Default CSS room question

We booked a one bedroom ocean suite at CSS. Is there a block that you veterans prefer over the others? We're going Feb 2013 and will complete the 4-pack of Couples resorts. We are 37 days and counting until CN!

It depends on how much you want to climb stairs. G is up high and has great views. We stayed in block E - those rooms are on the 2nd floor. We were in the second room from the ocean, facing the beach. It was a perfect room, because we could see the beach/pool/bar and also the ocean. I had wanted G block, but am glad we stayed in E, as it was more centrally located. I really don't think you'll be disappointed with this category, because you'll be in G (up the hill), F, E (central) or D. I think I would prefer D the least, but if you want to be closer to the pool, it might be nice.

We stayed in G-block both times and the steps were definitely worth the view (not to mention you can work off some of the wonderful food you will eat). But I don't think you can go wrong with any room. The resort is so beautiful and romantic. I can't wait to go back. You will have an amazing time!

I have styaed in D which have the penthouses at top (very Nice). D block is the block that looks to the main beach and pool with the ocean to the right (or left depending on which side. E, F, G all face the ocean without being directly visible to the beach area. We have also stayed in Block A the beachfront suites and that was very close to the main activities (beach, pool, restaurants and SSB).

I just want to say thank you for the info. Not opposed to stairs.... could use the exercise after all the great food and drink. I'm thinking I'll request E,F,or G and see where I end up. Sounds like a good time will be had. That trip is still just under 400 days away. We visit CN in 30 days!! We loved CSA, REALLY loved CTI,.... can it actually get better?!! We shall see! tick.... tick.... tick...

We stayed in the building closest to the beach; can't remember the building letter. No stairs! Of course, we used plenty of stairs when moving about the property!

We typically walked out our sliding glass door straight to the beach. We loved it! Hoping to get the same area for our upcoming September stay!
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

When and how do you request room locations? We booked an ocean suite, and as previously stated by others, stairs might be good for us!

VA Couple, That was a good question. I was about to ask it myself. We will be making our first trip to a Couples Resort (CSS) in just 5 weeks, and I was wondering if it was too late to request a certain room location. Hopefully someone will answer the "when and how" question for both of us.

Our first time to CSS we were in F-2. RIGHT above the lobby. We loved it! The balcony was perfect for us, we could enjoy the nightly entertainment while lounging together. We were right above Casanova, so if we had dinner reservations, we didn't have far to go. We had a wonderful view. This was a one-bedroom ocean view suite. It is above/near the gameroom and lobby, but didn't find that to be a problem at all.

Our second trip to CSS, we booked a penthouse, requested G block, but ended up with E-12. I think we had THE MOST AMAZING view ever. Seriously. I don't know how you could beat it. From the balcony, all you saw was ocean from left to right. This was near the mineral pool / fitness area. We still enjoyed listening to the nightly entertainment on our balcony every night.

447 more days to CSS... we booked another penthouse. We didn't specify a block this time. They aren't guaranteed and we loved something different about each of the locations we stayed at before. We don't mind the stairs at all. Can't wait to go "home"!

Hello,
    You can request a particular block when you check-in. None of the resorts allow you to reserve a particular building in advance. Too many folks were rude to staff when they didn't get their requests, so Randymon posted a note saying no preferences would be taken....When you are at the resort, the staff will work with you to get you into the building you would like if it is available.

Hope this helps!
    suzyQ

You can only REQUEST when you check in. They will try to accommodate but no guarantees.

You can't do anything about a particular room allocation until you arrive, but if you are not satisfied with the room you are given, just ask at the front desk, and they will try their very best to get you in to a room that you want. The front desk staff at CSS are wonderful!!
    (Karen&Paul)

Does anyone know if a map of the location of the different buildings (or blocks) at CSS is available anywhere? For us first-timers, it is hard to visualize how the buildings are laid out.

Thanks to everyone for your tips and suggestions.