Thread: Diving at CSS

Default Diving at CSS

I am looking forward to diving at CSS in early March. Anyone looking for a dive buddy (we'll be there from 2/28-3/7)? Also, what do folks wear when diving (shorty, full suit or a swim suit)?

Default Just missed you!

Quote Originally Posted by Knelson View Post
    I am looking forward to diving at CSS in early March. Anyone looking for a dive buddy (we'll be there from 2/28-3/7)? Also, what do folks wear when diving (shorty, full suit or a swim suit)?
    Darn! Amber and I will be there 3/6 - 3/12. She doesn't dive. Maybe we can plan our vacations at the same time next year. ;-)

Chris

Not going to CSS so can't help you with needing a buddy. But I can tell you that folks wear about anything when diving in Jamaica. I have a thin (can't remember those numbers) full suit but I seem to have a knack for finding jelly fish so it's not for warmth as much as for me to be able to relax and not worry about those encounters. I've also seen plenty of folks in a shorty as well as just a swim suit. I'd say it depends on your tolerance for water temps which will be 80ish. Have fun!

Knelson, If only you were going to CTI during the same time I'd be your dive buddy. My wife does not dive so I always am needing a reliable buddy. We have a list of divers that are going to be at CTI during my stay and would love to add you to that list if ever possible. The team at CSS will take good care of you. I dove with them 3 years ago and had a great time. Enjoy making bubbles!

I wore a 3mm full, as I get chilly. Hubby wore a shortie. It mainly depends on the time of year and weather. When we were there in early Jan. it was 79 at depth.
    The diving isn't the greatest in Jamaica but it's still fun and it's easy. Plus the dive team at CSS are an awesome bunch of guys! Enjoy!

When we were there in 08/09 the water was warm so we only wore skins. Others just swim suits and tee shirts. I understand the water temps don't change much season to season.

Quote Originally Posted by Knelson View Post
    Hi there!!

Chris and I will be there at the same time as you and I am very keen on learning how to dive. My husband is kinda so so.....I will gladly be your dive buddy!! You and the dive team there will just have to show me the ropes as I am a dive "virgin" so to speak....We are really excited to meet the two of you. It can"t come quick enough

Hey there! We will be there march 2-9. I just got certified at cn last summer. We are just now buying equipment, don't have a skin or suit yet. We found t shirts worked fine for us.

Looking forward to meeting you and diving with you soon!!

Kristen and Matt

7 weeks and 1 day till paradise!!!! (not that im counting or anything) I don't think I have ever been more excited for anything in my life! I am so looking forward to meeting all of you and being with my wonderful husband for an entire week and not have to share him with our kids or work! just some extra info on us.......chris is 41 and I am 38. my husband is a farmer (corn beans and cattle) and I work for John Deere selling ag parts.....our daughters arent speaking to us and i suspect they will try to stowaway in the luggage...

Default Diving at CSS

Quote Originally Posted by TAMMYH View Post
    Hi there!!

Chris and I will be there at the same time as you and I am very keen on learning how to dive. My husband is kinda so so.....I will gladly be your dive buddy!! You and the dive team there will just have to show me the ropes as I am a dive "virgin" so to speak....We are really excited to meet the two of you. It can"t come quick enough
    Hi Tammy,

My original post where I was looking for a dive buddy was actually from a year ago. However, we are returning to CSS and will be there from 2/25 - 3/4 (six weeks from today!), and I do plan on diving again. So maybe we'll meet on the dive boat. Looking forward to meeting you and Chris.

Kevin

OOOOPS! lol I totally missed that! I'm not excited or anything.....lol. 5 weeks and 5 days....I started tanning in the hopes that with a lot of help from sunscreen I won't get burned. I can't wait to feel that Jamaica sun. It's been pretty cold here and am jonesing for warm breezes. Can't wait to get there for a week alone with my hubby