Default Recent Ocean & Pool Temp CTI/CSS

Sorry, message board and Couples veterans - I hope this question hasn't been asked too many times... BUT can anyone who has recently been to CTI or CSS (since around the end of December 2011) tell us what the ocean and/or pool temperatures are like? If you can compare to spring/summer/fall temps - is it much cooler? We'll be at CTI Jan 21-28 (our 6th trip to Couples overall, but we've never been in the winter). Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by theyamons; January 17th, 2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: typo

anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by theyamons View Post
    Sorry, message board and Couples veterans - I hope this question hasn't been asked too many times... BUT can anyone who has recently been to CTI or CSS (since around the end of December 2011) tell us what the ocean and/or pool temperatures are like? If you can compare to spring/summer/fall temps - is it much cooler? We'll be at CTI Jan 21-28 (our 6th trip to Couples overall, but we've never been in the winter). Thanks everyone!
    we just got back from cti on our first jamaican vacation. the pools on the mainland were too cold for me to get in but the one on the island was warm enough to sit in once you got used to it. hope this helps. enjoy paradise. Randy

By the way, the ocean was nice to be in

We were at CTI Christmas/New Year and the Swim Up and Main pools were COLD! too cold for my hubby!! However, the caribbean is beautiful and warmer and just right for cooling off in between sunbathing. Can't beat swimming in that beautiful sea, who needs a pool?

Mad about tennis

When were at CSS in December 2010 (I know you wanted more recent) the pools were to cold to enjoy. At the repeaters dinner the staff member commented that they had discussed that they never thought they would need to heat the pools in Jamaica but the subject had come up. The ocean was a little cool but was very enjoyable.

We were at CSS last year Jan 4-11, and all the pool temperatures were really too cold to get in. The ocean was nice, maybe a little cool getting in (esp at Sunset Beach), but nice once you got used to it. Beautiful daytime temperatures (upper 70's/ low 80's), but slightly cool nights and early mornings. Hot tubs were nice! But we did miss being able to swim and relax in the pools, so decided next time we would try a different time of year (maybe March/ April, or early December).

-d.

Hello,
    Hubby and I were at CSS during Christmas and New Year and the pool on the AN side was a bit chilly, but not unbearable. Once the sun was shinning overhead, and after a few rum punches, getting into the pool was 'no problem mon!'

One Love,
    suzyQ

Thanks guys - so helpful! Looking forward to getting out of this midly cold winter here in DC haha. The ocean and hot tubs are good enough for us - and maybe the pool too, after the recommended rum punches.