Default honeymoon..which one?

Hello everyone. We are hoping to book our honeymoon by tonight. We were looking at csa just bc of all the extras that negril has to offer. We are going for 2 weeks and our travel agent is recommending we go to cti for a week then go to csa for a week to get the experience. Although that sounds like a good idea there is so much to do at csa I can't see us getting board there or wanting to pack up our stuff and move halfway through our honeymoon. Can anyone offer some advice on this for us newbies?

I have thought about doing this also, but I do think you fall in love with the one you go to first. We certainly did and when we did the trading places for one day we couldn't wait to return to CSA. I think I'd be worried about missing the place we had just come from but people on here do it all the time and love it. I think it's down to personal choice.

We've done a split between Couples Resorts and would recommend not doing it between a resort on the Negil and Ochi side of the island. It's about a 2.5-3 hour trip across the island that's better spent on the beach or enjoying the resort. We've found it better to do a split between resorts on the same side of the island. This breaks up a long trip and allows you to fully experience both resorts.

Just stay at CSA and go to CN on a Trading Spaces day. All you have to do it sign up for Romance Rewards and then sign up for Mon, Wed, or Fri trip to CN--the other resort on the Negril side. You'll be at the other resort from 10-4 so you'll get to experience a different resort and atmosphere, etc. I would love 2 weeks at CSA. It's so beautiful and there is so much to do....or not do. You can just lay back and let it all absorb in. Have fun! CSA ROCKS!

If it was me and I had 2 weeks and had never been to Jamaica before I"d do a CTI/CSA split. That way you'll get to experience both sides of the island. And it feels like 2 vacations!
    My husband and I actually did that very thing our first trip to Jamaica and we only had 9 nights not 14 . We were first booked for just CTI(Couples Ocho Rios at at the time)but after seeing pics of CSA I really wanted to spend a few nights there also,(at the time I thought it might be my only trip to Jamaica..silly me).lol Since then we've been back to Jamaica a dozen times, and have done 3 split trips,always with an Ocho Rios resort first then a week at CSA. (if your a beach person definitely do the Ocho Rios resort first, otherwise you'll be let down with the beach if you have already experienced the beautiful 7 mile beach of Negril.
    Having said that, if you don't want to go to more than one resort I think you made a great choice in CSA. Its the one place I"ve stayed that I could happily stay for 2 weeks. The ability to easily get "off resort" and spend time on the cliffs or walk the beach make it a great choice for a longer stay. Whatever you decide I"m sure you'll have a great honeymoon!
    oh.. and transfer day is no big deal, we leave Ocho Rios early in the morning and are on CSA's beach before lunch. No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jdy2kgt View Post
    Hello everyone. We are hoping to book our honeymoon by tonight. We were looking at csa just bc of all the extras that negril has to offer. We are going for 2 weeks and our travel agent is recommending we go to cti for a week then go to csa for a week to get the experience. Although that sounds like a good idea there is so much to do at csa I can't see us getting board there or wanting to pack up our stuff and move halfway through our honeymoon. Can anyone offer some advice on this for us newbies?
    Been to all 4 and CTI offers the most and do not feel it is worth splitting trip between Negril and Ocho - too much time lost in travel when could be have a wonderful, romantic and relaxing vacation with your loved one - but do visit the neighboring resort to experience what they offer for a day - trading places whether in Negril or Ocho.

Welcome to the Couples' Family
    Paul & Debbie
    Loyalists since 1980 (our honeymoon)

I would split Tower Isle and Sans Souci both beautiful and romantic, if you want more beach to walk than CSA and day trip to CN.

CN, case closed!
    Irie,
    TonyS