Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Au Natural

Default Au Natural

We are planning to go to couples negril - i have few questions -

1. Is it possible to walk to the au natural beach naked from the room.

2. Is it okay to stay in room naked during room service? Do people do that?

3. How common is it to be nude in balcony?

If you are in building 9 and in the end room you might possibly sneak out nude to the beach but on the most part the answer would be NO to walking from your room nude to the beach.

I won't speak for what room service may or may not do but I am sure that they might feel like they are intruding and simply move onto the next room and wait until you are dressed or leave the room. They might ask when a convienant time to return would be.

During the daytime I would say you would rarely find someone standing nude on the balcony. When the lights are out and it is dark who knows.

CN is not like HEDO or Grand Lido where they have a dedicated side for nudity. The privacy is limited.

1. I didn't see anyone walking around nude. I think that'd probably be frowned upon, so I'd recommend at least a towel or something, as you'll be walking through public areas.

2. Not sure about being nude during room service. I always put my robe on (they give you two robes to use during your stay) when they'd come to the door.

3. Never saw anyone nude on the balcony. We'd sit out in our robes or in towels, but never completely nude.

Good luck and enjoy!

Default Enjoy being nude!

Sounds like you enjoy being nude as much as we do!

Being nude is about comfort. Please be respectful of others when deciding when you choose to be nude. Your "comfort" may very well make others very uncomfortable.

Nudity should be reserved for the nude beach and your room when it only has you and your significant other in it. Room service does not want to, nor should they be expected to see you walking around naked.

Likewise please keep in mind that many people at the resort have no desire to be seen or to see other people naked, which is why they stay on the other side of the beach, I'm sure they do want to see it while they are walking to dinner either.

Respect is key. For every aspect of life.

1. You need to wear a towel or suit to get from your room to the main nude beach. There are many guests, cleaning crew walking around that I think if you were nude would be a very uncomfortable feeling.

2. I don't think it would be any issue to remain nude when room service arrives - it may make the server uncomfortable but if they return the next day you will know for sure that it did not.

3. Nudity on the balcony - we must be the odd ones because we are frequently nude on the balcony regardless of time of day. Nobody can really see that clearly on the balcony unless you are on the ground floor and we always request the third floor.

To be considerate and respectful of both the staff and other guests, I would suggest that you limit your au natural time to when you are in your private room and/or the designated areas on the resort which are provided for this type of activity.

If you want room service, just put on your couples robes when they arrive. No problems. Enjoy !

We did not intend to be disrespectful and that is why I asked these questions of what is the norm there and what we can expect.

My next question is how revealing cloth I can wear at day and night time. Can I little bit adventurous with my dress in vacation at couple? Is see-through top quite common there? How about string bikini? Will it okay? My husband is challenging me not to pack any under garments - will that be okay?

Hi dev.das, I don't think you were being disrespectful. In fact I think you are wise to ask your questions. I can't address your room service question except to say be respectful of the reaction you may receive. If someone feels uncomfortable you may want to cover up or step into another room. Your balcony question, I sat out au naturel several times on our patio. I didn't do anything to draw attention to myself and no one seemed to notice and no one complained that I'm aware of.

Going to and from the AN beach you should be covered. I would say that typically there are less than 15% of the people at the resort on the AN beach. If you travel to and from the AN uncovered there's a high probability you will offend someone. I think you have to ask yourself what you will accomplish by doing this when the AN is at the very most a 5 minute walk from the furthest reaches of the resort. When we were at CN I would say there were an average of 20 people on the AN beach, that's less than 10% of the guests. My wife and I would wear shorts and a t-shirt or golf shirt to the beach with no under garments and then at lunch we could just slip those same clothes on and be comfortably dressed in any of the restaurants. I think your husband's challenge is adventurous and fun and one you can pobably manage without too much fanfare while at CN.

Your see-through clothing. I wouldn't have a problem with it, I don't think my wife would have a problem with it, but we both sunbathe at the AN beach. I would say try it if you're comfortable dressing that way and see what sort of reaction you receive. I suggest you take some non-see-through garments in case your style is not appreciated by other guests.

Personally at dinner on several nights I saw some people dressed in attire that I thought they could have improved upon but the resort says it's okay so I accept their fashion choices. If someone complains about your fashion choices can they also complain about someone wearing a loud Hawaiian shirt with mismatched cargo shorts? Some people may find that equally as offensive as another person may find seeing your breasts through a shear blouse.

Just a note. If you go to the piano bar at night or if you eat in Otaheite or Lychee you may be a bit cool in your see-through clothing.

Have a great time at CN and let us know how your style is received by the other guests.

Quote Originally Posted by 2007.dev.das View Post
    We did not intend to be disrespectful and that is why I asked these questions of what is the norm there and what we can expect.

My next question is how revealing cloth I can wear at day and night time. Can I little bit adventurous with my dress in vacation at couple? Is see-through top quite common there? How about string bikini? Will it okay? My husband is challenging me not to pack any under garments - will that be okay?
    I would say it is "not common" however i see no problem dressing sexy especially when you can " pull it off "
    Granted it is not Hedo but it is your holiday.
    Nothing wrong with sexy attire. I think you may get some negative remarks from those who
    1) are not confident enough to pull if off
    2) no longer have the phyiscal structure to take advantage of seductive clothing
    3) are not open enough to figure the person is having fun dressing up and not bothering me so why would i care ...
    couples is a place for romance rekindling with your partner why not spice it up no kids no schedule have fun enjoy and go for it ...

Default Comando is the way

I have decided to go comando. Who likes sand in their underwear. Just leave your panties at home, wear what you want and have a good time. I am starting to wonder when everyone is going to get the No Worries vibe.
    Tom & Teresa

Go for it. What is the worse that can happen? Someone ask you to tone your appeal down. You get a few admiring looks, stares or a few men walk into the pool.

You're on vacation.

Attachment 408
    Last edited by RDYJMJM; July 18th, 2009 at 07:14 AM.

Loving life

The vibe is easy to get when you just start recalling those fond memories of past visits.

People just need to learn to
    RELAX and ENJOY

I'm glad to hear that someone else wants to dress a bit provacatively. My husbands loves to see my nipples peeking out when we go to dinner. I definitely dress up and make sure he is excited to see my attire when we go to dinner. Yeah, it's fun to relax, but it's also fun to get excited and look forward to the fun after dinner!! Long live romance!!

lpmp

I call that being DRESSED TO KILL and some women can really look good.

When I gawk Jean always slaps me upside the head. She says look do not stare. It's not polite.

2007.dev.das
    Go for it - wear what you and hubby want! I like the challenge your husband has put before you. Couples is not a judgemental place- do what you want and if comfortable with reactions received then No Problem. You're on vacation and it's your time to relax and have some fun.

I'm glad to hear that someone else wants to dress a bit provacatively. My husbands loves to see my nipples peeking out when we go to dinner. I definitely dress up and make sure he is excited to see my attire when we go to dinner. Yeah, it's fun to relax, but it's also fun to get excited and look forward to the fun after dinner!! Long live romance!!
    Ditto!!!

I have a quick question - why does not couple has some clothing optional facility. I am sure I am not alone - there are others who also feel the same way. Particularly when a place is dedicated for couples - what is the point to keep the obligation of dress etc. Rather I think provocative dress, half-n-half will bring some spice. What do u think?

However I am totally against making it another Hedo - but they can be little bit relax in their dress code.

2007.dev.das

At one point Couples did have the term Clothing Optional applied to the designated beach at CN. However this caused issues as people would remain clothed and simply gawk at those who were nude. This C/O option ended and became ALL NUDE. I can speak from personal experience back in 2005. It did create a certain level of uneasiness with the guests that were nude. As such the policy was changed.

There is no half and half option. Nude beach means nude beach.

Does it say you can't wear that provocative outfit on the main beach? No. Although you might feel uneasy with the looks.

Code:
    However I am totally against making it another Hedo -
     but they can be little bit relax in their dress code.
    Couples will never attempt to turn thier resorts into a HEDO. They realize that there is a demand for au natural sunbathing but not the wild sexual displays of affection found at HEDO. They have learned to take the marketing things that work and apply them to their resorts for adult couples to enjoy. The resorts provide the atmosphere you provide the spice but it needs to be done in a fashion that others are not offended.

Attachment 446
    Last edited by RDYJMJM; July 18th, 2009 at 07:14 AM.

Default Clothing optional Facility

I have a quick question - why does not couple has some clothing optional facility. I am sure I am not alone - there are others who also feel the same way. Particularly when a place is dedicated for couples - what is the point to keep the obligation of dress etc. Rather I think provocative dress, half-n-half will bring some spice. What do u think?

However I am totally against making it another Hedo - but they can be little bit relax in their dress code.
    I totally get where you are coming from 2007.dev.das. But the more I thought about it... the more I prefer to keep it as it is. There is a time and place for everything and I think that Couples Negril got the balance right for our tastes. There have been plenty of times where I was a little bummed that I had to put my swim shorts and T-shirt back on to go get a hamburger or make a dinner / catamaran reservation. But the rules as they are...... give Couples Negril it's personality that we all love. And if they start bending the rules...the personality of the place will start to become more "Hedo like". (In My Humble Opinion)
    My solution to this would be for them to install a phone at the "All Nude Bar" that would allow you to make reservations.

And to be quite honest.. I not sure the other guest would like seeing me stuff a hamburger in my face while I'm " Au Natural"
    Jamaicaman & Hottie

Hi dev.das,

My wife likes to dress very provocatively with lots of leg showing and nipples almost showing until she moves in a way to show a little nipple every now and then in the evening. On the clothing beach she wares a string bikini and plans to get a thong this year. She usually goes topless on the clothing side. We have some evening dinning pictures and clothing beach pictures at CN that Dee might let me share? You could contact us at dee_chuck26@yahoo.com if interested and I will check with Dee.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicaman View Post
    I
    And to be quite honest.. I not sure the other guest would like seeing me stuff a hamburger in my face while I'm " Au Natural"

At CSS we saw several people stuffing their faces AN. You do not have to leave the beach to get lunch at SSB. They bring lunch over, and also make burgers and fries right there. Most of the time we stayed right there and never dressed from the time we got there until 5:00 when the beach opened up to everyone, and the clothed started to arrive.
    Linda

Default Chuck & Dee

Chuck&Dee

I am a future Couples attendee and would be interested in the pictures. There is a message failure to that email listed though. Is that address wrong? Thanks. My email is swishspartan@yahoo.com
    Last edited by sand52man; July 8th, 2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: add email address

Bringing the additional food options to SSB was a great idea! We're so glad they started doing that. It made it much easier to spend the whole day relaxing there, without the need to get dressed and wander over to the other side in the middle of the day.

Lindad,

Is it mandatory to dress after 5.00 PM in the au natural beach? Or can we stay naked and watch the sunset. I know dressed people will come to the beach - but we won't mind little exhibitionism :-)

Default Wrong Email Address

Sorry, I did transpose our email names. Our email is chuck_dee26@yahoo.com.

Regards,
    Chuck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast