Default CSS Help? Penthouse or Beachfront?

Hi,

I am new to this message board, so forgive me if this has been covered. We are pretty much set on CSS for our HM in September 2012. My question is, is there a more preferred room? Beachfront or Penthouse?

We definitely would like some privacy, but want it to be extra special since its our HM and we often don't get away with our work schedules. Thanks in advance for the help veterans!!

We have stayed in a Beachfront as well as Penthouse Suite E9. They are very different and each had advantages over the other. The great thing about any penthouse is you are 100% certain you will not be on the ground floor.
    I loved the bathroom so much more in the beachfront. HUGE jacuzzi tub and HUGE walk in shower. However, everything else about the beachfront suite was inferior to the penthouse. The views and balcony were far more superior in E9 as well as the overall space. Plus it is more centrally located as far as stairs and activities.
    You really can't go wrong though. You made the best decision already just coming to CSS.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon. We've usually chosen the one bedroom ocean suite as they have really great views but will be trying a deluxe ocean verandah suite on our visit to CSS in 77 days. We've stayed in the Penthouse before and though it was nice also. We like to have a large balcony where we can relax and enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner with a beautiful view of the ocean. We've stayed in a beachfront and found that, while the in-room jacuzzi was nice, the balcony was small. The big thing to remember is that you won't spend a lot of time in your room so it's best to pick the one that meets your needs and then enjoy your honeymoon around the resort. CSS is really a beautiful resort so you'll want to explore all of it.

Enjoy your HM @ CSS,

Bart & Bug

Go for the penthouse suite. If you are lucky, you will get D14!
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Hello,
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! You could not have picked a more romantic spot that CSS for your honeymoon!

I'm sure you will get lots of input, but my husband and I love the Penthouse Suites!!!! They have wonderful views from the balconies and they are centrally located at the resort, so the steps aren't too terrible. We've always stayed in the Penthouse Suites, and have booked another for our 5th trip in July, but we always walk by the Beachfront Suites on our way to SSB. The Beachfront Suites are centrally located to almost everything--two of the 3 restaurants, main beach, and the main pool--without too many steps. If you don't like the stairs this would be a great option for you. The Beachfront Suites also are the only room category, but for the Prime Minister's Suite (and perhaps the Hibiscus Cottage???) that have a jacuzzi tub. However, the Beachfront Suites have tiny balconies and if you happen to be on the first floor of Building A or B, you don't have alot of privacy as well.

I'm sorry for the rambling post, but it really depends on what you and your future hubby want for your room. If you want lots of space and views, then perhaps the Penthouse Suite is the best choice; however, if you want to be in the middle of everything then the Beachfront Suite would be a great choice.

Have a wonderful honeymoon!
    suzyQ

We stay in the Beachfront Jacuzzi Suites, every year but we like that area. We have been in just about every other type of room tovisit or just see what our friend's rooms looked like. For privacy I would go for the Penthouse. You'll love CSS.

Congrats on the wedding!
    Both room types are pretty great but they are a little different

The Penthouses are higher up the cliffs in Blocks C, D & E. So, there is a bit more up and down stairs and walking
    But the views were pretty great from our Penthouse balcony (the Harry Belafonte Suite) last July
    They are midway between the beach and the upper lobby with the game room, internet cafe, gym, spa, Balloon bar, and Casanova restaurant
    The rooms are large, with a large sitting room plus a large bedroom and ours had 2 bathrooms
    There was no tub only a shower in one bath, but it was a large shower.

The Beachfront suites are also great.
    They are down at the beach level in Blocks A & B. So the view can be a little less spectacular (especially from the first floor). But you can still see and hear the ocean from your room. That is awesome when you are from the Midwest.
    And they are much closer to the beach, the main pool and the swim up bar, the beach bar, Sunset Beach, the beach grill, and the Pallazina restaurant.
    They do have the jacuzzi tub and they all have a nice balcony/sitting area
    They are a bit smaller but honestly you don't spend that much time in the room. So as long as you have a king size bed who cares.

Both rooms have minibars, tvs, and access to roomservice

IMHO you can't go wrong with either.
    I have heard a lot of people say, go with the cheaper room and stay another day. I promise you will like that better than you would the higher room class.

Have a great honeymoon!
    We love CSS!
    We are taking our seventh and eighth trips to Couples this year.

we REALLY liked the beachfront suites. Their location is perfect.

We do not spend that much time in the room and we like to use the bathrooms in our room instead of the public bathrooms, too far to walk to the other rooms and there are over 100 steps.

The balcony had a table and (2) chairs where we could eat breakfast or sit out w/ a glass of something, just perfect for that.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! It is truly a beautiful place for it. We stayed in Beachfront last year and loved it but are going for the Penthouse this September. BF is nice and central, but small balcony and that is one of our favorite things....having breakfast and Jamaican
    Coffee watching the sunrise. Either decision, you will be at the best place to celebrate the start of your new life!

Nancy
    Irie

We also really like the Beachfront suites. We love the large bathroom, and how close the room is to the beach and main pool. The balcony is small, but its still big enough to sit out and drink coffee in the morning. I am sure the penthouse suits are very magical. Good luck deciding.

D-14 Steve McQueen was awesome! Def go for the penthouse!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011