Default CSA Sportscomplex

Had a few ?'s regarding the "hidden gem" across the street
    1. Are there any showers guests can use over at the sports complex (without participating in a paid spa treatment) so one could workout on the cardio/weight equipment then shower afterwards so we could then hit the lap pool and/or sports bar?

2. Assuming if there are showers, then there would be a place to change from workout clothes to bathing suit to swim a few laps and then change into something dry to enjoy one of those famous smoothies or shoot a game of pool?

3. Do they still serve Guiness at the sports bar? Just thinking after a few days of frozen fruity drinks, a few Guiness and a game of pool might be in order.

4. Is there ever any issues using the equipment if there are organized classes going on?

5. And any other tips/suggestions on the sports complex? We aren't big fitness freaks but like to have a light workout each morning to start the day.

Can't answer the shower question, but there is Guiness at the bar. One morning I tried the infused water up on the bar....unique tasting, but had good digestive bonuses. Also, he made me a smoothie with lots of fresh fruits and different ground nuts for protein.

Oh, and there is a running trail that my husband did a few times each morning. Definitely work out in the morning because it'll get too hot as the day goes on. Have fun. We love CSA. It's awesome.

Hi Traveler99,
    Yes there are locker rooms behind the desk at the sports complex. You do not have to go into the spa area. They have lockers for your belongs and showers. They even have towels for you to use while over there working out and showering. There is a separate building for exercise classes so the equipment is not an issue. That is except for the RPM bikes which are limited in number. I never saw a line waiting to use any of the equipment but then again I was never there early in the morning which is probably prime time. The beer is good but a nice refreshing drink is their guava smoothie. Enjoy your time in Paradise, aka CSA!
    Steve

We, too, like to use the cardio equipment and running trail before swimming a few laps to wind down in the lap pool. There are M/F locker rooms with shower and chaging bays. We bring our swimsuits so we can take a quick shower after our workout and then swim. There is also a whirlpool that we relax in after we swim our laps.

And yes, they do still serve Guiness.

Yes there are showers! There is a mens and womans locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by traveler99 View Post
    had a few ?'s regarding the "hidden gem" across the street
    1. Are there any showers guests can use over at the sports complex (without participating in a paid spa treatment) so one could workout on the cardio/weight equipment then shower afterwards so we could then hit the lap pool and/or sports bar?
    Yes they have a state of the art outdoor shower in the back of spa. You can change in the large men and women lockers even if you are not having a spa treatment

2. Assuming if there are showers, then there would be a place to change from workout clothes to bathing suit to swim a few laps and then change into something dry to enjoy one of those famous smoothies or shoot a game of pool?
    In the locker complex

3. Do they still serve guiness at the sports bar? Just thinking after a few days of frozen fruity drinks, a few guiness and a game of pool might be in order.
    Not sure about guiness at the sports bar

4. Is there ever any issues using the equipment if there are organized classes going on?
    No issues because because the organized classes are in the building right next to the cardio and weight room.

5. And any other tips/suggestions on the sports complex? We aren't big fitness freaks but like to have a light workout each morning to start the day.
    the equipmetnt/cardio/weight room is open air with fans. Where the organized classes are held is fully enclosed and air conditioned

the grounds are so beautiful at csa that you might want to consider talking walks thru them instead of working out in the sports complex every day

Yes...there is a locker room to change in with showers. There's two separate rooms...one for the classes and one with the workout equipment so the classes won't interfere. Two tips...use the running trail...it's a beautiful run...and sign up for tennis lessons with the tennis pros.

1. There is a shower/locker room attached to the Sports Complex that is separate from the Spa. It also has a sauna. If you want to use the lockers, you can get a key from the sports centre reception desk. This is also useful if you have a late checkout. The lockers will hold most carry-ons.
    2. See #1.
    3. Don't know.
    4. The gym with weights and cardio machines is a separate building from the studio. I use the studio for stretching and floor exercises. Classes are generally given in the studio or on the beach. Spin classes are in the studio and the bikes are there. These classes usually don't start until 9 AM. I overlapped with a class once and the instructor didn't mind me continuing doing my thing. The studio is really large for the size of the classes.
    5. Try a tennis clinic or an aquasize class in the lap pool. There is a half mile running/walking/fitness track around the tennis courts.

Default CSA Sportscomplex

Yes there are showers in the facilities closest to the gym....you can also request a locker. Enjoy!

Hi! We were at CSA the end of November 2011. We spent early mornings at the Sports Complex, and watched a few football games in the afternoon/evening. We also used the Spa.

Yes, there are showers and a locker room where you can store your stuff. There are locks (electronic) on the lockers. There is soap (but I can't remember about shampoo) in the showers. Very few people seem to use these facilities, and they're very clean.

3. Do they still serve Guiness at the sports bar? Just thinking after a few days of frozen fruity drinks, a few Guiness and a game of pool might be in order.
    No Guinness this time around, although they do serve Red Stripe and all kinds of sports drinks and Red Bull. Also, no food is served there, so if you want snacks, you may want to raid Sea Grapes for their chips and dips and bring some over....

The classes are given in a different area. We did spinning in the air-conditioned spin/pilates/yoga room. While we were spinning there we're people also working on the punching bag and stretching. The music was so loud we couldn't hear the punching, so no problem.

You should try to hit the gym before 8:00AM, as it gets very hot, and they have ceiling fans, but the gym itself (with the weights and cardio equipment) is all open-air. You can always make an appointment with one of the fitness instructors to devise a light workout for you - they're really nice, even though most of them totally look like they could kick your butt!! You might also want to think about taking a walk on the track around the fitness center. This is really nice, as you go by the tennis courts and are generally partially shaded. I don't remember, but I think 4x around is a mile. And early in the AM is cool. You could also take a morning walk on the beach before the sun gets too hot - maybe before breakfast??

HAVE FUN!!!!

Hi Traveler! Yes, there are large bathroomsover by the desk when you first come into the sports complex. Spa is on the left and bathrooms are on the right. I'm almost positive there are showers in there. We didn't use the equipment much but used the walking trail one morning and swam laps and used the whirlpool one morning as well. You are right, it is a "hidden gem"!