Default C.N. Snorkel question

I heard the boat go's out twice a day, but was wondering what times and how long. And how a beginner would do, how easy? Any tips would help, I am a little scared. But want to do it for my husband and myself!

I believe they go out around 10 and 1 maybe. And no worries about being a first timer. The Watersports staff is excellent and will help you along the whole way if you need it. They look after you to make sure that you aren't in any danger... besides they provide you with blow up flotation devices that you can blow up as much or as little as you want... so if you get tired at all just inflate it some more and float along the surface with ease.

I forget how long they go for. If memory serves me, it's about 30 minutes you're in the water (20 minute ride to the spot). It's very easy to do. They give you a life jacket so you can just float on the surface. It's my favorite part of our trip!

A beginner would be fine. It's something you don't want to miss. They give you life jackets so you can just float around and not have to worry about a thing. If you got out there and didn't enjoy it you could just hop back on the boat and wait for everyone else. Enjoy enjoy enjoy! It's beautiful out there.

We were just there in Dec. You're right, they usually go out twice a day, but I can't recall the exact times. One in the morning, one in the afternoon. Once on the boat it only takes a few mintues to reach the snorkeling spot (depending on which spot they take you to I suppose) and then you're actually in the water snorkeling for about 30 minutes.
    It's very easy to do, give it a shot! I had snorkeled once before but my hubby was completely new to it. The staff on the boat will ask if anyone is new to it. They will show you how to put the gear on properly, etc but there's not a whole lot of other direction given (or needed, really). But if you have any questions or concerns, I know the staff will be very accomodating! I had them help me put my mask on correctly, as I couldn't get it to stop leaking. Also, you'll be wearing a life vest, which you blow into to inflate. You can either leave it deflated or blow it up, whatever you're comfortable with.
    Once in the water, you pretty much just paddle around as you please; at the spot where we snorkeled, there were areas where the coral came up almost to the surface. As staff will tell you, stay back from the coral and you'll be fine. I was paranoid that a wave would push me onto the coral, so I stayed well away from it. My husband, though, got closer and saw some pretty cool stuff that I didn't get to see. He had a blast (as did I, despite beign somewhat nervous).

Usually the boat will be out about an hour. Couples is a great place for a beginner to take the plunge. The water staff will take good care of you.

Boats go out morning and afternoon. Check with the watersports team when you arrive. They have great experience and will be willing to help you. I bet they would let you use some snorkels and fins to practice in the swim area before you go out on an actual snorkel dive! You should try it....it really is a beautiful way to experience the ocean and all her creatures!

Oh please please go! Don't miss this. I think the trips go out at around 9 A.M. and then around 1:00. You do not not go very far out, you are back in an hour and it is very easy to do- even for beginners.

We just got back. They go out at 9:30 and 1:30 every day. They are out for an hour. Depending on where they take you, it takes about 10 minutes to get there and back and about 10 minutes for instruction and to get your gear on. So, you get about 30-35 minutes in the water. The degree of help depends on the crew that day... some are extremely helpful (Like Tafoya and Steve) and others are not.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

You guys are so great! You even answered questions I didn't ask but was thinking about! Two years ago we were at C.N. and I chickened out! I wanted to go on the snorkel trip so bad and then got too scared. This time I'm going to do it! I'm really looking forward to it! Feb. 22 - 28! Yah mon!

I'd say - Do It - you won't regret it .... Even if you get off the boat & end up not liking it .... you can always get back on the boat & just sit & wait for the others .... but I think you'll have a great time. I don't even swim & have went snorkeling at CN many times .... the water is very calm there ..... Even did the night snorkel once .... I wouldn't do that again but am glad I did it once ... HA HA. They will give you a life jacket, like many people have already mentioned, & you will basically just be floating on the water with your face in the water seeing all the fish & coral .... We have even seen sea turtles twice which was SO EXCITING!!!!! Don't miss out ..... Give it a try ..... I ended up buying my own snorkel, mask, & fins ......
    Julie