Thread: Salon Makeup

Default Salon Makeup

Hello--

I was wondering if anyone has got their makeup done at one of the salons? I would love to see pictures if you have. I am torn between getting mine done or doing it myself. I have only had my makeup done once (here in the US) and I was really disappointed with it. Please let me know how your experience was! Thank you!
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

Same here - def getting my hair done but unsure re make up.....

I am going to get my hair & makeup done..although I haven't heard anyone using their makeup yet, which does make me nervous!!

I have seen pictures on here of brides who got their makeup done and they all looked fine. Right now I think I'm going to do my own.

I got my make up done at the salon and they did a good job. I don't ware much make-up and they put tons on. It was great having my hair and make up all done and I did not have to worry about anything but getting into my dress. If I would have told her not to put as much on, I am sure she would have not. It was a nice treat also. The salon works with you however you want things.

I had my makeup done at CSS and they did an amazing job! I looked and felt beautiful. My hubby even dunked me during pictures and the makeup hardly budged. I touched it up before showtime that night and it still looked good. If I knew how to post pictures I would but I don't so sorry! They did have me pick a makeup style i liked out of a magazine too and went off of that.

Quote Originally Posted by abbi&derrik View Post
    I had my makeup done at CSS and they did an amazing job! I looked and felt beautiful. My hubby even dunked me during pictures and the makeup hardly budged. I touched it up before showtime that night and it still looked good. If I knew how to post pictures I would but I don't so sorry! They did have me pick a makeup style i liked out of a magazine too and went off of that.
    Hi Abbi! Would you mind emailing me pictures? I will be getting married at CSS and am trying to decide on the makeup. How soon was your salon appointment before the wedding? Thanks! My email is becky_sayre at yahoo dot com.
    Becky & Dave
    CN July 2012

I'm considering the same debate; do I do my makeup myself, or go with the salon option? I really like a very light, natural, balmy look, and I would like to embrace the style for my wedding. If anyone has any photo examples of their makeup done at the salon, please post them, along with a description of the 'look' you were going for, as a reference point. Thanks!

I am also getting married at CSS on May 31,012 and have been having the same dillema!

I am getting married at CSA in April and have been asking myself the same question!!! I would also like to know how much extra it cost to have hair and/or makeup done at the salon.

Salon makeup has been on my mind as well... I love doing eye makeup but have almost no experience with foundation, lips, blush and all the other stuff. How heavy do I need to go on eye makeup so it shows up in the pictures, but I don't look like a clown in real life? If I try to do my own foundation/etc what are the chances it will all just melt off my face in the heat?

Might be worth investigating online for tips on how to do makeup for photoshoots in tropical climates.

I personally feel like the salon does not know how to do makeup on white people, and they make them look orange.. I think you would be better off going to a Nordstrom and having them show you how to do your own makeup.

Okay, after seeing a few pictures from makeup that was done at CSS, I decided that I am going to get mine done. Hair is $60+ and make up is $50. Since we have the $300 in resort credits, why not use them!
    Becky & Dave
    CN July 2012

Ennazus22, that's what I did. I don't know how well they do makeup and I'm no expert on makeup application but I didn't trust anyone else to do it the way I wanted it. They did my hair and it turned out nice I think.
    I went to Herbergers and had a good consultation and bought some nice stuff. They are very knowledgeable and I felt comfortable doing my makeup myself. Good luck!

A friend of mine had both hair and make-up done and she loved it....and she looked beautiful. I, on the otherhand, will most likely do mine myself. Mainly for budgeting purposes

I had both my hair and makeup done at CTI for my wedding on 3/22/12...hair was AMAZING!! and I was very pleased with the makeup!! My only complaint was she put on a bit more blush then I'm used to, but it was still extremely good, and lasted until I took it off in the wee hours of the morning! I was nervous about someone doing my makeup, but def was happy I went with it!

To MissouriCouple,

Congratulations on your recent wedding at CTI! Would you mind sharing pictures of your hair and makeup, so we can see how it turned out? (I'm sure it was beautiful, of course!)

Also, my fiance and I are getting married at CTI next year, and we would love to see photos of the ceremony site you chose on the resort, if you feel comfortable sharing.

What length was your hair when you got married? How long did it take the salon to style it? I've got natural-waist length, healthy, straight hair, of medium thickness, and I'm hoping for a curled upsweep, but I'm getting married at 11:00 am, and the salon doesn't open until 9:00 am, and I'm afraid it wll turn in to a time crunch. Do you think that's likely?

I'm getting my hair done at the salon and I'm doing my own makeup. I have a rarer skin color with a blue-red undertone. Most foundations have a strong yellow base that makes me look sickly. I've been doing my own makeup long enough to know exactly which foundations to use. I've had my makeup done in the US at pretty nice places (MAC cosmetics for one) and did not like it at all!

What I'm doing is having a good friend, who is an excellent photographer and owns a very nice cannon camera, come over to my house on a bright, sunny day. I'm going to do several different looks (with my eyes) and lip colors to see what looks best out in the bright sun.

Quote Originally Posted by cypris View Post
    If I try to do my own foundation/etc what are the chances it will all just melt off my face in the heat?

Might be worth investigating online for tips on how to do makeup for photoshoots in tropical climates.
    Purchase a makeup fixitive like this one from sephora: Name:  s1238658-main-hero.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  12.6 KB

Also, get an oil control lotion, like this one from MAC: Name:  M6H9.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  6.6 KB

Also, get some blot powder to use for touch ups, like this one from MAC: Name:  M53003.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  7.9 KB