Thread: CSA Snorkeling

Default CSA Snorkeling

I read on another thread that you could not checkout snorkeling gear for beach use at one of the other resorts (not sure which one) So my question is - Can you checkout snorkeling gear for beach use at CSA? I wanted to do some playing around while at the beach (more than just our snorkeling trip)

Bumping this to the top because I got no replys. Anyone have an answer?

I don't think so, But there's not much to see anyway.

We went to CSA in March 2011 and we were not able to check out snorkle gear. My fiance and brother in law had to buy snorkle gear from the shop there at the resort which was like $30 for really crappy snorkles! If I were you I would buy a good set at home and take it with you. They snorkled everyday and found some really cool stuff. Tons of beautiful BIG shells and some starfish. Have a fun vacation and happy snorkling!

We bring our own and go out early in the morning.

Life is good

We always bring our own mask and snorkel and then just check out their fins.

Good Snorkeling!

Bart & Bug

Okies... afraid you can't. The snorkeling tours are in pretty high demand.

We bring our own masks and tubes. By the way, not to start a big run, but we noticed you can also purchase these at the gift shop.

Ourselves, we're a bit queasy about using resort tubes; no offense intended to anyone, its just our paranoia, I'm sure, and I do happen to know that the watersports guys sanitize them.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Ok, Thanks to everyone. I know last time we went, there were several things that were on the ocean bottom and we were in about 4 ft water and I wanted to see what it was. So I think I will bring my own goggles at least. We found some really pretty shells and a large starfish.

Chris,

Have you ever taken out a hobie cat and snorkeled? We are thinking of asking this trip.

Life is good

I'm a little confused by this thread. Can someone clarify for me. If you do the snorkeling excursion they will provide the mask and tube, right? But if you're hanging out on the beach and want to see something in the water you have to rent the equipment for $30?

THANKS!
    Going back for our 2nd Honeymoon / 5 year anniversary in April ! YAY!!!!

Beach-bum ...

No I have not... and its not really a wise thing to do, I don't think... there is no anchor on the cats, for one thing... for another, with no-one on board, there'd be no way to keep a breeze from tipping it, which would present a whole 'nother level of issues.

Breccad ...

Yeah, you're confused. To the best of my knowledge (visit #10 coming in May), you cannot use resort snorkel equipment unless you're on a snorkel tour with the watersports group; nor can you rent the equipment. You can, however, purchase a perfectly adequate mask & tube in the gift shop, which is going to set you back about $30 (don't hold me to that)... which would be of the same quality that you can purchase at your local Wally-mart.

Hope that helps....
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Chris,

Thought about the cat floating away thing. The wife said the same thing. I though one of us could stay on board and we could take turns. Then I thought that might not be good thing becasue it's a long swim for me back to the resort.

Life is good