Default A "couple" of questions from an old time repeater

Hello everyone. We finally committed to coming "home" as our 2011 Christmas present. We will be at CSA April 26 through May 1, 2012 and are so looking forward to it. We haven't been to Jamaica since 2008, so if anyone who has been recently can answer these questions, I surely do appreciate it
    1. What is typically served at the repeaters dinner when it is not lobster season? I love any and all seafood, but hubbie is terribly allergic to shellfish. When we were there in October of 2008, they were wonderfully accommodating for his issue, but it would be great to know if we need to request such accommodations, or if they serve something he can eat without being "different".
    2. Are the current repeaters tee shirts different for men and women or unisex? I would like to know before preregistering so I will have a better idea of the size I need, which will differ depending on the answer to this question.
    3. Is the Royal Palm Reserve open? Always wanted to check it out but haven't and I'm finding conflicting info on the web. Anyone been there lately, and if so, what did you think? We would like to just check out the flora and fauna and possibly go fishing if its open.

Thanks to anyone who can provide input and again we are so looking forward to "home come soon".

Just bumping my thread up. Anyone out there who can help me with these ??'s

Since you haven't been since 2008 your Romance Rewards points will be expired. You will be eligible for the Repeaters Dinner and trading places, but not the T shirts.

Hi Iriegal,
    The last time we went to a Repeater's dinner when it wasn't lobster season we were served chicken and shrimp. I think it would be best to let them know ahead about your husband's allergy.
    The T-shirts I saw people wearing at New Years were the same for the men and the women. Can't remember what was on them but they are different than the ones I've seen other years. We usually order the champagne so I haven't had a t-shirt in a while. Might request a t-shirt next time we go because there seems to be champagne (sparkling wine) on the list of items for the bar in the room.

Sorry I can't comment on the Royal Palm Reserve but you've got me interested so I may try to check it out. Found it interesting the number of different palms they have at CSA.

We usually are at CSA the week you are going but this year we have to go a little earlier because we are attending a wedding at CN before moving over to CSA. We'll miss by 1 week.

Hope you enjoy your stay at CSA.
    Karon

Hi ORV and Karon, thanks for the responses. I don't think we are quite out of the 4 year window, at least according to the Romance Rewards site, so hopefully as a 5 time repeater, we will at least score the perks listed for us as passionate lovers. If not, oh well. Thanks, Karon for the info about the dinner. I will make the allergy known in advance this trip. Last time we were fortunate enough to sit with RANDYMON. How cool is that?

Also, Karon, so sorry we will miss you We love the tee shirts for the ambassadorship value. We hope to do the exchange with CN this trip. That is a new option since we were last there, but we have also stayed at CN and loved it also. However, this trip is so short we cannot do both.

I apologize, yes I see your 4 years will not be up until Oct of 2012, BUT, if you were an old time repeater that was given 20 nights after the program was changed those might expire, although I'm not sure as nothing official has been posted about it. But you might only have the points for the Oct 08 stay, the previous ones might be expiring. There is some confusion concerning it.

Hi Iriegal,
    We did an "exchange" with CN last time we were there. The shuttle picked us up at 10:00 to go to CN and was scheduled to bring us back at 4:00 (I think). We had a nice day at CN but decided to go back to CSA around 2:00. We went to the front desk and asked for a cab back to CSA. We were expecting to pay the driver but when we got in the cab the driver told us it was no charge. He got a great tip for being so honest.
    As a repeat guest you have the option to visit CN on an exchange. Just let the concierge desk know. I think they do the exchange on Mon, Wed and Fridays. It was nice to do something different but not really leave Couples. We checked out the Office of Nature (both locations) and made some plans to go back with the wedding group in April.
    We went over to CN on a really windy day and found the beach at CN was less windy and the surf not as rough. It was perfect.

I thought I'd mention that the Repeat guest dinners have changed. They now do 2 seatings. We've been to the later seating the last two times and found them not well attended by management. Really missed getting updates on the changes to Couples and CSA. If you have a choice try to get into the 1st seating that takes place right after the Manager's cocktail party. You may need to RSVP as soon as you get there because that seating fills up.

Enjoy!
    Karon