comfortable being naked then we wouldn't be able to spend time in the nude areas. But, if it's the case that SSB is CO after 5:00, then at least we could be there together, me nude and her clothed (or suited). Also, I think if we met some folks in that type of situation it might help her to understand what AN is about and become more comfortable with it.

    I understand the "no singles" philosophy, and wouldn't want to break any rules or make anyone uncomfortable. But if it's CO, it's CO, right?
    my understanding is after 5 (or 6 based on time of year?) that would be perfectly fine and no one should have a problem with it. at that point you both would be with in the rules set by resort management so i cant imagine anyone saying anything

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
    My wife and I will be visiting in May, and while she is willing to give AN a try I'm worried that if she just can't get comfortable being naked then we wouldn't be able to spend time in the nude areas. But, if it's the case that SSB is CO after 5:00, then at least we could be there together, me nude and her clothed (or suited). Also, I think if we met some folks in that type of situation it might help her to understand what AN is about and become more comfortable with it.

    I understand the "no singles" philosophy, and wouldn't want to break any rules or make anyone uncomfortable. But if it's CO, it's CO, right?
    it's not CO, it's AN...no clothes. After 5 'open to all' is for the viewing of the sunset; people do not jump up and get dressed because it's after 5 and it does not become CO. Have her sit down and read a couple of hundred of these comments.. http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...-Your-vacation. No one cares what you or she looks like.

    If you as a couple want to try AN, great; head to the right side of the beach and ease into it. Or walk up to the pool, drop trou and jump in, either way, whatever is comfortable for you. If after trying this and reading the above link, she decides no, so be it.

  16. #16

    Default

    Actually after 5PM it is technically CO as some will still be nude and others will be clothed - even if they are there only to view the sunset. If no one came to see the sunset but someone who had been nude all day chose to put clothes (after 5PM) on there is nothing anyone could do to stop them.

  17. #17

    Default

    Agree michaelg. Rules seem clear, AN 9-5:30 and open to non-AN at 6:00. Doesn't suggest that AN guest have to put their suits on. Only way I can interpret this is CO at 6:00.
    Saying that I am disappointed with some of the threads I'm reading that the AN rules during the day are not being strictly enforced. I can say that if this drifts to being un-in-forced during the day my wife will probably stop coming to SSB.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post
    Agree michaelg. Rules seem clear, AN 9-5:30 and open to non-AN at 6:00. Doesn't suggest that AN guest have to put their suits on. Only way I can interpret this is CO at 6:00.
    Saying that I am disappointed with some of the threads I'm reading that the AN rules during the day are not being strictly enforced. I can say that if this drifts to being un-in-forced during the day my wife will probably stop coming to SSB.
    i too have been reading several posts about the rules not being enforced and really hope this does not become the norm

  19. #19

    Default

    This question just keeps going and going. There are lots of views on facebook too! What is obvious is that the question could easily be cleared up by Couples management by simply posting a comment on this website that clarifies the situation. If so many people are asking the same question and so many repeaters are divided on whether one has to get dressed or not (when other guests come to SSB to watch the sunset) then why wont Couples management just make it perfectly clear. Michelle G.....what does CSS managment have to say about this? We all want a definitive answer please, to see if it matches with our 'definitive opinions'! This cannot be so hard just to clarify, surely?

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murtle View Post
    This question just keeps going and going. There are lots of views on facebook too! What is obvious is that the question could easily be cleared up by Couples management by simply posting a comment on this website that clarifies the situation. If so many people are asking the same question and so many repeaters are divided on whether one has to get dressed or not (when other guests come to SSB to watch the sunset) then why wont Couples management just make it perfectly clear. Michelle G.....what does CSS managment have to say about this? We all want a definitive answer please, to see if it matches with our 'definitive opinions'! This cannot be so hard just to clarify, surely?
    Sometimes no answer is the best answer. Sounds to me like it's a "Gray Area" situation. As of right now it could be viewed either way. As long as everyone gets along and there are no complaints it may just stay a gray area. Those who want to remain nude can those who want to watch the sunset clothed can. If a woman wants to try topless only she can. If they are forced to make a decision and define a clear cut rule then it would have to be enforced in that manner. Sounds to me like as long as no one is complaining and everyone is happy it should remain a gray area!!!

  21. #21

    Default

    You may be right Wallace. Whatever the response is (if management do respond at all) then people will, I suspect, still do as they wish. Sometimes these things should be left alone but this question seems to come up again and again on here and on facebook so I thought that the management should clarify.

  22. #22

    Default

    Agree with Wallace. if they put a policy in place, the policy needs to be enforced. Right now, people at SSB can stay nude and those coming over know they may be exposed to nudity. I know there are others who have many more days at SSB than we do, but we have never seen an issue with the Sunset crowd. They come over, they watch, they leave. As long as all guests are respectful, it should never be an issue.

    Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016
    CSS 2014, 2016

  23. #23

    Default

    Everyone that frequents SSB regularly appears to be of the opinion that it is CO after 5pm. If that's the case then why not have it confirmed by management so that there is never any nastiness when someone formally complains to management that they do not expect to see naked people when they visit after that time. We are very quick to defend the rules when someone visits SSB and wanders around with bikini bottoms on (recent comments on facebook suggest that this is a current problem and all are horrified that it is being allowed) as it is clearly stated that to stay on the beach you need to be nekkid. I cannot see what problem there would be in clarifying the rule; unless those shouting that it is CO are really only pushing for what they would like it to be as they can see that there is some ambiguity in the rules. I prefer to know that staying naked is fine as I also dont really want to get my clothes on at 5 pm. Jamaica is, as you point out, all about respect. It seems to be their mantra for life (a good mantra IMO!).

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murtle View Post
    Everyone that frequents SSB regularly appears to be of the opinion that it is CO after 5pm. If that's the case then why not have it confirmed by management so that there is never any nastiness when someone formally complains to management that they do not expect to see naked people when they visit after that time. We are very quick to defend the rules when someone visits SSB and wanders around with bikini bottoms on (recent comments on facebook suggest that this is a current problem and all are horrified that it is being allowed) as it is clearly stated that to stay on the beach you need to be nekkid. I cannot see what problem there would be in clarifying the rule; unless those shouting that it is CO are really only pushing for what they would like it to be as they can see that there is some ambiguity in the rules. I prefer to know that staying naked is fine as I also dont really want to get my clothes on at 5 pm. Jamaica is, as you point out, all about respect. It seems to be their mantra for life (a good mantra IMO!).
    Murtle,

    I'm not pushing for anything - just stating the obvious. After 5 pm people are allowed on Sunset Beach with clothes on to view the sunset. There is nothing that says how long they can stay or how quickly they must leave. They do not have to be naked - it is their option - hence, it is CO after 5pm. If someone wearing clothes comes to the pool after 5pm (or after the bar closes) no one makes them undress as they do during the day - most who are nude typically encourage them to join the au natural group but no one forces them too - again, thus making it CO. It's simply a function of the timing - no one (at least not me) is trying to change anything about SSB but if clothed people go to the SSB after 5 pm (or 6pm depending on the time of year) they can choose to watch the sunset with their clothes on - nothing any of us can do about that.

  25. #25

    Default

    Well, I contacted management at CSS and my query has received an answer as to what the 'rules' are for staying AN after 5.00/6.00 pm when others come to watch the sunset. In their email they were absolutely clear on the rule. Their response confirmed that they would post up here in the AN thread but so far (6 weeks later) they have not provided the 'rule' anywhere on here. I suspect that, given the strong views of repeaters here, they are loathed to publish as it may upset some staunch users of SSB. Probably so long as there are no formal complaints from sunset visitors they really don't want to rock the proverbial boat. In that case it appears that the rules will remain ambiguous, probably to the benefit of the growing crowds who use SSB. I am rather ambivalent about what the actual rule is so long as everyone is comfortable with it. Should we return to CSS/SSB then we shall do as others do and leave it at that.

    As you were ladies and gentlemen.
    Last edited by Murtle; April 27th, 2016 at 10:12 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •