Default Help! Can't decide!

Hello everyone, I am new to this message board. I have been searching high and low to see what resort will be a "good fit" for me and my husband. I am leaning toward Couples Negril because I have heard many, many good things about the resort. I spoke with various travel agents and they all said you can't go wrong with any of the Couples resorts. Both me and my husband are very active and we enjoy socializing and partying. Therefore, we would like a resort that's upbeat and has a good night life. And first and foremost is the FOOD! The food has to be great! We understand that Couples Negril the rooms are just so-so, but as long as they are clean and comfortable we are good.

Therefore, here is what I'm looking for:

1) Upbeat and lively atmosphere (we love to socialize);

2) Great Food;

3) Lots of water sports and activities;

4) Beautiful Beach

5) Great Customer Service.

Also, is bottled water and soda free at the Couples resorts. What about the bar in the room?

Everyone, please do not hesitate to give your advice/opinion as I have never been to Negril before and stayed at an all-inconclusive resort. If you have any other advice/tips and any good websites/travel agents that offers a great deal, please let me know.

I would appreciate any help I can get in making this decisions.

Thanks,

Elaine

Hi Elaine,

You need to look at the descriptions and pictures of all of the couples resorts in order to see which one is "calling you" and then just go with it. However, we'll try to answer your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by elainflow View Post
    Hello everyone, I am new to this message board. I have been searching high and low to see what resort will be a "good fit" for me and my husband. I am leaning toward Couples Negril because I have heard many, many good things about the resort. I spoke with various travel agents and they all said you can't go wrong with any of the Couples resorts. Both me and my husband are very active and we enjoy socializing and partying. Therefore, we would like a resort that's upbeat and has a good night life. And first and foremost is the FOOD! The food has to be great! We understand that Couples Negril the rooms are just so-so, but as long as they are clean and comfortable we are good.

Therefore, here is what I'm looking for:

1) Upbeat and lively atmosphere (we love to socialize);
    The most upbeat resorts, in our opinion, are CN, CSA and CTI. with CSS being more laid back. CN, CSA and CTI have a catamaran cruise but, by far, CTI's is the best!

2) Great Food;
    All resorts have great food but CSA has the most selection of restaurants followed by CTI, CN and CSS. We especially liked the food and atmoshpere at CN best.

3) Lots of water sports and activities;
    All resorts have plenty of water sports and activities but CN had the most beach activities. They encourage people to get out there and play volleyball and the games get pretty competitive. We found the best snorkeling to be on the Negril side at CN and CSA.

4) Beautiful Beach
    The most beautiful beach is a toss up between CN and CSA as the sand is the soft, white, powdery kind and the sunsets are awesome! They are public beaches in that others can walk the waterline across those Couples resort beaches. CSS has two nice beaches with one having a great sunset view. CTI doesn't have much of a beach to talk about. Both CSS and CTI are smaller, private beaches.

5) Great Customer Service.
    That's easy!! You get awesome customer service at all the Couples resorts. This is one category that you can't go wrong in because the people of Jamaica, and particularly the resorts, are very humble, gracious and caring individuals that want to see you come back. American resorts could learn a thing or two from Couples on how to treat a customer!!

Also, is bottled water and soda free at the Couples resorts. What about the bar in the room?
    Yes, bottled water and soda are free as well as alcoholic beverages. The room is restocked each day with water, soda, beer, juice, rum, etc. so you'll always have plenty to drink.

Everyone, please do not hesitate to give your advice/opinion as I have never been to Negril before and stayed at an all-inconclusive resort. If you have any other advice/tips and any good websites/travel agents that offers a great deal, please let me know.

I would appreciate any help I can get in making this decisions.

Thanks,

Elaine
    The thing to do is go with the understanding that every Couples Resort is totally all-inclusive. This means that what you pay up front is all that you have to pay at the resort. There is no tipping allowed for resort staff, though you can bring and give gifts for them, and the staff treat you like family. The money you spend will be on those things that you choose to do such as excursions, gifts, jewelry, etc.

Hopefully we've answered your questions so you can make a better decision on which resort to visit.

Bart & Bug

Bart and Bug have said everything you need to know. You just can not go wrong with any resort you choose. As long as it's a Couples resort. Have a great time. And welcome to the family.

We are going back to CN in FEB for our 6th visit to this resort. The water sports are great as I was certified in scuba there and have always taken advantage of the hobie cats and the wakeboarding. The night life is fun with the paino bar sign along and the dance nights but the vibe I get is the guest dont party too late as a trade off for getting up and getting out in the the sun. We have never been disappointed with the food, staff or facility in our five stays at CN.
    Maximus

Great! I think Couples will be a great choice for us!

You have just described all of the resorts, been to all and favor CTI only because we were there in 1980 for honeymoon and gets better every trip - just returned 1/20/12 and what a blast.