Default Does anyone else...

When all is said and done at the end of the day, I have curled up in bed after taking all my meds and am wrapping up my day, I grab my iPad and surf over to Couples.com I end my day on a Jamaica note and all feels right with the world. I have a moment of sanity. Anyone else? I enjoy the final few moments of the day browsing the website and dreaming of my trip home. There is just something about the Couples family that sends me off to lala land with a smile on my face and wonderful dreams of my adopted homeland. How do you end your day?
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Coloradojuli,
    I like how you think! I get up early, drink coffee, and read the board. I start the workday with a smile every day!
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

I start my day by checking the airline status for our next trip and browsing the board. I also change my computer desktop to a different photo of a past trip. This all gives me a mindset of its all good and helps me get through the day.

Soon come!

Life is good

I know that you are not alone. Whether it's first thing in the morning or as soon as you get home or, as you said, the last thing in the evening, the satisfaction and quiet joy we receive from our adopted Couples family members, soothes our overworked brain, calms our jangled nerves and gives us peace of mind. The thoughts and experiences we are all bound by through Couples, has made the dream of a great man, Abe Issa, an impact that not even he could have foreseen. Couples is so much more than "just a vacation".

A few years ago I recorded the sounds of the ocean and tree frogs at CTI - so whenever I need to relax I just listen to those wonderful sounds.

Also back in 1980 after our first trip to Couples I attended a stress management course and the guest speaker was Stella Nouri (the mother of Michael Nouri in the movie "Flashdance'). She had us close our eyes and vision a beautiful memory. My first vision was the ocean waves from our trip. So when I close my eyes at night and my mind is racing I vision that wonderful sight. Try it - it works for me.

YES ! I can be really depressed, go to Couples website or message board and be instantly transported to serenity.

I, too, often change my wallpaper to a past snapshot of our time at CSS. 459 days...

I usually pour a glass of wine,turn on radio margaritaville for some island music and go to couples.com. This intensifies as my visit home draws near. oh except for the wine.

Another Juli with no "E" here.

When I'm feeling particularly irritable at work I just look up at my Couples Calendar and pretend I am on the beach.

Oh my !!!!!!!!!! I am not alone hahahahaha
    I have my morning coffee and after checking emails, go straight here!!! and apparently later in the day.....
    like right now CSA May 24th Trip # 3
    wooooooooo hoooooooooo
    booked for Dec 28th as well
    just saying this for the newbies that wonder if they should book, DO IT

Just booked our 2nd trip ( June for our 5 year anniversary)...just joined the boards...and addicted to reading every night. It can't get here fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Juli View Post
    Another Juli with no "E" here.

Welcome to the board Juli with no " E". Nice to meet someone else who is e-less
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I hear ya Beach-bum...we leave for CTI on 7/20 and I have already started the daily flight pricing search. I have all my favorite flights picked and check them daily until I feel like I have my best price combined with my best available times!!! Aside from that I am set up on every fare checker you can imagine...I think. Feel free to post your favorite airfare tracker.
    Eric & Rachael, New Braunfels TX
    CTI 2010
    CN/CTI 2011
    CTI 2012
    CTI 2013 (Gotta Love Early Booking Specials)

Shhhh!! don't tell, but i'm at work right now checking the MB and transporting myself back home where serenity and my sanity is found...and we only left a week ago....seems like it'll be forever til we're back....

im afraid ive also become addicted to this board, even though i havnt been to couples yet. just change my plans so we will be there in the summer. i was actually born in jamaica(kingston/st. andrew) but live in the uk now, so i always laugh at the fact that alot of my friends here know more about the resort areas better than me lol not anymore though, couples here i come!

sorry double posted
    Last edited by jayb; January 31st, 2012 at 04:52 PM.