Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default am I being unrealistic?

I am a newbie, this will be my first time at a Couple's, first time to Jamaica, first time to adult only and first time to attempt AN! To say I am excited is a total understatement!

AN has never crossed my mind before but as I researched Jamaica, then Couples I began to read so many of your wonderful accounts on AN that I found it nagging at my thoughts more and more until I couldn' t ignore it, now I feel convinced it is something I want to try but I need to know if I am being unrealistic.
    I am the type of woman who when I get out of the shower I immediately cover myself even when alone, I always need the lights dimmed to be naked in front of my man, I would never consider going topless anywhere even though my one of my best friends is the woman who fought to make it legal in Ontario for woman to go topless, I respect a woman's right to but it has just never appealed to me. I won't even change in the open area of the changerooms at my gym, I always use a stall. The more of your stories I read the more I remember that wonderful light feeling of being a child and running around on the lawn under a sprinkler naked, or skinny dipping at the lake as a young teen. I hope by braving the AN and experiencing the 'once you go you know' feeling I might be more accepting of my body and more comfortable and confident in my own skin? It took some convincing for my man to agree to go and he walks around naked all the time. Is it unrealistic to assume I will be able to follow through with this?

Your reviews, posts and comments are so amazing, entertaining and inspiring, Thank You!

We are booked for CSS, Oct. 20-27, 162 days!!!

Kerryn

Read the whole of the 'feedback after your vacation thread'. Bite the bullet and enjoy the freedom. Try it and if you dont like it then leave. I can assure you though, you will like it and it will change your life. I am a fat middle aged man and whilst mooching around naked at CSS sunset beach, I never felt at all gawked at or judged as there were others who were rounder than me. I also had the most gorgeous wife on the beach (in my opinion) so could strut a little! Hahahaha.

Enjoy and be cool about it (everyone else is!)

Wow I think you've just posted one of the greatest posts ever. Your feelings are right on. Just like hundreds, maybe thousands of us before you. You have expressed what almost all of us have felt in one way or the other before going A/N. We grew up being taught nudity is wrong, and we have to have the perfect body. Our media pushes the perfect body syndrome everywhere. I've heard it said that if you walk into Wal-Mart and image everyone naked that is what you will see on the A/N beach. The later

For all the reasons you listed to go, are why we all love to go A/N. It does bring back memories when life was simple, like when you ran through the sprinklers as a little kid, skinny dipping as a teen. Most importantly you will know that we all are the same, and you will walk away with the confidence about yourself that you have never known before. Go for it ! ! ! The worst thing will happen is you go don't like it and leave. No big deal. Reality is 99% love it, and can't wait to go back.

Now for the funny part!!! Wait until you've been to the A/N beach all day talking and visiting with folks. Then at dinner the same night a couple says Hi to you, you look at your spouse and say "do you know them"? She says "No". Only to learn later, you spend the day talking to them on the A/N beach and didn't recognize them with their clothes on... True Story
    Jeff

Well, for sure if you don't try, you will NEVER KNOW! That aside, some people can do this and some simply can not. I REALLY hope you find that you are one that CAN!!!! Whatever you are thinking.......it is all in YOUR head. No one really cares what you look like, they are all too busy enjoying the great time they are having. Think about YOU having fun and forget about EVERYONE else. Have fun!

I am sure that you will receive alot of posts to this topic. I believe that you will be able to follow through just being open to the idea is a big step forward. Remember go the first full day after you arrive or earlier if possible. A Bob Marley shot on the way from the main beach bar provides additional courage from our experience.

You will look back and feel so good about yourself. Bad thing is that you will always want to be naked whenever you can but there is always a return trip.

Fantastic post and the follow through could be a life changing event in terms of body acceptance. Please do give it a try and lets us all know how it turns out.

Kerryn' Jonathon -
    I am EXACTLY like you from what I read. We went to CSS & SSB for the first time this past February, and LOVED it!! I was really apprehensive when we booked our trip 1 year out, but in that time of reading this message board I just decided that I WILL give it a try. When the time came, we just walked out to some chairs on the beach, stripped, and the rest is history. We went back every day!! It's true - Once you go, you know... ENJOY!!!

Kerryn, We have been to CTI three times, with number four coming in July. The first time we went to "the island" we went because I talked my wife into trying it just once. I told her we may never get to try it again in our lives, and I wanted to do something exciting nad maybe a little naughty on our exotic Carribean vacation. She agreed to try it and come right back if she didn't like it, after all, we will never see these people again. Long story short, we spend more time each trip on the Island than we did the last time. The funny part is, we have been there all three other visits with Richie and Sylvia(many time CTI repeaters).
    Go, give it a try, do it early in your trip (just incase you like it). It will truly be a vacation you never forget, even if you don't find the all natural to your liking. There is no way it would ruin your trip if it is not for you, you will always wonder if you don't try it.
    Randy

You are going to a perfect location for your first AN experience. CSS (Sunset Beach) is ideal -- lots of space as it will allow you to get off to yourself if you wish, a beautiful pool with a waterfall and swimup bar, a grill for fresh cooked eats, and hottub. We are having to leave CN this morning after a week on the AN beach -- already missing it...

Sounds like you are being very realistic and are going through what most all of us have experienced. I for one, have always been very reserved and could never have thought I would consider AN -- now that is almost a must in our planning. Once you have experienced, as others have stated, it is true that you will never want to go back -- it is so freeing. There is nothing like laying in the sun, then going into the water, and then laying nude in the shade (or sun) with the breeze crossing your body.

And as others have stated - if it is not for you, that's ok, at least you will know. But my guess is it will be for you --- enjoy

After 13 visits to CTI and one to CSS I can assure you that you share the feelings of a lot of the people that we have met. However dont make the last day mistake. Go on your first day and find out. If you dont like it then dont go back but my guess is you will . I cannot tell you how many couples we talked to that waited til the last day and then cussed themselves because they did. You will have a blast and you will be back

Hi Kerry & Jonathon,

As the old commercial says - try it, you'll like it. It is interesting that we have been brought up in a very puritanical society that suggests nudity is (for some reason) wrong. Perhaps those of us who enjoy it are all going to H***, who knows? Personally, we have long wondered why it is OK to show guns, murder, mayhem, and blood & guts to everybody, and that is fine, but show just one bare nipple (e.g. Superbowl wardrobe malfunction) and the evangalists go off the deep end. this just does not seem right. The people you will meet at the AN beach will be terrific, and best of all, no wet bathing suits. We always thought that was gross. So, go the first day you are there, because that is where you will be every other day you are there. It is addictive!

A little liquid encouragement and you'll be good to go!
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

We first tried it at CTI a few years ago - waited till lunch time when we felt it would be a little less crowded. Had a few strong drinks at lunch to get my nerve up and off we went. My wife was like you in that she was very shy about her body and being naked. When we walked off the boat she hung a left to go to the pool instead of the more "private" side - by the time I put my towel on the chair and took my trunks off she was already naked and in the pool. That was day 1 - we spent 6 more days on the island only using the textile beach once - - (so we had pictures of vacation to take hom )

We've met some of the nicest people and made some of the greatest friends on the island.

I still get butterflies when I first get to an AN section - but then I remind myself - they're all naked too - how are they going to judge me?

Then I get a Bob Marley shot

I too, felt the same way.. until I got there...Then it took all of about a minute to get settled in a chair and get naked. The first trip to the ocean was a bit interesting, but then all of the sudden, this feeling of POWER came over me! I had to POWER to be standing there, NAKED, in front of everyone! I felt superior to those poor souls who marched back and forth on the beach while clothed. I wanted to tell them, join in, and feel the POWER! It's so NOT about sexuality, but about the glorious feeling of the warm sun, sand and water on every part of you. Wet swimsuits are a drag. I complained every time I had to put any clothes on to venture out to the rest of the resort... Can't wait for September and to be naked once again. And for the record, I am 48, and not a supermodel. I can do triathlons and run half marathons, but also could lose some more weight! Tan fat looks better than pale fat!! RELAX and ENJOY!!
    Lucy

I am so grateful for all your responses, they were supportive, amusing, informative and inspiring! You are all so wonderful to reply and with such great answers! Jonathon and I will be there in 118 days!! I get butterflies just thinking of it! Jonathon wasn't so sure at first as it was my idea but the more posts he reads the more he agrees with me. We will try SSB the day after we arrive just so we have no regrets and I promise to post our experience when we get back!

Thanks everyone!
    Kerry

For liquid encouragement, you can have a Mimosa or Bloody Mary with breakfast. They have the ingredients near the juice at the buffet. I have heard that the sparkling wine with the cherry juice is very good. Never thought to try it, but will in a week.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by bigwillie View Post
    Wow I think you've just posted one of the greatest posts ever. Your feelings are right on. Just like hundreds, maybe thousands of us before you. You have expressed what almost all of us have felt in one way or the other before going A/N. We grew up being taught nudity is wrong, and we have to have the perfect body. Our media pushes the perfect body syndrome everywhere. I've heard it said that if you walk into Wal-Mart and image everyone naked that is what you will see on the A/N beach. The later

For all the reasons you listed to go, are why we all love to go A/N. It does bring back memories when life was simple, like when you ran through the sprinklers as a little kid, skinny dipping as a teen. Most importantly you will know that we all are the same, and you will walk away with the confidence about yourself that you have never known before. Go for it ! ! ! The worst thing will happen is you go don't like it and leave. No big deal. Reality is 99% love it, and can't wait to go back.

Now for the funny part!!! Wait until you've been to the A/N beach all day talking and visiting with folks. Then at dinner the same night a couple says Hi to you, you look at your spouse and say "do you know them"? She says "No". Only to learn later, you spend the day talking to them on the A/N beach and didn't recognize them with their clothes on... True Story
    Jeff
    Jeff
    Most of us look at people's faces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am you and you are me....same thing...(I am the type of woman who when I get out of the shower I immediately cover myself even when alone, I always need the lights dimmed to be naked in front of my man, I would never consider going topless anywhere ). I let hubby talked me into trying AN and still dread the exposure, but love the feeling of the sun and breeze on my naked body. This will be our 7th trip to Couples (6th AN experience). We go in a few days and I can hardly stand the wait!!!

John
    That was my point; maybe it didn't do a good enough job explaining. Everyone looks alike so you don't pay attention or care for that fact, but once everyone get all fancied up at night, you know fix our hair, put make up on, wearing nice clothes. You know what I mean much like if you were working in your yard, then go in the house and get all clean up to a formal wedding or event... Your looks are completely different. Hence, the sometimes stereo types on the textile side.

[QUOTE=Then I get a Bob Marley shot [/QUOTE]

What is a Bob Marley shot??

Dangerous would be what I call it...many a guest end up in bed earlier than they would have liked for the Jamaica colors layered in the shot glass, which happens to have the luxury of a cool name like Bob Marley :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bigwillie View Post
    John
    That was my point; maybe it didn't do a good enough job explaining. Everyone looks alike so you don't pay attention or care for that fact, but once everyone get all fancied up at night, you know fix our hair, put make up on, wearing nice clothes. You know what I mean much like if you were working in your yard, then go in the house and get all clean up to a formal wedding or event... Your looks are completely different. Hence, the sometimes stereo types on the textile side.
    Just pulling your leg my man lol !

lenfest@cti912 :

That would be Creme De Banana, Creme De Mint, 151 Proof Rum and Grenadine....It's an interesting shot, and within 10 minutes, got my wife drunk. It depends on your tolerance to shots, but for some it's childs play, for others, time to take a rest after. The only thing it is for all people: REQUIRED for the first timers to Jamaica best resorts: Couples!

Enjoy and Safe Travels!

I felt the tug on my leg John. You know how the written word gets mistaken and I thought if someone I know mistook what I had written someone else could as well. I didn't want to leave a bad impression for those trying for the first time. Are you guys coming to CSS this year or did I miss it somewhere?
    Jeff

We look forward to hearing about your experience.. we are booked for CSA Dec 28-Jan4.. No AN beach there... but the thought HAS crossed my mind.

Good Luck to you

P.S. we are just down the street from you in Brampton.... small world

A&S

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast