Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Best way to get to resort from airport?

Hubby and I just booked our delayed honeymoon at CSA. We saw they offer flights from Montego Bay to Negril. Are they worth it?

If we choose not to take the flight, what are the best alternatives? I haven't been able to find info on the web site.

Many thanks! I'm sure this is the first of many questions I will have.

We love shuttle that is included in the resort cost. Its a nice way to see Jamaica. Our drivers have been like tour guide pointing out sites along the way. Takes about 1 1/2 hours but they will stop if you need a potty break, lunch or more red stripe for the road.

Take the bus but be sure to tip the driver as they are not Couples employees. The "Couples lounge" is where you check in. It is by all the other resort lounges near the exit. If the luggage porters haul your bags, they will expect a tip also. A dollar per bag for them and we do a twenty for the driver. It's an hour plus ride and sometimes they are awesome tour guides too. Have fun

Crazy question, but can we drink on the bus? Can we take a drink from the lounge, or do we have to wait for a stop? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by axmh1985 View Post
    Crazy question, but can we drink on the bus? Can we take a drink from the lounge, or do we have to wait for a stop? Lol
    Yes, yes, and yes, if they stop. They will stop at a jerk center about halfway there, if anybody has to use the restroom. If the bus does stop, grab a Dragon Stout. Awesome Jamaican stout that's not available at the resort.

Yes you can drink on the bus and take one to go from the lounge? Just remember its a long drive,lol

axmh - you can totally drink on the bus!

I would highly recommend taking the bus, and having a stop for a beer at one of the local bars!

Last year we took the flight from Negril to the airport for something different and it was well worth it for sure. But you should for sure take the shuttle as it is so much fun. They are great tour guides and get you pumped for your vacation. 7 more sleeps and we will be back at Couples Swept Away and will do the same, take the shuttle to the resort and fly back to the airport. They will have info at the resort for the flights. And the website is www.intlairlink.net

Yes we took some to-go beers and waters. Tip your servers (they are not couples employees either) and they will take care of you!

We heard from another couples that someone was on their bus selling red stripes.

Their bus only had a few couples - our bus was packed every seat so I assume they wouldn't give up a seat for someone selling something.

The shuttle is your first free excursion in my experience. The only did is the tip because the driver isn't a couples employee :-)

I love the TimAir flight. It is an expensive luxury, but I am always in a rush to get to CN!

Quote Originally Posted by rachlm927 View Post
    Yes we took some to-go beers and waters. Tip your servers (they are not couples employees either) and they will take care of you!

We heard from another couples that someone was on their bus selling red stripes.

Their bus only had a few couples - our bus was packed every seat so I assume they wouldn't give up a seat for someone selling something.
    Tip your server. They are not couples employees????

Can anyone clarify this, I always heard the opposite. Don't tip them as they ARE Couples employees.

The bartenders at the Couples lounge at the airport are Couples employees so you do NOT tip them.

We are returning for our 4th visit to CN on Tuesday. In the past we have always taken the shuttle...it is a great way to see some of the island. However this time we are flying Timair. It does cost a little extra, but we are thinking of it as an excursion. I've never flown in a small plane and the chance to see the coastline is exciting....and the fact that we should be on the beach by 3:30 enjoying our first rum.....AWESOME!

hhmmm..I could have sworn i read somewhere on here they were contractors, not employees and that tipping was allowed. The tipping by us and others was in plain site, money left on bar and everything

Going back in May...ill ask them and others to clarify if we can "legally" tip them

Default How do you get from the Negril airport to the resort

So, If I fly TimAir, how do I get from the airport in Negril to CSA. Will the resort pick us up, or will I end up on the same bus that leaves from Sangster.

If we take a taxi, what is the cost to get from the Negril airport to CSA.

So, If I fly TimAir, how do I get from the airport in Negril to CSA. Will the resort pick us up, or will I end up on the same bus that leaves from Sangster.

If we take a taxi, what is the cost to get from the Negril airport to CSA.

One of the advantages of taking the bus vs. a private flight is that when you ride the bus you get a chance to meet other couples that are there during the same time as you. Many of the couples we have socialized with on our stays are ones we have met on the bus.

The folks you meet at the resort are always coming and going on a different schedule than you, while the ones you meet on the bus and at resort orientation are there when you are, so this is always a great opportunity to meet up with others during your vacation.

If you take TimAir you can take a cab to CSA and I think they will also send a shuttle over to pick you up, if you prefer. We went to CN and the airport is literally across the street. The cab cost us $5...kind of silly but safe and quick.

I have read that Couples Resort employees will not fill buba mugs...however, the only time we use our Buba mugs is to fill with soda or beer at the airport lounge for the long ride to resort. Will Couples allow this?

I also agree with 2-4-, the ride is where you will meet other couples. All of the friends we have made while traveling was on the bus to resort.

how was your trip? we are planning on taking the flight from negril to mbj. we are staying at csa. is it true you get to stay at the resort longer than if you were taking the shuttle bus? how do you get to the aerodome? our flight out of mbj is at 2p, what time do you think we will have to leave the resort? there is a 12p scheduled flight out of negril.

Softial19, are you sure about the servers at the lounge being Couples employees? I have always tipped them, in the open, and have never been told "no, that's ok". I'd like to be certain so there is no problem in the future. Thanks.

Pretty sure their couples employees. We saw our bartender receive a tip and then hand it in to person by computers. Maybe its just easier/ less rude to take the money and hand it in then to explain the no tipping.

Randymon, maybe you could clarify the tipping policy, concerning the people working in the Couples lounge at Sangster. I, and others, would hate to get someone in trouble due to our ignorance. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast