Default CSA Recommendations

Less than a week and I will be at CSA. Looking for suggestions on menu items that were exceptional, things we really need to try. Also of the included activities like the catamaran cruise, glass bottom boat, Margaritaville, sunset bar etc which are really worth it. Have already printed out everyone's fave drinks from another post and have quite a task ahead to get through them all but think I can manage.

Food: Off the top of my head (and it's been a few years) - jerk chicken pizza at Patios Patio, snapper sandwich at Seagrapes, sweet potato chips at Seagrapes, there is a soup at the Palms some days that is good, I think pepper pot soup (?). The appetizer sampler at Lemongrass. The risotto at Patios Patio.

Of the included activities, I've only done the catamaran cruise. We did it finally on our last trip, which was our 3rd trip, and really regretted not having gotten off our butts to do it before. We definitely plan to do that again, maybe more than once, on this next trip. I've heard Margaritaville is an overratted, overpriced tourist trap.

The pizza at Patois Patio is really good. We enjoyed the catamaran cruise and the snorkeling is really fun. Take a banana along snorkeling to feed to the fish. They will swim right up to you.

Dessert sampler and pressed blue mountain coffee at Feathers. The Beach Bonfire is a must do. For the extra money, many people talked about the nighttime snorkeling . They said it was great to be in the ocean when it was dark, and they saw many different things that you do not see during the day. ( I think it was $30, we did not do it ). If you did not sign up for Romance Rewards before your trip, I would recommend it before you leave, in case you want to do Trading Places to Couples Negril. ENJOY

Snapper Sandwich at Seagrapes and Breakfast Pizza at Patios!!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

My fav on our last trip...fish tacos at Seagrapes.

Snapper in green curry at Lemongrass.

Calalloo at the Palms for breakfast every day.

Papaya as many times a day as I can get it.

Soursop smoothies at the sports complex juice bar.

And don't forget to try the Jamaican specialties on the breakfast buffet each morning. I love the ackee and saltfish. Yumm. (And it's the national dish of Jamaica.)

Also, I second the snapper sandwich and sweet potato chips at Seagrapes. That's my favorite lunch.

I like all the activities in the water. The glass bottom boat tour isn't a long event like the cat cruise but it's cool. We will do it again I am sure. We saw some turtles and rays along with the fish and sea stars/starfish. Snorkeling is really fun and you can go a bunch of times because they go out so often. We liked the hobie cats and those big water tricycle things too. We probably won't do the sunset bar thing again because we really just sat there. It was pretty but wasn't really our thing.

Nick really liked the mac daddy drink. I think it's non-alcoholic but he has been waiting on another one of those.

I agree with others - def. the pizza at Patios.
    Also, sweet potato chips and dips at Seagrapes as well as any of their salads.
    I love the gnocchi appetizer at the Palms as well as any of their pastas and breakfast items.
    Beef patties at Cabana grill and onion rings.
    Anything at Lemongrass!

Banana Stuffed French Toast at Patois Patio.
    nobody's favorite poster

Please stop....I'm getting soooo hungry.

Lots of good suggestions and recommendations up there. But a couple of words for you to think about:

You will not be able to do, eat or drink everything in a week. Take in the suggestions made by the good people of the message board and make note of them, but don't expect to experience everything on your first trip to CSA. Adjust your attitude and goals to relax and have fun. Try to hit all the restaurants at least once for at least one meal because you won't get to every meal offered at every restaurant. You won't be able to test every drink concoction available, if you try you will be falling down and passing out. You won't be able to hit all the various activities and excursions because there just isn't enough time to do it all.

You will have a blast just doing what ever seems interesting at the moment. Try to be as spontaneous as you can, don't try to plan too much, but do plan to relax and enjoy the vibe of Jamaica. Sit in the sun and sweat. Float on the water and doze off. Enjoy the time with your wife (or husband). Hold hands, walk the grounds and the beach. Share a bowl of soup or a sandwich. Sleep in or get up early as you like. There are tons of things to do, eat and drink. Enjoy what you can and don't have regrets for what you missed. If you are like most of us, you will be planning your next trip to CSA on the bus ride to the airport the day you leave. Then you can add to your list of experiences at CSA.

You are going to love CSA. You will have the best vacation ever, I promise.

Smoked salmon scrambled eggs at Patois for breakfast... WOW.....what a way to start the day... and coupled with the banana stuffed french toast...paradise!

Fish tacos at seagrapes and the soup on any menu at any restaurant.
    There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage ~Mark Twain

Wow thanks for all the replies. Seems we have a lot of eating and drinking to do. Will try to get in as many of these favorites as I can. The snapper comes up over and over so will definitly try that, the pizza is a no brainer for me as it is one of my fave foods so glad it is good and although I am not usually a dessert person the sampler sounds like something that cannot be passed up.

How long is the cat cruise and at what time do they go out. We usually get into a very relaxed state very quickly but I really want to try at least a couple of the activities.

If you want to get off the resort for a few hours, book the YS Falls trip. BEAUTIFUL! You get to see some really nice countryside and you're only gone for 1/2 a day. Last year when we went, we got to swim out in the falls and a local guy took our camera and snapped tons of pics of us swimming and jumping off the falls. Then you just tip him (we gave him $10 -- worth it to get all those fun pics!).

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    Lots of good suggestions and recommendations up there. But a couple of words for you to think about:

You will not be able to do, eat or drink everything in a week. Take in the suggestions made by the good people of the message board and make note of them, but don't expect to experience everything on your first trip to CSA. Adjust your attitude and goals to relax and have fun. Try to hit all the restaurants at least once for at least one meal because you won't get to every meal offered at every restaurant. You won't be able to test every drink concoction available, if you try you will be falling down and passing out. You won't be able to hit all the various activities and excursions because there just isn't enough time to do it all.

You will have a blast just doing what ever seems interesting at the moment. Try to be as spontaneous as you can, don't try to plan too much, but do plan to relax and enjoy the vibe of Jamaica. Sit in the sun and sweat. Float on the water and doze off. Enjoy the time with your wife (or husband). Hold hands, walk the grounds and the beach. Share a bowl of soup or a sandwich. Sleep in or get up early as you like. There are tons of things to do, eat and drink. Enjoy what you can and don't have regrets for what you missed. If you are like most of us, you will be planning your next trip to CSA on the bus ride to the airport the day you leave. Then you can add to your list of experiences at CSA.

You are going to love CSA. You will have the best vacation ever, I promise.

Very, very good response! I love this post. I'm a planner myself (lots of lists and calendars - all color-coded) but this is definitely one of the best pieces of advice about Couples and so true!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Amy, thanks for the kind words. I think I may have actually blushed a bit when I read them.

dirtleg, I also thought this was very good and true advice. We found out that out Oct 08. We realized when we returned all of the things we DIDN'T do and still had a blast. We return in 37 days and plan to do some of the things we enjoyed last time along with a few of the things we missed.

Perfect advice, super touching!!! ; )

Tooteep, the cat cruise leaves about 3-330 and you come back about 530 PR so just in time for the world class sunsets. We always bring. 5 dollars each for tipping the crew as they are not Couples employees. They sail to Rick's cafe so you can take a peek at the divers but not get off. They also stop at the caves so we can swim around for about a half hour and if you are daring, take a ride off the slide. It's so much fun and not to be missed!

All great and all making me hungry!! One thing I didn't see mentioned was the spring rolls at the Cabana Grill. They usually have them in the evening hours and oh my goodness, they are DELICIOUS!