Default Breakfast at CSA

I've been reading the message board for months - and we can't believe we are finally in single digit countdown!!! 8 more sleeps before departure to CSA!

I have read that Patois is ala carte and the Palms is buffet - Is this correct? We appreciate any of your feedback as to where to enjoy the best and most relaxing start to our day - after the "room service" coffee and fruit!

We'll be staying in a BFVS and the property map seems to put us closer to Patois, but we don't mind walking anywhere - so long as it's good... thanks again to all of you for your posts and valuable information. We will be sure to share our experience here also when we return - thanks!!!

Both the Palms and Patios rock. If you want a quicker breakfast, go to the Palms. Omelette station, fresh fruit and juices and endless choices. At Patios, fresh fruit Smoothies, banana stuffed French toast and many other choices but it does take longer. Sit back and relax and enjoy the ambience. Wish I was there!

I forgot to mention the Mimosa and bloody Mary table at the Palms. Nice way to start the day!

Ooooh! Let me know what you think of the BFVS when you get back! That's the type of room that my husband and I are staying in as well!

You are correct about breakfast. You can also order continental breakfast brought to your room each morning. We likes waking up to fresh coffee and pastries brought to our door. We would eat it out on the verandah and watch the resort start it's day. Then we would really go eat once we had our suits and cover-ups on.

Also, when you check in. Ask to be in a BFVS that is close to the middle of the resort. That way you will be an equal distance from both the Palms and Patois. Corner rooms have more natural light, so you may want to ask for one of them too. Enjoy! CSA is the best.

The variety at Palms is wonderful, and yes it is buffet. I love Palms for breakfast and the view of the beach and ocean in the early morning is one of my favorite things about CSA. Breakfast at Palms is my favorite meal at CSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Margi View Post
    You are correct about breakfast. You can also order continental breakfast brought to your room each morning. We likes waking up to fresh coffee and pastries brought to our door. We would eat it out on the verandah and watch the resort start it's day. Then we would really go eat once we had our suits and cover-ups on.

Also, when you check in. Ask to be in a BFVS that is close to the middle of the resort. That way you will be an equal distance from both the Palms and Patois. Corner rooms have more natural light, so you may want to ask for one of them too. Enjoy! CSA is the best.
    Isn't there only one or maybe two buildings of BFVS? It seems to be on the end where Patois is. Maybe you're thinking of the BFS. I could be wrong though, I did drink a bit when I was there.

Hi Luis! Congrats on being in 'single digits'! We're exactly 2 weeks away from CSA! You're going to LOVE IT there! I agree w/Dirtleg! There are so many great restaurants but Breakfast at the Palms is probably my favorite as well! When I'm at home, I get up & hit the ground running- email, voicemail, phone-YIKES! ! When we're at CSA, I enjoy a Mimosa, omelette, cripsy bacon, callalou & then I hit the beach. It's a great way to 'ease' into the day! Only on vacation I can do that! AHHH, I can't wait to come HOME! Enjoy your stay! Cindy

Breakfast at Patois is my fave! I love the daily breakfast smoothie and banana stuffed french toast. I also like the quieter atmosphere at Patois.

Its a beautiful walk around the grounds to get to wherever you are going, so go to to the palms at least
    once to see if you like it. I'm sure you will. Good point about the Mimosas and Bloody Marys too!

ORV,
    There are only a couple rows of BFS and those are over by the Palms, then right about the middle of the resort start the BFVS and those go all the way to the Greathouse. Not sure how many rows, but I think there are 8 building total that have BFVS in them.
    Margi

We go with room service “1st breakfast” with fresh fruit and pastry. Then, we go to Palms of Patois for “2nd breakfast. Patois has stuffed french toast that is wonderful. I only drink coffee when in Jamaica. Can’t beat Blue Mountain coffee.

Life is good

The other nice thing about the Palms for breakfast is that you can select from a few different Jamaican specialty dishes each morning. And as was mentioned before, you can make your own mimosas or Bloody Marys (at Patois you can order them).

We like the Palms because we love the choice and also like the musicians who entertain (I think they start at about 8:30ish - guitar and sax player this time).

Have a great time!!

We love both The Palms and Patios for breakfast. We usually go shortly after they open. At Palms we try to get a seat in the shade near the pool. First stop is a mimosa then off to the omelets. Then another mimosa and something green so I can say I ate healthy. Last year we brought some cheese back to the room for later in the day. ....our time there- beachfront property for 1 week is almost here.

I LOVE breakfast at both. Banana stuffed french toast is my fav at Patois but I love the huge variety at the Palms. We did room service a bit too as it is so mice to sit on the verandah and eat while you look at the beautiful gardens and the ocean. As well as all the friendly staff members passing by. The 2 weeks we were there we mixed it equally between the 3 choices. Have a great stay. I can not wait for out thrid trip back the end of this year hopefully leading into the New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by LuisinItaly View Post
    I've been reading the message board for months - and we can't believe we are finally in single digit countdown!!! 8 more sleeps before departure to CSA!

I have read that Patois is ala carte and the Palms is buffet - Is this correct? We appreciate any of your feedback as to where to enjoy the best and most relaxing start to our day - after the "room service" coffee and fruit!

We'll be staying in a BFVS and the property map seems to put us closer to Patois, but we don't mind walking anywhere - so long as it's good... thanks again to all of you for your posts and valuable information. We will be sure to share our experience here also when we return - thanks!!!
    Patois is great for breakfast. We have stayed at CSA 5 times, and have had breakfast at patois every single day. I think we said we have had breakfast there 29 times in a row now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickie View Post
    Hi Luis! Congrats on being in 'single digits'! We're exactly 2 weeks away from CSA! You're going to LOVE IT there! I agree w/Dirtleg! There are so many great restaurants but Breakfast at the Palms is probably my favorite as well! When I'm at home, I get up & hit the ground running- email, voicemail, phone-YIKES! ! When we're at CSA, I enjoy a Mimosa, omelette, cripsy bacon, callalou & then I hit the beach. It's a great way to 'ease' into the day! Only on vacation I can do that! AHHH, I can't wait to come HOME! Enjoy your stay! Cindy
    Chickie, what is a Mimosa?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    The variety at Palms is wonderful, and yes it is buffet. I love Palms for breakfast and the view of the beach and ocean in the early morning is one of my favorite things about CSA. Breakfast at Palms is my favorite meal at CSA.
    Me, too. Dirtleg. We love sitting at a table at the Palms and enjoying the view and the waves. It doesn't hurt that the food is outstanding and the coffee is plentiful. Typically, we consider it "brunch" and have a late snack for lunch.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Default A Mimosa in the morning w/breakfast

Okieislandgirl, a mimosa just is Champagne(sparkling wine) & OJ. At home, we usually add a topper of Grand Marnier or Triple Sec (both are orange liquors). We enjoy a little bubbly & OJ for breakfast! I can't do that at home! And I definitely recommend trying one. They're very refreshing!

We usually go to Palms but Patios is good also - nice change - although it is a bit slower as it is sit down service not buffet - but beautiful ocean view! Also try the room service - great for light breakfast - fruit, yogurt , pastries and the wonderful coffee! It is all good - enjoy - Only 92 days to go - yahoo!!!