Default Randymon? Paying current rates because an extra day was added...

Sorry if this question has been asked previously...but I just need to know. Back in Nov 2011 I booked 4 nights to CSA at the discounted rate for both me and my hubby and my brother and his wife. Our trip is for the end of May 2012. Recently, my sister in law decided she wanted to go an extra night. When she went to add it, the rates per night reverted to the current rates for all nights. So, not only did she have to pay for an extra night but also had to pay extra now for the nights I had already booked for them. Shouldn't the nights that I had already booked stay at that discounted rates and only the extra night be at that current rate? Did the TA do this correctly? When we asked our TA, we were told that unfortunately thats how Couples is, and any alterations that are made to your dates changes the rates. Please advise...thanks!

Good question. I booked back in March 2011 for July 2012 and may want to add a day or two for airfare reasons. No problem paying the current rate for the extra time, but I want keep my rate and bonus for the 7 days booked. Is this possible?
    Irie Mon

I would hope that was confusion or a system glitch. Have you called the Couples reservation line?

You cannot just book one night at Couples. You need to book a minimum of 3 nights in order to add on, otherwise they have to cancel the first booking and redo it. We also experienced this, and chose to keep our original booking. We phoned Couples directly, and that is how it was explained to us.

I will be surprised if this is answered and corrected......I have seen a few negative posts allowed but few problems corrected through the message board. Keep us informed please!

That's how it was explained to us a few times when I booked over the phone. They said that if we added an extra day or moved the whole trip over a day or two then we would have to rebook at the current rate.

I think if you made your reservations thru Couples, they will work with you. I booked March 31st 2011 for December 2012 at CN.(Our Second Trip To Couples, Went to CSS Dec 2010 and Loved It) Flights were not available at the time. Now that they are, to get a direct flight, I have to change my reservations by one day. (Was going Sunday Thru Monday, Now Have to Change to Saturday thru following Sunday, 8 days)) I called the reservations desk directly and they told me "No Problem". I have not done it yet. I called last week and they told me after I made my Flight reservations (Which I plan to do in the next few days) to give them a call back and they would make the change. They promised me I would get the same rate and the Resort Credit I got when I booked in March 2011. I hope they were telling me the truth! I would recommend calling the Reservations direct and see what they say. Good Luck!

P.S - Thank You all for the Great Info on this Board. I have been looking at this board for over 3 years now and learn something new each time I get on. Plus with having two years to wait in between trips, it sure makes it more bareable to wait. I Think?????? I dont post Much, seeing there are tons of people that have been going for years and years and I figured I have to earn the right to give my 2 cents worth.

Roso's in Wisconsin

So, adding 3 nights at current sales is ok...but extending one or two nights you have to rebook ALL nights at the current rate?

Quote Originally Posted by va couple View Post
    So, adding 3 nights at current sales is ok...but extending one or two nights you have to rebook ALL nights at the current rate?
    Yes, that is how it is explained to us. If you go on any travel site and try to book one night, they won't allow it. The minimum is 3.

After speaking to my TA again, she is going to contact Couples for me and find out more info on this. I will keep all of you posted.

Hmmm.... we were thinking about adding a few days to our already booked stay in 2013... would be extremely disappointed to learn we would have to pay current rates.

Randymon, can you chime in?

We added on a night in Nov. 2011 and only that night was charged at the current rate.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Sounds like a wide range of experiences with this type of situation. Would be nice to hear an official response from the Resort as to the actual policy.

CSS April 29-May 10, 2013

Greetings to all:

While we do not control how travel agents or tour operators respond to this issue of want to add extra nights, We simply allow you to keep the original rates and benefits of your original booking AND add the extra nights at whatever the current promotion/rate may be.

Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Greetings to all:

While we do not control how travel agents or tour operators respond to this issue of want to add extra nights, We simply allow you to keep the original rates and benefits of your original booking AND add the extra nights at whatever the current promotion/rate may be.
    And this is why we will be spending many vacations at the Couples Resorts! We've not been yet, but can tell that we will LOVE it and make many returns!

CSS April 29-May 10, 2013

JB Brooks, did you ever get your answer?

Quote Originally Posted by vh2 View Post
    JB Brooks, did you ever get your answer?
    Yes, I did! They did exactly what Randymon posted...the originally booked nights stayed at the discounted rates and only the extra night was charged at the current rate.

Shoutout to Randymon and Ivonna for helping me out with this!!

This is one of the things we loved about couples. It's not like dealing with a mega chain resort where your just a number. Even when not dealing with the customer directly they still extend the same courtesy and sensible resolution to the TA!! Simple solution to a simple problem on a personal level.