Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rules question

Default How to police one vs many?

Quote Originally Posted by grayturtless View Post
    I have no problem with one male being there, but if there are a handful of just males, it would make me as a female uncomfortable. I don't think I would enjoy the experience as much, if half of the people at the AN area were males. A lot of the attraction for me, other than the obvious is to meet other couples and socialize with other couples. Where do you draw the line. If you change the rules, it may also cause conflist on couples themselves, and put pressure on a lot of females that just are not comfortable going AN. I do not think I would have been ready for a AN experience twenty years ago. This is just my opinion. It is a resort that caters to Couples.
    I believe 3 visits ago in May Husband and I were on the CN AN beach when a gentleman came around the fence. We noticed him because he asked us if anyone was using the lounger next to us. He only wanted the one and set himself up toward the front near the fence line. He stayed for a few hours and disappeared around lunch and didn't come back for the rest of the day. He didn't bother a sole.
    Now the very next day sometime after lunch the we were relaxing as we do when a group of about 6 to 8 guys came walking around the fence. The guy from the previous day was leading the way. They all stripped down as they walked toward the beach bar and proceeded to have a few drinks and just stood around as if talking about last nights game like friends do. They stayed there for about 45-min or so and never got loud or verbally bothered anyone but we did notice none of the regulars went up for drinks while they were there and the normal beach attendees vacated about 50%. One of the guys appeared to be about 16 and they all seemed to be teasing with him.
    We later found out they were all part of a wedding party that was to be on the beach prior to sunset. I guess the girls were all getting prepared and the guys were looking for a place to hang out.
    We have been to Negril 6 times and CSS once and this is the only occurance of such.

Randymon's posts on this subject seems to contradict each other a bit.

Randymon... how about some clarification please? There are no firm rules posted and the quotes we find on the subject seem to say differnet things.

Thanks! Obviously this is not clear and easy to find.
    Last edited by rhallva; January 23rd, 2012 at 11:02 AM.

CN AN "Rule Breakers"

October 13th, 2011 05:48 PM #16
    randymon

We believe that the nude areas of our resorts are social in nature and one should not be so strict that if, upon meeting both sides of the couple, one decides to have a spa treatment while the other lounges in the nude area.

That said, it would be unwanted for one member of a couple to be solo all the time or if the female only goes topless.

Again - this is a self policing area intended to be treated respectfully by all parties.
    So, I'd say that there is no strict "rule"; however, full-time solo activity is not encouraged. You want to sun in the AN area while your spouse does something else -that's OK. However, the idea seems to be that your first excursion to the AN side should be as a couple - less chance that one would be immediately misconstrued as some sort of perv. or gawker. Though the self-policing aspect does imply that the answer could change depending on who is at the beach (and is willing to complain).

"Now the very next day sometime after lunch the we were relaxing as we do when a group of about 6 to 8 guys came walking around the fence. The guy from the previous day was leading the way. They all stripped down as they walked toward the beach bar and proceeded to have a few drinks and just stood around as if talking about last nights game like friends do. They stayed there for about 45-min or so and never got loud or verbally bothered anyone but we did notice none of the regulars went up for drinks while they were there and the normal beach attendees vacated about 50%. One of the guys appeared to be about 16 and they all seemed to be teasing with him.
    We later found out they were all part of a wedding party that was to be on the beach prior to sunset. I guess the girls were all getting prepared and the guys were looking for a place to hang out.
    We have been to Negril 6 times and CSS once and this is the only occurance of such. "

This is exactly what |I would be afraid of. If this happened while I was there, I would have been very upset. I can't believe that they were not asked to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by foboz View Post
    CN AN "Rule Breakers"

October 13th, 2011 05:48 PM #16
    randymon

So, I'd say that there is no strict "rule"; however, full-time solo activity is not encouraged. You want to sun in the AN area while your spouse does something else -that's OK. However, the idea seems to be that your first excursion to the AN side should be as a couple - less chance that one would be immediately misconstrued as some sort of perv. or gawker. Though the self-policing aspect does imply that the answer could change depending on who is at the beach (and is willing to complain).
    I agree foboz, but in spite of the common sense of that position stated by Randymon and echoed by you above there are those who claim that they know for certain that Couples forbids 1/2 of a couple from every being on the nude beach when the other half is not there. Some folks go to Couples often and decide that their interpretation of the 'rules' must be the correct ones. As far as I know there has never been a concrete rule about this subhject at most of the Couples resorts. In fact, if the rule was that you had to pack up and leave the nude beach every single time your S/O left for a little bit then I think Couples would lose some customers. Couples is very wise about avoiding concrete rules where possible IMO, but some vacationers want their view to be carved in stone and assume they have it right no mattter how little sense it might make. Couples is great at dealing with problems when they arise (and they are rare!) so I say let them do it and everyone here can stop pretending their view is the official rule... when in fact is it just their view.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2