Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

5 Days left......

My ride at home......

Attachment 16752

And my ride in Jamaica......Looking forward to being back onboard...

Attachment 16751

14 days to go!we will be in early is a specific checkin time?

More fun on boats........It's a pirates life for me...Savvy........

.....and for any first timers, yes that is the sea behind me not a pool......clear eh!

To Rudi, yes back in the heathen days of sunbeds with no wheels, but no we would not keep Lindon up, got to be swimming in the ocean at 6am, that pic would have been on the way to dinner somewhere.

Name:  IMG_1354.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  49.5 KB

Attachment 16774

Quote Originally Posted by 2LINY View Post
    14 days to go!we will be in early is a specific checkin time?
    Hey 2Liny,

I think there is an official check in time around 3 or 4pm but they really do their best to have rooms ready for arriving guests.

We usually just make sure we have what we want for the pool/beach in our carry on then just leave the suitcases in the office (if the room is not ready) until we head back to the room later.

ONLY 11 MORE DAYS FOR US! THANKS NINJAZ9R FOR THE PICS AND KEEPING THE EXCITEMENT BUILDING!
    Deborah and Paul

Some more of the bay.....it usually looks like this.....

Name:  P7090053.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  39.4 KB

Name:  P7090057.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  32.5 KB

But maybe 4-5 days out of the 250 we have stayed at CN it has been like this....
    Sure was fun body boarding in 90F ocean, but keep an eye out for those pesky urchins that can get swept in.

Attachment 16779

This one is from 10 years ago.............Must have been trip number 3 to CN I think.

Attachment 16789

ONE

Actually it's just 5 hours as I type that we both finish work for a grand total of 18.5 days......may have a little rum to celebrate this evening........Or possibly quite a lot of rum.

A picture of the "Office" today before it gets busy with all the meetings etc.

Just for Rudi.........It's from around 2008/9 so spot the differences. I got that the yellow flowering plants have now gone from large planter either side of the waterfall, new decking, raised bar counter top. This was definitely after the pool and waterfall were resurfaced though, as I can make out the long missing middle bar stool at this end. Maybe new umbrellas over the poolside sunbeds and I'm sure there is something else (other than the depth) painted on the edge of the pool. Anything else ?

Name:  IMG_1345.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  55.4 KB

And one of a peaceful morning on the beach.....Circa 2004/5

Name:  IMG_1344.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  83.4 KB

HI all,

My husband and I will be returning for our second visit on May 25th. We are staying through June 2nd. Last year was our first visit to Jamaica and I am so glad we picked CN.

Hope to meet some of you and make new friends.

Hi b&l1997,
    You will find us most afternoons at the pool bar, in the "Office" pictured above. Otherwise in the dive shop or on the volleyball court.
    See you there.
    Just finished work and as I write it is just 36 hours until we step foot out of the house into the cab for the airport.

nine days to go.then its ok for a week to take a month!

ZERO

OK so not quite zero (we leave the house in around 12 hours) but will be by the time this message is posted.

The final pic is of us from last year with some friends we made from Phoenix who will be joining us on this trip from next Saturday. And no we are not brothers.........

See you all real soon now.....We'll try our best to recognise those who put pictures on this thread but please be patient as my Rum infused eyesight usually makes everyone look a little different than I remember in the photos.........

Attachment 16822

My husband met you last year. We are from South Carolina. Let me post a pic to remind you! Name:  29042777743.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  61.3 KB Hope y'all have a great trip! We are going back to CN (home) in July!!! GO TIGERS!!!

hey tom and lori . jessica and I will be there june 2nd -9th. im easy to spot i have a large celtic cross tattooed on my chest. 8 DAYS and counting. see you all there.

Hi Tom & Lori..we will be arriving on June 1 and departing June 10. We will be celebrating our 35th. and are first timers at CN. We are so excited!!
    Tony and Jan (mcajun)

Hi jobrown765,
    We will be at CN June 1-10. First timers celebrating our 35 th. ann and look forward to meeting new people. Anxiously awaiting a wonderful time.
    Tony and Jan (mcajun)

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaz9r View Post
    Just for Rudi.........It's from around 2008/9 so spot the differences. I got that the yellow flowering plants have now gone from large planter either side of the waterfall, new decking, raised bar counter top. This was definitely after the pool and waterfall were resurfaced though, as I can make out the long missing middle bar stool at this end. Maybe new umbrellas over the poolside sunbeds and I'm sure there is something else (other than the depth) painted on the edge of the pool. Anything else ?
    Just noticed this post.
    Hmmm, the pool was drained for resurfacing on 5th Sept, 2005 (we were there) so you're right about that (and the stool being fixed then of course).

The change in the poolside sunbeds umbrellas was relatively recent I believe; maybe mid 2011?. (most, if not all, of the smaller ones like the one in the middle of your picture being replaced with larger ones similar to the one in the table on the right - if you mean some other change, don't know what it is).

The large growth of plants at the base of the tall palm in the middle of the pic were ripped up and replaced with smaller, thinned out, mini-palm looking plants. The palm also now should have a hook protruding from its trunk with a life preserver on it (or it may be the palm just to the left). (fwiw , the size of the plant growth in your pic makes me place it in mid-to-late '08, by early '09 it was trimmed back quite a bit and then replaced later).

I think I can make out the supporting stick for the "pool rules" sign in the middle planter on the right side of the pic. There are more of those signs now, they've moved locations, and they no longer have pool hours on them.

I can see the awning support at the pool bar but can't quite make out the awning itself. In any case it changed colors.

I suppose you 2 are there currently taking update photos!

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaz9r View Post
    ...Just for Rudi.........It's from around 2008/9 so spot the differences. ...
    I think you tricked me. Are sure that photo isn't from '05, or at least '06?

During a particularly heavy rainstorm at the pool bar in Nov. '07, Carrie told us that if they didn't have the new bar top, his bar would be flooded by now. And we also have a pic from Jan. '07 showing the new top.
    Your photo might even be pre-pool resurfacing, except I agree that they replaced the broken pool bar stool when they had the pool drained (I can't actually see the bar stool that I thought was broken, it would be around the corner - thought it was the 2nd from left when facing the ocean if you were in the middle, i.e. you were on the east side, of the pool bar??? But hey my memory could fail, and it is your office after all).

Also - revise my guess on the "supporting stick for the sign in the middle planter"; it is probably the small "no diving" sign, but they also move around.

KevnBecky/Ninjaz9r,

Ummm, wasn't there some sort of Diamond Jubilee event you were supposed to attend?
    Hope your trip went well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3