Thread: Rooms @ CTI?

Default Rooms @ CTI?

My husband and I are planning a trip to CTI in Dec and I can't decide whether to book the Superior, Deluxe or the Premier Ocean room. I know that the price differences aren't all that much, but are they rooms really that different? The description and pictures of them are all the same so I can't tell. Could somebody that has been there and booked the different rooms please help me out? Thanks!!!

I know that I was having the same problemName:  DSC01506.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  30.8 KB when I was booking my trip in October. After reading other reviews we decided to book the Premier Ocean room and LOVED it! Some reports said that being above the swim up bar was to loud. We never had a problem with that at all, I mean really, the bar doesn't open till I think 10am and in the evening its closed so really not a big deal, during the day your most likely going to be outside. And if you do decided to have a nap or um...something else LOL you can just shut the windows and not have a problem (AC works great in the rooms). We had an amazing view of the island. Actually, I'll just put a picture up from our room I think we where in 3326...I think...anyways, have fun!

IMO it is more location, location, location!

All of the rooms are basically the same except for the views. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite and I can tell you that this is the only way we would ever book it again. WOW! The room was extremely nice and the views were breathtaking.

The rooms aren't much different, but the locations are. If you want to be at the quiet end of the resort, save a few bucks, and don't mind a long walk to the main areas, go with Superior. (You might not have a view of the island, though.) If you want a great location but with the risk of a little noise, go with Premier. If you want something in between, try Deluxe!

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

It depends on the view. Superior face west and look over a small cove and the villas next door. Deluxe will have a view of the ocean, but may have some palm trees swaying near by. They are in building 4 and 1. Premier have unobstructed view of the ocean and are are in buildings 2 and 3. Hope that helps. We have stayed in every building but 5. The size of the room can vary even within the category.
    Vicky

We just got back from CTI - we had booked a superior ocean, which is building #5, kind of on an angle at the end of the resort, so the ocean view would be partially obstructed. (even more so I would assume if you were on 1st or 2nd floor, because of the foliage). We got upgraded to a deluxe ocean, which was building # 1, overlooking one of the pools, with a very nice ocean view. I would think that the premier ocean are in more of the central buildings. (last year we had a garden view, and that really was beautiful also - foliage, tree frogs singing, etc - just different.)

When we went we booked the deluxe ocean room. These are in buildings 1 and 4. We were in 4 and looked over the swim-up bar pool to the island. It was a great location. IMHO, no need for anything more. Awesome view. No noise from entertainment. Nothing is "far" from anything in this compact resort, so no worries there. The superior rooms are in building 5 and don't directly face the island. The premiers are in buildings 2 and 3, and personally, I don't think there's an atvantage to the location, especially building 2 looking over the main pool.... but that's just us.

Can anyone comment on Building 2 vs Building 3. We have a Premier Ocean room booked for our September stay and I was thinking of requesting Bldg 2 when we arrive since it is a newer building and I think I heard that the rooms were a little larger than in Bldg 3? I know we'll be happy wherever we end up, but I'd still be interested to know: What is your favorite Premier room #?
    Thanks!
    Laura (172 days
    Last edited by lenfest@cti912; April 1st, 2012 at 09:31 AM.

We weren't big fans of building 2 as the noise from the pool and patio was a bit much.

Our favorite Premier rooms are 3X10. They are HUGE!!!

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by BruceandKelli View Post
    Our favorite Premier rooms are 3X10. They are HUGE!!!
    BruceandKelli: Thanks for the tip! I went to jot this down in my notes and found I already had room 3310 recorded as suggestion from a previous post -- I wonder if that might have come from you as well! Do you happen to know if Premier rooms are on all floors in both Bldgs 2 & 3 or just the upper floors? I thought I'd look at some pictures to get a feel for which were the Premier rooms.

Laura