Default Split Vacation Between Different Resorts?

Hello,

I have never been to couples but I am planning my Honeymoon for this July. I was told by a few friends that Couples is the BEST! So naturally I started poking around the website.

The fiance and I are having a hard time deciding between resorts, and we are planning at least a 10 day honeymoon. I have seen other folks on here talk about "splitting" time between two resorts...how do you do that? Does Couples arrange transport for you from the Ocho Rios side of the island to the Negril side?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

-Brandi

Brandi- Congrats on your upcoming marriage. You are going to love Couples. Since you will only be there for 10 days, I wouldn't switch resorts. You will waste a whole day just packing, unpacking and traveling to the other resort. Which ever side of the island you choose, you should sign up for Romance Rewards and then you will be able to do a Trading Spaces to the other resort on that side of the island. You can still experience another Couples resort, but you don't have to move all your stuff.

Also, since you will be honeymooning, make sure you get those perks too. 1/2 hour couples massage, and a couple other things. Just bring your program, marriage certificate, or something that shows you were married in the last 30 days. You are going to love your stay. Good luck deciding.

I'm not sure about transportation across the island. Twice we have split between CN and CSA. Quick ride mid-day, no additional cost. Those two resorts are on different beaches and VERY different resorts. I would recommend it. CSA beach front is probably worth the upgrade. We love Couples!

Brandi,

Congrats on the upcoming wedding. Yes, Couples will set up the transportion between resorts on a split-stay at no extra cost to you. The thing to be aware of is that it's a 2.5-3 hour trip between the resorts on the Ocho Rios and Negil sides of the island. We've done it once and would recommend doing a split between two resorts on the same side of this island. This gives you the ability to experience both resorts and minimize the disruption in your vacation/honeymoon. As Margi pointed out...make sure you sign up for Romance Rewards and to get the perks for spending your honeymoon at Couples. Enjoy your stay!

Bart & Bug

we did a Sans Souci Swept Away split stay last year. it was a 3 hour transfer between the resorts and we picked when we wanted to go. was a real good transfer provided by Couples .

Randy

it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

I think it's a great idea to do a split trip. On arrival at the first resort just tell the staff that you're splitting the trip and ask them how you can get transportation between the two. You can check out of the first one at check out time (or see if you can get a later check out) then when you arrive at your second location you could have lunch or a snack until you can check in there. We split between CN (Negril side) 9 days and CTI (Ocho Rios side)7 days, on one trip. Couples did the transfer for us from one to the other. We left CN at 1:15pm and were checking in at CTI at 4:30pm. You may have to detour for a pick up at the airport to pick up or drop off some guests but the wait wouldn't be too long. Since you'll be 10 days I would tend to opt for a transfer between the 2 resorts in the same area since they're only about 10 minutes away from each other. Then, on your next trip you can check out the other 2 resorts.
    For us, we love CN for lots of reasons. We've been to CN, CTI and CSS and they all have their special draws. I like the beaches better in Negril, the weather tends to be more favourable, the food choices are wonderful and even the ride to Negril (all along the ocean) is more appealing. CTI and CSS are each on their private beaches, and although significantly smaller, you won't get any people from other resorts crossing the beach.

I don't think I would do a split again. We did one last year, spent several days at CSS and the went to CN. We loved CSS and going to CN was like returning home (it was our 7th trip) but the split was too disruptive.

Couples did a wonderful job, we had a wonderful driver and the drive was not that bad at all about 2.5 hours. It was the packing and unpacking that drove us nuts. So this year we are just going to CSS (unless I can talk hubby into New Years at CN).

Congrats on your marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Irie at CN View Post
    You may have to detour for a pick up at the airport to pick up or drop off some guests but the wait wouldn't be too long.

This is no longer true. It used to be the case, but now all resort to resort transfers are staight through. We have done this 4 times and if you leave at 6:00 am, the transfer takes less than 2-1/2 hours.

However, with only 10 days for your honeymoon, I would just go to the best one, Couples Negril, and stay there for the entire 10 days.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Is there extra cost to spliting the trip between 2 different resorts

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Is there extra cost to spliting the trip between 2 different resorts
    No extra cost for the transfer or splitting between resorts, but I wouldn't do a split unless you are staying for 2 weeks or longer.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Default Both sides of heaven!

Can't wait for our split of CTI and CN , starting on June 28th!!

Kari,

No, there's no extra cost. The beauty of all-inclusive.

We did a CN/CTI split last year and yes Couples provided the Transport. It is a few hours from one-side to the other but we like to look at that part as an excursion

CTI is our Couples home so splits allow us to have our cake and eat it too!!!
    Eric & Rachael, New Braunfels TX
    CTI 2010
    CN/CTI 2011
    CTI 2012
    CTI 2013 (Gotta Love Early Booking Specials)

I wouldn't do it for a 10 day trip. 2 weeks...definitely. One thing to keep in mind if you are leaving within a day or so of your wedding, you are going to be exhausted! That first 5 days will be over before you know it and then you're packing to leave just to settle in somewhere else. Heck, it always takes us a good 24 hours just to get into vacation mode from the traveling and leaving work behind. Pick a resort (CN and CSS are my personal favorites) and plant yourselves. Also, you'll meet all kinds of other couples while there and establish some wonderful friendships that may last for many years. I really like the suggestion Margi made of signing up for the Romance Reward program so you can go visit the other resort nearby. We've done that and it is quite fun to see the other resorts. Also, you can use those reward perks for your next trip!

We did a split last summer CSS/CN. It was for 11 days, starting with 4 days at CSS. We did not want to leave CSS and when we asked if we could just cancel our CN reservation and stay at CSS, we were told that we would loose all our money that we paid for CN, and would have to pay the current rate for 7 more days at CSS. Did not make sense to cancel and double pay. WE were sad to leave, and it took days before we started to like CN. I do not think I would do it again.