Default Asking all that call CTI home for help making the leap for 2013!

Having been to all of the Couples Resorts but CTI. I am feeling as though I am missing out on a piece of paradise that couples has to offer. The hubby motto is we have loved all the Couples properties and will probably very much enjoy CTI as well. But that being said he is somewhat leaving one of our 2013 visits to Couples up to me. We have been to CSS once and CSA once and seem to have found home in CN twicelast year and are booked for this May and Nov as well. As a few of our children have grown up and have now moved on to start there new lives we have been traveling twice a year to JA. So I know there could be much worse things to do other than try to figure out what resort to book. I am still on the fence about this one. So all of you that call CTI home please share some of your highlights with me..... One of my biggest concerns is how is the diving?? We did dive while at CSS but we we very green to diving so don't really want to use that as the rule of how the diving is on the Ochi side of the Island!! I find on of the biggest draws of staying on the Negril side is the STAFF! We have made many friends that we stay in contact with while back home...

Hi Mendy,

We've only been there once and CSS still holds a special place in our hearts so our 2012 visit to JA will be a split between CTI and CSS. Unfortunately our only visit to CTI was right after the grand re-opening so we felt it would be good to try a repeat so we can see how things are since it's been up and running a couple years. Will be heading there April 13-21 and will post some pics when we get back for you and Brian to check out.

Your Jamerican Friends,

Bart & Bug

You will find the staff at CTI is every bit as good, if not better, than CN, CSA, CSS. Now I may be just a bit bias only because we have been going there since 1995. This April will be our 33 visit. We have also been to CSS once. And we too go twice a year. Even though this will be your first venture to CTI, you will still be treated as though you had been going there forever. Granted, when a repeater comes back to a resort, the staff remembers you, knows what you like, and each time you feel as though it's been a lifetime of visits. For the most part, all the staff at all the resorts have that special something that makes going to Couples an incredible heartwarming experience.

As for the diving, although we don't, everyone I have spoken with over the years, tells me it's terrific. All the guys at the dive shop are there to make the day awesome. I think you will be pleased.

The four restaurants will offer the finest cuisine, prepared by top chefs and served by warmhearted, smiling, attentive staff.

There may be certain things at the other three resorts that you won't find at CTI. but I don't think you will be unhappy. Each property has its own ambience, sights and aromas. If you go there without trying to compare one place to another, I know yu won't be disapointed. Keep an open mind.

As you know, CTI has undergone a resort wide renovation. If I were looking in a magazine for a tropical destination, and saw pictures of CTI, I would be blown away. New bright colors, new rooms added, new swim-up pool bar, new boat to the island. That's Tower Island, the au natural sunbathing island. If you are thinking of going over, don't, I repeat, don't wait until the end of your vacation to try it. For us, it is the highlight of our time there. We have met some of the most interesting people over there and many of them have been friends of ours for many years.

All in all, I think that it would be pretty difficult for a couple to go there and find enough things that they didn't like that would keep them from still having a wonderful time.

If you come back in November, we may run in to you. We'll be there from the 8-20.

I hope this convinces you to try our resort of choice. The memories that you will take home will cherished for years to come.

Welcome to our family.

Richie

CTI has THE BEST STAFF!! However, I have not had the pleasure of going to either CN or CSA, yet. I guess I am a bit biased...

Quote Originally Posted by Bart and Bug View Post
    Hi Mendy,

We've only been there once and CSS still holds a special place in our hearts so our 2012 visit to JA will be a split between CTI and CSS. Unfortunately our only visit to CTI was right after the grand re-opening so we felt it would be good to try a repeat so we can see how things are since it's been up and running a couple years. Will be heading there April 13-21 and will post some pics when we get back for you and Brian to check out.

Your Jamerican Friends,

Bart & Bug
    Thanks so much guys! We'd love to see your pics of CTI! Even though we still see CN as "home", we'd still love to split time throughout the year with one of the others too. Since we haven't been to CTI yet, it's hard to resist the lure of the only one we haven't been to yet. Brian says he owes you an email and will get it written soon! We hope you guys are having a good winter so far. You lucky ducks are going to beat us back to Jamaica :-)

Your JamaiKan friends,
    Brian and Mendy

Thanks so much Richie and rae_Dave! Richie, we know from reading the board that you absolutely love CTI and I think all the replies helped so much! We know that Couples would never let us down, and even though every one of the four has it's own special vibe, we might just come to love CTI like you guys do. I think we'll give it a try :-)

We aren't sure yet if it will be CN in May and CTI in November or vice versa, but if we do CTI in November, it will be that second week in November 2013. We already have two booked for 2012 to CN. If we end up at CTI in November 2013, we'd love to meet you, Richie. Thanks again everybody!

Brian and Mendy

Bart & Bug

MY husband and I will be going to CTI with my mom and dad on April 16-21. It will be our frist trip to a couples resort any helpful tips you car give us? We are really excited and looking foward to our trip. Do you have any advise in particular about the au natural island, my husband has expressed interest about going but not really for sure about it as of yet. Is there any private areas for just the two of us if we would like our own privacy? Thanks for any information you can give us and maybe we will run into each other there.

My suggestion... go to CTI in November... then you will meet Richie and his lovely bride Sylvia! They are one of the best couples we have meet while on the island! Like Richie said, we have meet so many wonderful people (staff inclued), at CTI who have become life long friends- the very reason we now call it "home"!

Hi Stephanie & Mark,

Sorry we're going to miss you guys but you'll be getting there on the day that we switch over to CSS. You are going to so love your visit there at CTI. We've been to all 4 of the Couples resorts and we can honestly say there's no such thing as a bad Couples Resort. There are things we like about each resort but nothing bad about any of them! The best advice we can give is to prepare to relax and be pampered. Don't come with any expectations and just enjoy all that Jamaica and Couples has in store for you.

We weren't brave enough to try the island on our last visit to CTI 3 years ago but will be going there during our visit this time. We tried it at CN and wondered why we hadn't done it before. From other postings we've read that if this is your first time to try AN and you want privacy then go to the right after getting onto the island. The bar and pool are to the left while there are loungers to the right. The best advice I've been given, when it comes to AN, and I'm prepared to give is do it on the 1st or 2nd day. The longer you delay the less likely it is you'll give it a try. Once you've done it you'll wonder what the fuss was and will enjoy getting an all-over tan during the remainder of your visit.

Be sure to sign up for the Romance Rewards program. One of the perks is to be able to do the "Trading Places" visit over to CSS. We'll be there from the 16th, our anniversary, to the 21st. If you come over maybe we can meet up there. CSS has an AN beach also.

Keep in touch!

Bart & Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Mendy View Post
    Thanks so much guys! We'd love to see your pics of CTI! Even though we still see CN as "home", we'd still love to split time throughout the year with one of the others too. Since we haven't been to CTI yet, it's hard to resist the lure of the only one we haven't been to yet. Brian says he owes you an email and will get it written soon! We hope you guys are having a good winter so far. You lucky ducks are going to beat us back to Jamaica :-)

Your JamaiKan friends,
    Brian and Mendy
    You're welcome! One of these days we're gonna have to plan a meet-up in JA or around here.

We consider CSS as our first home in JA since that's we got married. CN is our second home in JA just because we like it best of the Couples resorts on that side of the island. So, what we tend to do is a split between 2 resorts on the same side of the island. We try to stay at the resort we least like first for 3 days and then spend the next week at our "home" resort before having to take the sad bus ride.

I have some CTI pics on my Flickr! account but will have some updated ones after our visit in April.

Tell Brian "no problem, mon" on the e-mail. We know how busy life can be. We've had a great winter so far and hope things have been good for you guys too. We are so ready to go back to Jamaica and wish we could go a couple times a year like you guys.

Will look to hear from you soon!

You're JamOklahoman Friends,

Bart & Bug

Default Bart & Bug/Stephanie and Mark

My fiancé and I will be getting married on CTI 4/21 and we are bringing 60 people with us. We look forward to meeting you.

Brandi & Steve I just saw this post. I had forgotten all about it. So I just wanted to welcome you to our wonderful Couples family and congratulate you on your upcoming marriage. And bringing 60 people. WOW. We have seen some large groups that have come down for weddings over the years, but I think your group is the largest. I hope both of you are gong to make it to the island so that we can meet you before we leave on the 24. 60 people. WOW.

Yea, it is a really fun group of people and 54 of us have never been to a couples resort and none of the 6 have been to CTI. A lot of people have no idea what to expect and I am going to try to keep it that way so everyone is pleasantly surprised.

Most of us are going from 4/17-4/23. All of us are getting excited.

Steve

We have gone to CTI and CN. Both are wonderful and unique in there own way. Can't beat the beach at CN. Can't beat the staff at CTI. Every staff member at CTI knew our name on day 2, and CN also had super service. But in both resorts you get from them what you put into them. You should at least try CTI, your couples experience won't be complete without it. Enjoy your trip.