Default Can anyone tell me what is meant by Resort Chic attire (first timers)

We are first time Couples visitors and are wondering uwhat Resort Chic means. We do not want to over dress or under dress. We will be there from Feb 25th to March 3rd. Thanks for any help!
    Mike and Sandy

When my husband and I went to CSA he wore linen dress pants and a linen dress shirt for dinner. Most nights I wore nice black shorts with dressy sandals and a dressy shirt. For the nice restaurant (not sure which resort you're going to) I wore a light-weight dress. Most of the women wear a sundress, or capri's or dressy shorts to dinner. I would say you're safe in anything better than a t-shirt and jean shorts. I don't really remember anyone being super dressed up for the regular restaurants.

For me its shorts and a tee shirt every where all the time . Dont worry dress the way you like and feel comfortable. If you see me, i am the one of many who are wearing shorts and tees 7/24.

There are dress codes for the nicer restaurants, and shorts and t-shirts wont get you in. For men resort chic as requested in the verandah restaurant at CTI was somewhere between the cocktail attire reequested for 8 Rivers and casual for the buffet. Personally I always dress for dinner when on holiday, it is part of the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by daffers View Post
    There are dress codes for the nicer restaurants, and shorts and t-shirts wont get you in.
    This is true. This also why I will never be able to eat at Feathers at CSA but that's fine with me. I can still enjoy Lemongrass if I want something a little fancier.
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ron3637 View Post
    For me its shorts and a tee shirt every where all the time . Dont worry dress the way you like and feel comfortable. If you see me, i am the one of many who are wearing shorts and tees 7/24.
    So you don't try the fine-dining offerings? You're missing out!

The dress code for all things Couples is in the FAQs.

Default Dress at CN

Most nights I wear a collared shirt & Bermuda shorts (not jeans shorts) & sports shoes and at Otaheite (reservation restaurant at CN) I wear dockers (long pants) & a nice collared shirt and nice shoes....I have always felt comfortable with this.....
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Most nights I wear a collared shirt & Bermuda shorts (not jeans shorts) & sports shoes and at Otaheite (reservation restaurant at CN) I wear dockers (long pants) & a nice collared shirt and nice shoes....I have always felt comfortable with this.....
    By sports shoes do you mean something like whats below or does my honey need something nicer?
    Name:  1438287-p-LARGE_SEARCH.jpg
Views: 6297
Size:  15.1 KB

I asked the same question cause its our first time going to Couples. I looked it up on the internet and it said for women: Maxi dresses, sundresses, sandles or wedges. For Men it said: Button shirts, trousers and closed shoes. I had no idea what resort chic was either! haha!

I just don't get it! You're at a 5-star resort with a dress code. Besides, it's fun to dress up once in a while, so for heaven's sake leave the darn jeans at home! Guys, is it so hard to wear comfortable Dockers-type pants and a collared golf shirt for a couple of hours each evening?

Its mean resort wear but nice resort wear.. like Maxi dresses, button up bermuda type shirts for men with light weight slacks... nice clothes you would wear out to a nice dinner but in resort wear. I hope that help.

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

Quote Originally Posted by mjleber View Post
    By sports shoes do you mean something like whats below or does my honey need something nicer?
    Name:  1438287-p-LARGE_SEARCH.jpg
Views: 6297
Size:  15.1 KB
    I don't think you can get into the fanciest restaurants with athletic shoes. My hubby has some docker boat shoes he wears.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by randijean46 View Post
    Guys, is it so hard to wear comfortable Dockers-type pants and a collared golf shirt for a couple of hours each evening?
    Yes .... Pants are for funerals and weddings .... lol
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

So for ladies dress shorts as in to knees with dressy top and dressy sandals are okay? can't believe I'm asking this as have been to Swept Away multiple times and should know what people wear. For Feathers always wear dress but have nice dress shorts that I hardly ever wear and get tired of capris. Truthfully I never really look to see what others are wearing. See even repeaters have questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    I don't think you can get into the fanciest restaurants with athletic shoes. My hubby has some docker boat shoes he wears.
    Correct...the sports shoes are for the NON-dressy restaurants
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Thanks so very much. I appreciate all your help.

One of the reasons I picked this resort was because it only had a dress code for 2 of the 6 restaurants that required men to dress nice and only one required pants. We were at an AI a couple years ago and all but one restaurant required men to wear long pants. We only ate a 2 of the restaurants the entire trip because of this. My Hubby dressed up for dinner once then said it was too hot to do it every night.

So my thought are this, I can get him to wear pants one night (When we go to Feathers) and then he can have his shorts the rest of the time. I think it's great they are so lenient with the dress code for all the other places.

Plus would it really be a "fancy" restaurant experience if no one had to dress fancy? The dress code is all about the atmosphere. I'm glad they only want that atmosphere at just one restaurant, and let the rest be casual.

I found light linen pants to be the solution to this problem. They are very docker-like, but so lightweight you hardly notice them. I also wear a collared linen shirt. I found the easiest solution to "closed toe shoes" to be a lightweight loafer style shoe. I find Sanuk sandals to fit this bill perfectly. Of course, any lightweight shoe will work fine. Some people enjoy dressing up though, and each to their own. I don't like sweating, so I keep it light.

He will be glad he has on long pants, it's cold in Feathers.

I always look at the restaurant and night life at Couples as a "Date Night". The main restaurants are all VERY nice, something to dress up to attend. A ROMANTIC night out.

My husband wears nice shorts (golf type) for suppers with a nice dry fit polo or shirt unless we are going to the "fancy" restaurant. It's hot and it's what he's comfortable in. He still looks nice. I usually wear a maci dress or cute dress shorts with a cute top. The girls tend to dress up a little more then the guys but I enjoy getting ready and wearing a nice outfit at night

Gentlemen... slacks and collar with leather or boat shoes will work for the fine dining experience, and is not an overbearing requirement, or as I call it, a loving gesture to the beautiful thing you brung to the dance.

The other joynts... casual shorts, even cargos, will suffice (nobody wants to see your holy jeans) and again, a collar. Clean tennis or athletic shoes will work, and you can probably get in with a "quiet" tee-shirt, but I have seen gentlemen AND ladies turned away at the Palms at SweptAway for that... why, I don't know. My wife was once asked to change into something with a collar at the Palms when we showed up with a sleeveless blouse with trim but no collar.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Well, here is yet another post from acranger that is the same response they left on the other recycled old posts they brought up.