Default Transfer available to SSB from CTI if you cant go to the island?

If you are staying at CTI and expect to use the island daily and if the weather does not permit visit to island, will Couples let you go to SSB for that purpose? If so, how often will they let you go to SBB if the weather does not favor boat trip to the island?

It depends... If you're frequent guest of Couples resorts, they should take care of you. If you're not, you may have to work them a little bit. The island was closed 5 out of our 7 days at TI and we had trouble getting to SS because they said the resort was full and didn't want to over populate the beaches and pools. After some persistence we were lucky enough to get a day pass on our a final day.

Quote Originally Posted by bonethugs View Post
    It depends... If you're frequent guest of Couples resorts, they should take care of you. If you're not, you may have to work them a little bit. The island was closed 5 out of our 7 days at TI and we had trouble getting to SS because they said the resort was full and didn't want to over populate the beaches and pools. After some persistence we were lucky enough to get a day pass on our a final day.
    While it's regretful you had weather issues and could not use the island fro much of your trip, Couples should not be obligated to shuttle all of the islanders to CSS. The current trading places program limits the amount of people going back and forth and that is how is should be. One of the attractive things about CSS is that it is the smallest of their four resorts in Jamaica which is why we prefer it over the others. I see in another post you have now made CSS your first choice which should insure the weather won't play havoc with your ability to enjoy the AN facility at CSS.

When we went in January it was very windy the entire time. The island was closed 3 1/2 days during the week. One day we had already planned on doing trading space. A second day we asked nice and since CSS was not full and there were only three other couples doing Trading Places they said "No problem mon!".

So, ask nice and they may do it.

Now for something like when the island was closed to rebuild the dock I think CTI should have had a shuttle over to CSS for anyone that wanted to go. That was a planned event (even if they did not plan for the old dock to be washed away) and I would have been pretty pissed if they island was closed for the entire week with no recourse. I don't know if they did or not, just saying...