Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Crazy Repeaters!!

I thought all you repeaters were crazy! Who would be so narrow minded as to travel to the same place time and time again when the world is so big and there's so much to see. I even considered switching resorts before our trip because I thought the whole Couples repeater thing seemed a bit cult-ish, and I thought we might feel out of place, or treated differently because we were newbies. I couldn't have been more wrong.

CSA was beyond my highest expectations. I was worried they were too high after reading all of the glowing reviews. Not the case. Soon, hopefully, I will be able to classify myself as one of those dreadful repeaters. My biggest problem now, is do I open my narrow mind enough to try a different Couples when it seems impossible to top, or even come close, to CSA?

We were the same way on our first visit to then, COR, now CTI. We met a couple who had been there 21 times. We couldn't believe it. I said to my wife, "Why would anyone go back to the same resort so many times? Doesn't it get boring"? By the end of our second day, we began to understand why.
    That was in 1995. This April we will return to CTI for our 33 visit. We also have one to CSS. It's just like the TV commercials that say, "Once you go, you know". You certainly do. We never in a million years would have thought that we would have become repeaters. Now, we can't imagine not returning. Couples is doing something right. That's for sure.
    And many others have the same problem that you do. Should we go to one of the other Couples resorts or stay with what we know we love? Everyone should have that problem. If you think that you had a great time on your first trip, wait until you have your fifth or twentieth or fiftieths. It just keeps getting better and better and better and............

Narrow-minded? Wow! I've been with the same man for 30 years; does that make me a prude?

If I understand your post correctly, you think vacations are best spent traveling to new places and seeing new things. My husband and I prefer to relax on our vacation, and returning to a place that we love, with which we're familiar and comfortable, where we know what to expect, and where we've made friends enables us to do that as soon as we clear customs.

Different people have different preferences; neither is right or wrong, and that someone doesn't like the things that you do doesn't make them narrow-minded. Believing that your way is the only way, however, does.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Great post and welcome to the cult!

We felt the same way about CN which was our first Couples experience. After two visits there, we were planning a third and then found out some friends were planning their return to CSS. They talked about how fantastic it was and talked us into going there with them. We probably would have declined if it wasn't a Couples resort but we "bit the bullet" and went.
    Incredible! We loved it so much so we returned the next year. It was CSA the following year, back to CN last year and back to CSS in 2013.
    We are so glad that we checked out two of the other Couples resorts. Not that returing every year to CN would be bad but we were able to see how different each one is and how they all have one thing in common; great food, service, staff, pools, inclusions, etc.
    CN is our "home" Couples as CSA will no doubt be yours. It's a first time sorta thing.
    For us, CN has only a very slight edge over CSS as our favorite and I think that's why... it was our first.
    No matter which way you choose, it's all good.

Seeeeeeeeeeeee!

Welcome to the craze Westonsmom!! We first went to CN '09 and fell in love with the resort. I felt the same, that I didn't want to just keep going to the same resort. That's what makes having four unbelievable resorts so awesome cause you can mix it up!

We went to CSA in '10, fell deeper in love....seriosuly debated if we could go to Ochi & give up that beach? But we stayed strong & were super happy we did when we arrived at CTI '11!! Now we will be completing the set in 14 days CSS!! We know that many of the creature comforts will be the same but so many little surprises await! Every resort is unique, some pros & cons at all, but as the sun sets over any Couples it is all Irie!!!

CN '13, round 2 begins!

Hi Westonsmom!

Three years ago, I too could not imagine returning to the same resort year after year. I thought all of the repeaters talk was just too much. Well......three years later, we are heading back to Couples for our fourth Couples Vacation. Our first trip was to Swept Away. We were brave and booked CSS the following year(praying that we did not make a mistake for we loved CSA), where we will return for our third visit this April.

I would encourage you to open up your mind and try another Couples Resort. We love CSA for the beach and staff (hope to return there in 2013). CSS offers lovely views, tropical vegetation, room service and of course a great staff too!

We are true repeaters! I know when vacationing at Couples we will not be disappointed in the service or the accomodations. Lastly and most important......we love the smiles and warmth of the Couples staff.

Looking forward to reading about your next Couples vacation experience on the Message Board!!!

Welcome the "Crazy Repeaters Club" Westonsmom!! So glad you LOVE Couples so much! Like they say... "Once You Go (to Couples ) YOU KNOW!" We're proud Crazy Repeaters just booked our 4th trip to Couples! You should try the other Couples resorts too. We have only been to CTI and CSS so far...... Negril side next??? Sounds good!

Once you go you know.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

We discovered Couples in 2008 when we visited CSA. We have been back every year since and are headed "home" again in 11 days. We haven't been able to venture anywhere but CSA because we love it so much and are afraid we will find anywhere else disappointing. We are hoping to be able to tear ourselves away to at least do Trading Places this trip and at least spend the day at Couples Negril! We really feel that the staff at CSA are part of our family now...can't wait to be home soon!

You should try tower isle, it is a wonderful resort in every way. As to going to couples too many times, it's impossible!

We have been to all four Couples Resorts and now we are starting over again at CN. We love to travel and have visited many places all over the world but it's always a pleasure to return to a place where you are made to feel welcomed the minute you hit the front entrance . Can't wait to spend another week in paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    Narrow-minded? Wow! I've been with the same man for 30 years; does that make me a prude?

If I understand your post correctly, you think vacations are best spent traveling to new places and seeing new things. My husband and I prefer to relax on our vacation, and returning to a place that we love, with which we're familiar and comfortable, where we know what to expect, and where we've made friends enables us to do that as soon as we clear customs.

Different people have different preferences; neither is right or wrong, and that someone doesn't like the things that you do doesn't make them narrow-minded. Believing that your way is the only way, however, does.
    I don't think you read more than two lines.

Ha! My husband thought I was crazy when we booked our HM at CSA because I poured over these websites for hours. He also said there was no way we'd come back again because he wanted to go to new places and see different things. Needless to say he changed his tune when we arrived at the resort and new exactly where everything was and what to do etc. He loved the resort and we've gone back once a year since our HM.

We've gone to CSA and CSS and will be going back to CSS again in a few weeks and will try to take a day trip to CTI to check it out. I say try different resorts and worst case if you hate it (not likely) you can see if you can switch to another one...I know couples does everything possible to make their guests happy.

We have been 4 times in 5 years and will be 5 this December. Never done so anywhere else.

I have been trying to talk my beautiful bride into going back to Couples for the 10th time. she keeps saying that we need to look for to a different place. I am sorry, I don't want kids at the bar hollering and screaming, crazy adults doing weird things etc. It is hard to find somewhere as nice as Couples. We have been to all four resorts. Some as guests, and some as day passes. I can't wait to get back. Please help me talk my beautiful bride into heading back.
    GREANJAC

Our fourth annual trip is scheduled for November. Honeymoon in 2009 at CTI, and CN ever since.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Greenjac, aren't you the Guy that posted probably the best picture I've seen on this board of your group at the swimup bar at CSA? I would think that might spur many fond memories for your wife. Can you post it again pretty please so we all can get a good chuckle?

[SIZE=3]I, too, thought the idea of repeaters was just a little bizarre. That is, until we arrived at Couples (we did a CN and CSS split last September). We are now booked to return September 2012 and 2013....to CSS! I swear I am going to do a trading places day at CTI this year, so we can check that out also. I completely understand the commercial now "Once you go, you know". I cannot wait to be able to accomplish 2 visits a year !

Greanjac, I am having the same problem with my wife. Although we have only been twice, I still want to make it a third and she keeps saying we should do something different. She also thinks it costs to much to go. I added up the cost of going somewhere like Vegas and it was not that much different. I do want to see some other places, but would probably be happy to go back to Jamaica for several more visits. Maybe they will come around.

I completely agree greanjac...I can only hope your beautiful bride comes around.

Returning to CN April 12 (1 month!).

Quote Originally Posted by Partyoftwo View Post
    I don't think you read more than two lines.

That's because she apparently knows everything already....

We joined the "crazy repeaters" club in 2007. We have been back every year and have stayed at all 4 Couples Resorts. We definitely have our favorites but we love them all.
    2007 CSA/CSS
    2008 CN/CSA
    2009 CN
    2010 CTI
    2011 CN
    2012 CTI
    2013 ??? We are thinking CSS

Quote Originally Posted by westonsmom View Post
    My biggest problem now, is do I open my narrow mind enough to try a different Couples when it seems impossible to top, or even come close, to CSA?
    .....Be adventuresome. Each resort is different.

We couldn't get CSA out of our minds. We always talked about going to different places, but when you feel so comfortable in such a beautiful place, you just want to go back. We are going back for our 3rd time in the fall of 2013. Welcome to the family.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast