Default CSA 5/11-5/17.vow renewal?

can't decide to do the vow renewal or not? 1st time to couples. Went to sandals Ocho rios for our honeymoon 10 hrs ago. Can't seem to find all the info I'm looking for. How does it all work? It will just be the 2 of us. No guests. How long does it take? Is it like formal when u cut the cake and stuff? I really just want something very simple- to get married on the beach barefoot and in a sundress. Would love pictures too though. Can anyone give me a run down on their renewal from start to finish? I think I would want the 11am slot so we would have all day to celebrate.
    Last edited by heimy71; February 1st, 2012 at 12:57 AM.

Welcome to the Couples Family - we renewed our vows at CTI in 2006 (better than our wedding 32 years ago). You will need to let them know 30 days in advance and send a copy of your marriage certificate (see FAQ on website for cost, etc). You will meet with the wedding coordinator after you arrive to make decisions on flowers, cake, location, etc.) The ceremony takes approx. 15 mins and then you go for cake and champagne. Then you normally take pictures and video if you decide to do so - highly recommended. The video was one of the best choices we made - they did a fabulous job - still get emotional when we watch it w/family and friends. You may also want to bring some music of choice on a CD for the video as we did. My husband initially did not want to do it but is glad we did. Dress code is what you wish!

Congratulations and Best Wishes
    Paul and Debbie
    Couples' Loyalists since 1980 (our honeymoon)

Default Vow Renewal

We did a vow renewal 2 years ago at CSA. We wanted to get married there, but have huge families so just did a vow renewal a few days after our actual wedding. We did the 10 a.m. on the beach. The ceremony took MAYBE 15 minutes, and then you go cut the cake, eat it with a drink of your choice and then you can do whatever... Maybe an hour tops. We brought in a professional photographer cause we pretty much considered it our actual wedding. We had maybe 2 hours of pictures after... a trash the dress session where we ran into the ocean in our wedding outfits and then we were off to change and get lunch. Ours was very simple, stress free, and truly one of my favorite memories ever! I think you should do it! You can't go wrong!

Hi there! I'm replying because I would love the same information. We're going back to CSA in April, where we had our honeymoon, for our 5 year anniversary. We wanted to get married on the beach, but alas, had too many family members that wouldn't make the trip. So, we were thinking we could renew our vows just for us.

You're going to love CSA by the way! Love it!
    Going back for our 2nd Honeymoon / 5 year anniversary in April ! YAY!!!!

Thank you so much for your input. We also wanted to get married on the beach but my husbands grandmother had a fit because he is the only name sake and she insisted on a traditional wedding. Well I think we are really gonna do it. On 5/14 at 10am. I too want trash the dress photos. The ones I saw look amazing. Post some more! Not sure what to do for photographer. Want to keep it cheap too. Maybe I'll meet new friends to invite and they can video tape it for us. By the way, the message board is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by jordanandsarah View Post
    We did a vow renewal 2 years ago at CSA. We wanted to get married there, but have huge families so just did a vow renewal a few days after our actual wedding. We did the 10 a.m. on the beach. The ceremony took MAYBE 15 minutes, and then you go cut the cake, eat it with a drink of your choice and then you can do whatever... Maybe an hour tops. We brought in a professional photographer cause we pretty much considered it our actual wedding. We had maybe 2 hours of pictures after... a trash the dress session where we ran into the ocean in our wedding outfits and then we were off to change and get lunch. Ours was very simple, stress free, and truly one of my favorite memories ever! I think you should do it! You can't go wrong!
    I am so glad to know that someone else is having a vow renewal a few days after their wedding ceremony. My fiance has a son and we want to include him in the ceremony; so a destination wedding (at Couples) was out of the question. We are excited about our April 2012 vow renewal. We hope to have a few family members attending. Did you do the standard vows or write your own for your vow renewal?

We just did the traditional vows... Still such a cool experience! If you want to see some pics of the ceremony or trash the dress email me at sarahjsvoboda@hotmail.com. I'd be happy to share!