Default Airlines - reschuleded flights!

Continental has totally messed up our itinerary - on departure flight - what was an hour layover is now 3 hours (I suppose I can deal with that) and our flight back has now been delayed so we cannot possibly make our connecting flight - I do not understand how they can do that!!!! Spoke with our travel agent and she is going to try and reschedule for us - the only other flight available departs earlier and we have to fly to Chicago and then to Albany - unreal! I booked early to get good price and flight times - never seems to make any difference. Just had to vent!!! Only 73 more days to go I hope !!

Sorry. Stinking airline,not fair that they can change your flights how ever when ever they want and we just have to deal. Hang in there.

Grrr! Hope your travel agent can get it worked out for you!

Continental did the same to us. We ended up with a 17 hour over night layover. No, that wasn't going to work. They re-booked us on another airline and we had to pay $30 per person to get assigned seats. We booked 10 months in advance. They rescheduled us 1 month before our trip. UGH.

We've been burned by Continental twice and have decided never again. I will pay more just to stay away from them. Last year they cancelled our flight less than twelve hours before departure and we had to scramble to find another flight at the airport.
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by markandjannett View Post
    We've been burned by Continental twice and have decided never again. I will pay more just to stay away from them. Last year they cancelled our flight less than twelve hours before departure and we had to scramble to find another flight at the airport.
    They are now trying to tell us that if we want to sit in our original seats, 11BC and 5AB (we are now in the back next to restrooms on both flights - UGH!) -it will cost us an extra $108.00 per flight - seats with extra leg room now with the merger of Continental and United!! I booked this in June before the news came out about the merger - really disapponted in their attitude. I work in a customer support position for a small software company and we really try to keep our customers happy - too bad others can't do the same

It would seem that the major airlines have changed their customer service policies to all be the same "take it or leave it and nothing else matters" along with a very large portion on inconveniencing their customers.

Insurance companies and the airline companies, the worst!!