Thread: CN vs new CTI

Default CN vs new CTI

Hello!!!! My husband and I visited CN last July and still talk about it daily!! We spent all of our time on the AN beach and were in heaven.
    This July we are celebrating our 10th year anniversary and are considering returning to Couples Tower Island, which is where we had our honeymoon.
    Since CTI has had so many renovations, I have a few questions that I was hoping some of you could answer:
    1. In terms of AN experiences, which did you prefer if you have visited both? We loved the beach at CN, but the privacy of CTI. Wondering how busy the island will be in July?
    2. How does the food/restaurant experiences compare?
    3. Can you do much swimming from the island, since that is where we will spend all of our time?
    4. Do they have floaties on the island? (At CN the chair pads doubled as floaties)
    5. Do you feel limited being on the island, in regards to hours (we were on the beach at CN most mornings at 7:30)?
    6. Have the rooms received upgrades as well? Our room at CN was amazing.

Thanks all!!! Wendy

Hi Wendy

1. Having been to all 4 resorts, we prefer TI more private and the clothed people are not uncomfortable - LOL. Have been there in January, September, October and November and was never overcrowded. Nice group of people always!

2. Have been to all 4 resorts and we feel CTI has the best food and chef!

3. Swimming is limited due to the surrounding coral and the swimmup pool is small - just for socializing and playing drinking games. Some people due snorkel carefully.

4. They do have floaties on the loungers.

5. The normal hours on the island are from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm but if there dinners/weddings scheduled, they try to accommodate by opening the island earlier and/or closing later.

6. The rooms are very nice with fabulous ocean and island views and they have added mini bars.

You cannot go wrong with any of the resorts - all unique and beautiful!

Enjoy
    Paul and Debbie
    Loyalists since 1980

We have been to TI once, for our honeymoon as well in 2009, and then CN the next two years after that (going back in Nov). Here are our observations and preferences

1. We prefer the quiet and solitude of CN. The island was fine, but CN was better for us. The privacy was not an issue for us.
    2. The food was about the same for us, although we do miss Bayside when we are at CN.
    3. No comparison on the swimming or ocean experience. We much prefer the ocean to a pool, and the beach at CN can't be beat. Grab a floatie and relaxing on the calm waters ... ah!
    4. Floaties at both places.
    5. You hit it on the head about the hours. We were at the CN beach early because we are early risers. Having a room in Bldg 7 or 8 made it all that much better.
    6. No upgrades, but then we didn't ask for any either. Didn't spend much time in the room anyway.

Hope this helps. We love CN and have decides this is OUR spot from now on.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Thanks so much! Everyone is so helpful on these boards! Thanks!

Island opens at 9, not 10. Oh and now they bring lunch out to the island--not just burgers and fries. If that is what you want, the bartender will call it in and they bring out, but they bring out a buffet. This usually included, fish, chicken, pork or beef (2 selections) rice, warm vegetables, fruit, salad and dressing.
    Vicky

Wendy - were you at CN in July around the first or second week of July? Did someone give you sunscreen before they left? That would be us! Come back to CN!!!! Enjoy the hammock under the seagrape tree (along with the lizards!).

Cindy

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!! That was us!!! How are you Cindy?? That was so nice of you guys! We still tell people about it! We are actually tossing up the idea of CSS (for the pool and swim up bar) or CN again (for, well, everything....). Coming the same time, July 10-17ish. Are you guys going back? What a pleasure to have met you guys!!!

Wendy!!!! So glad we finally get the chance to say "HI!" again!! Yes - we are booked for July 7-15th. The other 3 couples we were with are also going all about the same time. They will arive before us by a day or 2 and all leave on the 14th.

We talked about trying CSS but just couldn't give up CN's beautiful beach. Plus we know so many people there it just feels like home. Hope you guys decide to book CN. It would be great to meet up with you again!!

Janicek, sounds like you have been to CN a couple times. Was wondering if you knew of any topless pool times after dark? Is it allowed ? Can you give me any info Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by CBLEEK View Post
    . . . Was wondering if you knew of any topless pool times after dark? Is it allowed ? Can you give me any info?
    From the FAQs:

Topless Sunbathing is allowed in designated beach areas:
    Couples Tower Isle: End of the pier off the main beach.
    Couples Negril: Main beach.
    Couples Swept Away: Main beach.
    Couples Sans Souci: Main beach.

Topless is NOT permitted at or in any of our swimming pools.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).