Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default CSS late April/early May 2013

We booked our first trip to Couples San Souci today for April 29th-May6th 2013. Took some confusion with the booking agent, but we've locked in at the current rates! We can't wait!

Anyone else planning on a trip during this time? Would welcome any tips/advice from anyone that has been to CSS and specifically during that time of year.

Well you did the right thing by choosing Couples and even better in my personal opinion by choosing CSS. We will not be there until May 10th, but I can tell you that you've picked a wonderful time of year with regards to the weather. We and several other couples usually travel together in April, have been since 2006, last year due to schedules we had to switch to May and it was so nice that we decided to do it again this year. Lots of stuff to do, staff and other couples there are always ready with a smile and maybe stop to have a chat and a drink. Who knows you may be as lucky as we've been and meet people that you will be friends with for the rest of your life.

Thanks nazie, we're hoping that it is all that everyone says. If it is half as wonderful as we've hear, it'll be a great vacation!

CSS April 29-May 10, 2013

We will most likely be there the same time next year as this year. You will find that guests like to return the same week every year to meet up with friends from the previous year. We have been to CSS other times of the year, but the April/May time frame was the best weather wise for us!
    See you on the beach!
    Sue&Mike
    CSS 4/24/12 - 5/3/12
    CSS April/May 2013?

Would be great to meet and make friends from different partsof the country/world. If we cross paths there next year, that would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by mikesue View Post
    See you on the beach!
    Sue&Mike
    CSS 4/24/12 - 5/3/12
    CSS April/May 2013?
    Which beach?
    Last edited by va couple; January 25th, 2012 at 02:57 PM.

Stacey & Pete from Wisconsin
    CSS April 2010
    CSS April 2011
    CSS April 30 - May 7, 2013 (unless we add more days)

We built a new house so we had to skip this year, but are very excited to go back in 2013.
    The 2011 trip for me was a bit difficult, I was only 6 weeks healed from my severely broken arm. So it was a chore to even get dressed. I enjoyed my time but it just wasn't the same. Looking forward to next year.

You will LOVE CSS. yes, there are steps. So what! It really wasn't a big deal for us. We love the intimacy of the place, yet if you want to hang out and socialize, you can. Pete is a scuba diver, so he goes out every morning while I sit and read on the beach. We each get to do something we like, even without each other. We love Bella Vista for dinner, it's right on the beach, casual and the Mento Band often plays right at your table. We love the tree frogs at night. We love just wandering around, or hanging out at the mineral pool. We also have to venture over to SSB for a day or two (or three or four), The whole place is paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin76 View Post
    Stacey & Pete from Wisconsin
    CSS April 2010
    CSS April 2011
    CSS April 30 - May 7, 2013 (unless we add more days)

We built a new house so we had to skip this year, but are very excited to go back in 2013.
    The 2011 trip for me was a bit difficult, I was only 6 weeks healed from my severely broken arm. So it was a chore to even get dressed. I enjoyed my time but it just wasn't the same. Looking forward to next year.

You will LOVE CSS. yes, there are steps. So what! It really wasn't a big deal for us. We love the intimacy of the place, yet if you want to hang out and socialize, you can. Pete is a scuba diver, so he goes out every morning while I sit and read on the beach. We each get to do something we like, even without each other. We love Bella Vista for dinner, it's right on the beach, casual and the Mento Band often plays right at your table. We love the tree frogs at night. We love just wandering around, or hanging out at the mineral pool. We also have to venture over to SSB for a day or two (or three or four), The whole place is paradise.
    We are so looking forward to our first trip! The steps didn't scare us off from booking CSS. It just sounded like heaven on earth! We've been married 21 years and this will be our first "adult" vacation & first real vacation. We're calling it our delayed Honeymoon! We plan to explore the entire grounds and totally enjoy the tropics! We are planning on taking the plunge right off the bat and try out SSB! Hope to see you both there. I (Richard) am planning on trying the resort SCUBA course one day while there. It's always been a dream to SCUBA dive, so this will be a perfect opportunity. It's great to start making friends before we even arrive! Hopefully more people that will be there during that time frame will join in!

Richard & Kristy from Virginia

We have been there in Feb, March and September and will be there the 1st of May thru the 7th-
    You will love it!

Anyone have any veteran trip advice? Packing, room selection, best place to eat breakfast/lunch/dinner? Fun things to do off property? Must try drinks? Is the day trip to CTI worth the time lost at SSB? Anything you want to share (advice/lessons learned) would be great!

Richard - it's best to try out SSB right away....although you may never go back to the textile beach.

Pete (my husband) tried scuba the first time we went and was hooked ever since. He ended up getting certified that trip and then upgraded his certification on the 2nd trip.

It IS heaven on earth. I tell everyone it is paradise... just like the pictures show, it does really look like it there!

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin76 View Post
    Richard - it's best to try out SSB right away....although you may never go back to the textile beach.

Pete (my husband) tried scuba the first time we went and was hooked ever since. He ended up getting certified that trip and then upgraded his certification on the 2nd trip.

It IS heaven on earth. I tell everyone it is paradise... just like the pictures show, it does really look like it there!
    I am certain that we will spend most of our time on SSB. Only time we won't probably will be for meals, sleeping, spa treatments, and exploring the resort. I am looking forward to meeting you in person, first round of drinks is on me!

Mace and I will be there April 30-May7 for our Honeymoon. We are so looking forward to it. Will see you there it seems!
    -Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by MaceandCharlie View Post
    Mace and I will be there April 30-May7 for our Honeymoon. We are so looking forward to it. Will see you there it seems!
    -Charlie
    Congrats on the wedding! Is it this year or next year? We are going (for our first trip) next year. Wishing it was this year that we were going, but no such luck!

Ack! Didn't see that it was 2013 when you were going. Yes, we are headed there in 82 days. I think we are more excited about the honeymoon than the wedding.

With the announcement of the early booking special, we added days to our trip. Going to be there April 29- May 10, 2013. Would love to hear from others that are going to be there during this time.

Hi all!! Debe and Jeff here, we will be there Apr 30-May7 ...

Quote Originally Posted by va couple View Post
    We booked our first trip to Couples San Souci today for April 29th-May6th 2013. Took some confusion with the booking agent, but we've locked in at the current rates! We can't wait!

Anyone else planning on a trip during this time? Would welcome any tips/advice from anyone that has been to CSS and specifically during that time of year.

We just got back from CSS and will be going Apr30-May9 2013.

I just put a veerrrry long review on the main board ..... If that doesn't answer some questions just ask me!

Debe&Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by MsHoo View Post
    We just got back from CSS and will be going Apr30-May9 2013.

I just put a veerrrry long review on the main board ..... If that doesn't answer some questions just ask me!

Debe&Jeff
    Hey Debe &. Jeff
    We're kinda looking at the same time. I will email you when we figure it out. Had a great time with you two.
    Kevin & Carol

Quote Originally Posted by kevmo1965 View Post
    Hey Debe &. Jeff
    We're kinda looking at the same time. I will email you when we figure it out. Had a great time with you two.
    Kevin & Carol
    Hey!! Good to hear from you! We have booked for 5/4-5/13/13.

We will be there April 29th-may 6th, 2013 with some friends we met there around the same time April/May 2012...we were able to coordinate and we will be arriving same day and leaving same day...looking forward to some relaxing time, lots of laughs and good drinks over on Sunset Beach (a.k.a. The light side or the more fun side)...we were newbies last year to the AN thing and now we are hooked! Who needs a stinking swim suit! Lol...Larry & Terri from Kansas

This is our 2nd trip to Sans Souci. We celebrated our 25th anniversary last year and met some new friends (hey Larry & Terri). Looking forward to relaxing at SSB and seeing the family we left behind. As someone earlier in this thread said there are a lot of people that return the same time every year. This will probably be our new tradition.
    Socialable!
    Kevin & Carol

Quote Originally Posted by kevmo1965 View Post
    This is our 2nd trip to Sans Souci. We celebrated our 25th anniversary last year and met some new friends (hey Larry & Terri). Looking forward to relaxing at SSB and seeing the family we left behind. As someone earlier in this thread said there are a lot of people that return the same time every year. This will probably be our new tradition.
    Socialable!
    Kevin & Carol
    Hey Kevin & Carol! We are very excited and ready to hang with you guys! 137 more days...but who's counting! SOCIABLE!

Once again I find myself in awe of the amazing bond you all share! this 4/27-5/4 will be our first time at CSS and we are very excited to become apart of the ...dare I say....CSS Family!
    Rob and Shawna

97 Days!!! Hey Richard (vacouple), you out there?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast