Default Out of the blue!

Hi everyone. I am about to burst with excitement as Jim gave me the ok to book a trip to CSA for 2013! I almost passed out! We have had to make some home repairs and I have some upcoming dental work that I can't ignore anymore but it's manageable as long as we stay employed of course! My little hints have worked I guess and the cold and snow ( little bit) maybe helped too.
    One of our co-workers asked us about Jamaica and said he was looking at the S and B resorts and I said ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I did my best to explain the Couples good qualities so he is thinking about booking next year too.
    I am going to wait for the 2013 rates to come out next month and see what they are like as Jim wants to go for our anniversary and the Superbowl but I'm not sure we can swing that. We had awesome weather last April so we just might wait until then. Anytime is a great time at CSA.

You can book now using the "Love-a-way" program and lock in the current rates. The catch is, since they don't have the 2013 bookings open, book something towards the end of this year (december?). Then when the 2013 dates open up, you change your dates but your rates are locked in to the current (now) special. This allows you to a) lock in the sale price & b) start the monthly $100 payments.

CSS April 29-May 10, 2013

That's exciting. Enjoy planning this next trip.

Thanks brennie, I'm very excited.
    Vacouple, I've seen this discussed before on this board and Randymon made the suggestion. We haven't decided when we are going to go yet so this might work. I did call Couples yesterday and got a quote for February 2013 and it wasn't on sale. It's the most expensive time to go but prices have gone up definitely. Thanks for the advise.

Default Yeaah!

That's awesome Jim and Sarah! We have actually decided to go this March (we have about 44 days to go!!!) and are hoping to swing next March and take some relatives... I think Jordan gets my hints too when I whine and whine about this freezing weather! We got your card in the mail the other day! Love the pics! So excited that you get to look forward to another trip!

Let me get this straight. If I book now for lets say December sometime , I get the " fall in love rates". Then when we decide our 2013 dates we can change them and still keep the old rates?

Quote Originally Posted by va couple View Post
    You can book now using the "Love-a-way" program and lock in the current rates. The catch is, since they don't have the 2013 bookings open, book something towards the end of this year (december?). Then when the 2013 dates open up, you change your dates but your rates are locked in to the current (now) special. This allows you to a) lock in the sale price & b) start the monthly $100 payments.
    we were able to book our exact dates in 2013 when we called.

Jordan and Sarah, I have gotten spoiled and we have gone somewhere warm( mostly CSA) every winter but we will have to suck it up and suffer through a Minnesota winter without going anywhere this year because of bills. I'm very excited for you guys and hope you have an awesome trip. Have a rum cream and Red Stripe for us and I will be thinking of you. Thanks so much for the note and picture, it really choked me up. You guys are a very sweet couple and we hope to meet up with you again. I want to see Jordan go off that slide on his belly again! Let me know when in March next year and maybe we can hook up. Keep in touch, sara

I wish hubby would take my hints! lol I think he gets it, he just doesn't want to commit just yet for August. Still waiting on his bonus and our tax refund info... :keepingfingerscrossed:

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    Let me get this straight. If I book now for lets say December sometime , I get the " fall in love rates". Then when we decide our 2013 dates we can change them and still keep the old rates?
    Yes, that is correct and I verified it with Randymon. Thought it was too good to be true!

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin76 View Post
    we were able to book our exact dates in 2013 when we called.
    did you get the current sale price?

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    You can book your trip now with the guarantee that if a lower rate comes along you will get that price, but you have to book through the love away plan. You are also able to change your dates with no penalty and you are guaranteed the best price. Best way to go in my opinion.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

To be clear - as an example:

If you book September 2013 at the September 2012 rates, you're gold. Your rate is protected. That said, you should not expect rate protection if you book a date in 2013 at 2012 rates and then - when the official 2013 rates are announced - change your dates to a different season. Ie you will not be protected at the exact same rate if you book September 2013 and then change your date to February 2013....

I will be announcing 2013 rates within the next 30 days.

Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by va couple View Post
    did you get the current sale price?
    We booked on Jan 17, before the increase.

I booked Saturday for December and the love away plan. We will change our dates and see what happens. Its going to cost more it appears but we have a trip to look forward to and the love away plan is a nice way to pay it down. Thanks for all your advise . I'm concerned about what the airfare might be then YIKES!

Do you know if you are currently on a Love Away Plan for summer 2012 at SS is it possible to transfer the entire stay over to CTI while keeping your rate code in tact?

This would be our 3rd CTI (1 CN) trip, we only book SS because of another couple who now can't make it...so the bottom line is we wanna go to our Couples Home but not loose the rate or resort credit we got while booking during summer 2011.

The other question is in regard to the couple who now can't make it. Can their reservation be transferred to another couple to keep the good rate too, we have other friends that would like to take over their deal??
    Eric & Rachael, New Braunfels TX
    CTI 2010
    CN/CTI 2011
    CTI 2012
    CTI 2013 (Gotta Love Early Booking Specials)

Now we are thinking about going in November. For all you November people, is it the daily afternoon shower and has the humidity dropped some? Thanks

The weather in November is gorgeous, you do have some afternoon or evening showers (10 minutes or so) and they are usually really light. The humidity is almost non-existent as well. We love that time of year, have gone the last 3 years and will be returning again this year!

We have been in November in 2010 and 2011, and are going again this year. The humidity doesn't vary a great deal year round, but we have found November to be perfect, especially on the Negril end of the island. While there is ALWAYS the chance of a shower, usually in the afternoon, it has never ruined our day, even a large part of it. The biggest impact is usually on water activities like diving or the cat cruise. When it does rain, we always find something enjoyable to do...whether sitting on our deck with a cool drink, checking out the internet cafe, taking a nap or some other way to spend time together. That's what Couples is all about.

So book that November trip now. You won't regret it!
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Thanks November sounds good, except the flight prices don't!

We might have to go in October now or maybe wait until April. Jim and I work at the same place and it's a challenge to schedule vacation sometimes. I forgot about deer hunting season in November and while we don't hunt, a lot of our coworkers do and they only let so many off at once. We will get back someday!

Woohoo! I will be at CTI for my first time in November...For our honeymoon! :-D

Britnee
    252 Days