Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Diet Ting

My hips are begging you Randy! Diet Ting would be a huge help. Remember, I gained 16lbs in 2 weeks at CSA!!!!!

As I am always dieting, "diet ting" would be just fab! Lol seriously low cal mixers appreciated as I can hen have more without calorie guilt! Thanks couples, soon come.

Sorry about this but what is ting????

I might be way out in left field, here, but years ago I was told that they limited the number of diet drinks in Jamaica because sugar was a major crop there......??? That said, Diet Ting would be AWESOME as would diet ginger beer.

Diet Ting for me... PLEASE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carla Lee View Post
    Absolute and diet ting sounds very good. Absolute and ting can get too sweet after awhile.
    I agree, that's what I usually drink too. Diet Ting would be great!

Bigkev, Ting is similar to Fresca if you remember that.

I should have added that it's made with real Jamaican grapefruit, Yum!

Let's keep this thread going! Keep up the votes for Diet Ting.

Does any one know where we can buy Ting here in the US? I found this web site, http://www.tingsoda.com/home.html, but it is a little expensive and I don't know anything about them. I emailed to see if they have Diet Ting. If they do I will let you know.

Any chance you are looking into this randymon?

Just had to jump on this band wagon. Diet Ting (and/or Diet Ginger Beer) would be wonderful additons to the lineup. I can't stand Diet Pepsi (it's Diet Coke for me), so the diet options at CSA are pretty limited. Besides, Diet Ting and Vodka, sitting on that wonderful beach, sounds just about perfect.

I totally agree on adding an alternative drink for those who cannot choose - or in the case of diabetics - can not consume drinks loaded with sugar. Since Diet Ting is something unique to the Caribbean, it would be similar to offering Red Stripe for beer drinkers. Common, Randymon, lets give the diet soda drinkers some consideration here.

Another vote for Diet Ting! I also have to drink sugar-free drinks due to sugar intolerance so that would help a lot.

Diet sodas are really not much better for you than regular but for those who would rather avoid the extra sugar, or should I say high fructose corn syrup, (myself included) there should be more offered than the usual diet cola (Pepsi at Couples). I seems this is the marketing norm at restaurants and bars that I have seen. Since Couples is usually so guest friendly and accomodating we can only hope they get this message and add some Diet Ting. Of course they may have to eliminate something else as most bar liquid dispensers only have so many options (buttons) available. Just some bottles in the room fridges and bar coolers with the water? I wonder who does the ordering?

If you want it to lose weight then you are better off using real Ting. If Diet Ting has artificial sugar (not sure because I've looked for ingredients and can't seem to find them) then it's doing the opposite of making you lose weight. Using this fake sugar overwhelms your liver with toxins. Your liver will NOT be able to process fat if it is too overwhelmed with toxins such as this. If the liver can't do its job then you gain weight.
    And lack of weight loss is just one of the many hazards with consuming this chemical non-food.

My vote is no Diet Ting. For the health of everyone get rid of all artificial sweeteners all together. Use
    Stevia if you are diabetic.

Regular Ting doesn't have high fructose corn syrup...made with real sugar. Regular Ting in your drink is a way better alternative than the pop made with HFCS. I'm not sure if Jamaica has Coke/Pepsi with HFCS or sugar. I know in Mexico you can get cokes made with real sugar.

I don't care what you all get just do NOT touch my Diet Pepsi!! Yes I know it is bad for me....but I LOVE the taste of it......Coke Zero is pretty good as well but Diet Coke tastes like dish water.....hehehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by kycouple View Post
    Does any one know where we can buy Ting here in the US? I found this web site, http://www.tingsoda.com/home.html, but it is a little expensive and I don't know anything about them. I emailed to see if they have Diet Ting. If they do I will let you know.
    This was the reply from the company about getting Diet Ting from them here in the US.

Unfortunately at this time we do not have Diet Ting. We have not had any in stock for over a year and we are not sure if the manufacturer still makes it for distribution within the US.

I can't decide if it is worth over $3.30 per 20oz bottle for regular Ting or not.

Ting is a local soda that is citrus based with mostly grapefuit flavor and a good mixer with vodka.

Default diet Ting

My 2 worth, I would drink diet Ting if it were available although I do agree with the previous post that the artificial sweeteners are toxic, just not as much as the high fructose corn syrup.

Being a type 1 diabetic, and a lover of Ting, I would really like it if Couples stocked diet Ting.

I am not sure, to the detractors for diet Ting, that it is any worse then drinking diet Pepsi.

And before you start preaching about the evils of artifical sweeteners you might want to check the ingredients. It might just be less sugar, similar to Coke Lite - which is sold outside of the US.

Somehow I am not sure that will find Stevia, which has, for me at least, a bitter after taste.

And finally, for those who vote no, you don't have to drink it, why would you preach to anyone who chooses to drink it. Don't think you need to be anyone health police.

LifeLoveEnergy has obviously researched the subject and developed some strong opinions on sugar substitutes. However I disagree with her logic. If she feels that way about restricting the availability of sugar substitutes because it is bad for the liver, it follows that alcohol should not be offered because it can also damage the liver, and likewise meat is bad for cholesterol, etc.

The last time I checked, Couples was not a health spa, but a luxury resort. As such its clients expect to be pampered with everything they could possibly want including a comfortable room, a beautiful view, nicely landscaped grounds, and food and drink to satisfy nearly every reasonable desire. Offering one token diet drink appears to me to fall short of that expectation. Asking for an alternative to Diet Pepsi does not seem to me to be unreasonable. However, refusing to offer a selection of diet drinks does, especially since there seems to be such a strong demand. I hope to find some Diet Ting when I get to CSS on 3/3.

Quote Originally Posted by 74Stub View Post
    LifeLoveEnergy has obviously researched the subject and developed some strong opinions on sugar substitutes. However I disagree with her logic. If she feels that way about restricting the availability of sugar substitutes because it is bad for the liver, it follows that alcohol should not be offered because it can also damage the liver, and likewise meat is bad for cholesterol, etc.

The last time I checked, Couples was not a health spa, but a luxury resort. As such its clients expect to be pampered with everything they could possibly want including a comfortable room, a beautiful view, nicely landscaped grounds, and food and drink to satisfy nearly every reasonable desire. Offering one token diet drink appears to me to fall short of that expectation. Asking for an alternative to Diet Pepsi does not seem to me to be unreasonable. However, refusing to offer a selection of diet drinks does, especially since there seems to be such a strong demand. I hope to find some Diet Ting when I get to CSS on 3/3.
    Well said!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast