Hybrid View

Default CSS Catamaran Cruise???

First Trip to CSS coming up in April. I was under the impression that CSS did not offer a catamaran/sunset cruise but a few of the reviews on Trip Advsior lately have mentioned a catamaran. Can anyone confirm whether or not CSS offers the catamaran cruise???

If not are you allowed to take catamaran cruise during your trading places day at CTI?

Hello,
    CSS does not have a catamaran trip due to the reef that surrounds the beach---so the catamaran can't can't get close enough to shore. However, CSS does have a champagne cruise, it's $90 and you can charge it to your room at the Watersports Hut. I believe they use the same boat you use for water skiing. We did the cruise a couple of trips back and it was lovely. Derron and another staffer whose name I can't remember took us for a lovely ride while we drank champagne and Derron serenaded us with a song as we watched the sunset from the water! Awesome time was had by all!:-)

One Love,
    suzyQ

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    Hello,
    CSS does not have a catamaran trip due to the reef that surrounds the beach---so the catamaran can't can't get close enough to shore. However, CSS does have a champagne cruise, it's $90 and you can charge it to your room at the Watersports Hut. I believe they use the same boat you use for water skiing. We did the cruise a couple of trips back and it was lovely. Derron and another staffer whose name I can't remember took us for a lovely ride while we drank champagne and Derron serenaded us with a song as we watched the sunset from the water! Awesome time was had by all!:-)

One Love,
    suzyQ

Suzy Q, Is that 90 dollars a couple, or per person, and we you alone, or were there other couples on the cruse with you? It sounds lovely.

Hi grayturtless!
    The champagne cruise at CSS was $90 per couple when we were there July 2011, and we were the only couple onboard--very private and romantic! One thing--if you want the cruise to go onto your resort credit you MUST take thee certificate with you when you are booking your champagne cruise. I forgot our certificate in the room when we booked the cruise, so when we checked out our resort credit didn't go against that charge. No worries though! That was the only charge we had on our bill and it was well worth it!!!!!:-)

Have a wonderful trip!
    suzyQ

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    Hi grayturtless!
    The champagne cruise at CSS was $90 per couple when we were there July 2011, and we were the only couple onboard--very private and romantic! One thing--if you want the cruise to go onto your resort credit you MUST take thee certificate with you when you are booking your champagne cruise. I forgot our certificate in the room when we booked the cruise, so when we checked out our resort credit didn't go against that charge. No worries though! That was the only charge we had on our bill and it was well worth it!!!!!:-)

Have a wonderful trip!
    suzyQ
    SuzyQ, Thank you so much for the extra info. We are planning on using our resort credit, so that info is very helpful.

Hi grayturtless!
    One more thing---you have to wade out to the boat to board, but the folks from the Watersports Team help you carry your things and help you climb onboard!

When we did the trip in July the water off the Main Beach was very very warm so there was no issue. Not sure when you will be traveling so I just wanted to let you know!

Have a wonderful trip!
    suzyQ

Sorry to tell you but CSS does not have a catamaran cruise. Also, you're not able to do the catamaran cruise during the Trading Places to CTI since you'll have to leave CTI to return to CSS about 4 PM and the catamaran cruise departs about 3:30 PM. To do the catamaran cruise you have to be a CTI guest as well. We're also going to be there in April (4th visit) and can assure you that you'll find lots to do at CSS so you'll barely miss the catamaran cruise.

Bart & Bug

Good to know as well. Thanks!