Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Asian restaurant at CSS?

We just returned from CTI and met the Thai chef at Bayside. She claimed that Couples was planning to make an Asian restaurant at CSS in the future. We wondered if one of the existing retaurants was changing to Asian food or an additional restaurant was being added? Lychee was added to CN but Bayside was switched from Italian to Asian at CTI. CSS currently only has 3 restaurants. We are not fond of Asian food and would be disappointed if one of the 3 offered only Asian cuisine

Wife and I are going to CSS April 2013, I hope this happens before then! We love Asian food!!!

CSS April 29-May 10, 2013

after trips to CSA & CN we decided to go to CSS last year. We absolutely loved it there, but kept wishing there was an Asian restaurant. Restaurant selection at CSS is small, so it would be nice if they added one w/o changing the others, but if they had to convert one of the others we would be ok w/that too.

When we were at CSS last year, we heard rumors of a private land purchase between A block and SSB where an Asian restaurant would be built. Hoping its there in April 2013 when we go!

Asian would be fantastic! I am going in April, 2013 as well! Getting Married 4/22

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin76 View Post
    Hoping its there in April 2013 when we go!
    What part of April 2013 you going? We will be there April 29th-May 6th (at least). Still contemplating adding days....

Quote Originally Posted by va couple View Post
    What part of April 2013 you going? We will be there April 29th-May 6th (at least). Still contemplating adding days....
    Right now, we've booked April 30 - May 7... but we too are contemplating adding a few days. We always say 'we wish we had a few more days...' but we have 3 kids so Grandma can only survive a week, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin76 View Post
    Right now, we've booked April 30 - May 7... but we too are contemplating adding a few days. We always say 'we wish we had a few more days...' but we have 3 kids so Grandma can only survive a week, I think.
    We'll definitely be there during the same time!

CSS April 29-May 10, 2013

I'll bet it is in the expansion plan. CSS has plans to build another 150 rooms in the future,I believe, and a new AN area out on the rocky point.

Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    I'll bet it is in the expansion plan. CSS has plans to build another 150 rooms in the future,I believe, and a new AN area out on the rocky point.
    Anyone hear of any official timeline for these renovations? I ask for two reasons, 1) wonder if we will get to use the new facilities when we travel & 2) wonder if a lot of construction will be ongoing when we are there...might detract from peaceful days on beach!

plans are drawn, but financing is not in place yet. Trust that I will let everyone know if/when any expansion of CSS is confirmed. Nothing for now.

Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    plans are drawn, but financing is not in place yet. Trust that I will let everyone know if/when any expansion of CSS is confirmed. Nothing for now.
    Say it ain't so!!!! We're headed to CSS next BECAUSE it is smaller and intimate.

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Thanks Randy!

Randymon, I am actually disappointed to hear that CSS may be expanding. Another restaurant may be nice but not more rooms. We love CSS just the way it is and love that it is the smallest of the Couples resorts. That's why we keep coming back. I'd be interested to hear other opinions. We would definitely want to know when construction would start because we'd go to CN that year and we book a year in advance. Coming to CSS this year in April.

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaandBruce.PA View Post
    Randymon, I am actually disappointed to hear that CSS may be expanding. Another restaurant may be nice but not more rooms. We love CSS just the way it is and love that it is the smallest of the Couples resorts. That's why we keep coming back. I'd be interested to hear other opinions. We would definitely want to know when construction would start because we'd go to CN that year and we book a year in advance. Coming to CSS this year in April.
    I'm with you on that one for sure BrendaandBruce.PA.
    One of the things we love about CSS is the intimacy of the resort. I think CSS may end up be more like CSA as a result. I know there are a lot of fans of CSA and it has it's great features but for us the very size of CSA was what we didn't care for. We now switch between CN and CSS. If they turn CSS into another CSA, we'll just have to stick with CN which is OK. I just hope there aren't plans to expand CN in the future too. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaandBruce.PA View Post
    SSB is perfect the way it is now!!!! Our 4th trip to Sans Souci in Aug & hopefully there isn't any construction between A block & SSB!!!!!!

Excellant, glad to hear this news. I would love some good Asian at CSS. That would complete the deal for me.

I too love CSS the way it is, a more intimate resort, adding 150 rooms would really detract from that and I probably wouldn't go again. So this Feb might be the last time.

If I want bigger I can go to CSA.

Default Love the intimate settings of CSS 150 room addition not so much.

I really love how small all of the couples resorts are on the Ochi side. I'd love a CSS to have an Asian restaurant however, 150 more rooms would make it as big as CSA which gives it less of an intimate setting. I love CTI and CSS because they are not the super resorts. I love the people and grounds that Couples offers on the Ochi side. For me nothing is worse than being surrounded by 100 plus strangers on the beach on my romantic vacation. I'd rather they not change a thing and be without an Asian option at CSS. I will do a split stay for two weeks so I can go to both CSS and CTI

I'm with the aboved responders....please don't add that many rooms, Randymon, it would take away from the intimacy that we LOVE about CSS! An asian restaurant would be good, though. Would having an "asian night" at Pallazina and/or Casanova once a week work? Or, as to putting the asian restaurant between SSB and Block A, doesn't Couples already own that land?

we are also with every one on this..if the asian resturant also means more rooms then i am totally ok without the new resturant..hopefully no construction early march 2013

we are also going to be there in April 2013 and hope to hear more news about this as it unfolds!

Plus CSA has a much larger beach. The beach would be ruined by overcrowing I fear.

Quote Originally Posted by zaraforty View Post
    Plus CSA has a much larger beach. The beach would be ruined by overcrowing I fear.
    Excellent point Zaraforty! I hadn't even considered the beach impact of adding 150 more rooms.
    We're planning on CSS for April 2013, now I'm not sure what to do since we haven't booked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rjammin View Post
    We're planning on CSS for April 2013, now I'm not sure what to do since we haven't booked yet.
    LOL
    He already posted that financing is not in place yet.
    Even if it were, NOTHING in Jamaica happens that quickly. If they announced today plans for finishing in Mar 2013, I'd put big money on Jan 2014, or later. (That's not a Couples thing, rather it is a JA thing).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast